Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 306,610
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Reality is better than truth.”

Since: Nov 09

Indianapolis

#268629 Dec 5, 2012
Which would mean she was digesting a kid. That's why we don't use children as reference materials.
No Relativism wrote:
"My mommy has a baby in her belly."

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#268630 Dec 5, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
I'm good. Yourself?
I'm good, too. I had sinusitis all last week, so I'm feeling GREAT now that it's gone.:)

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#268631 Dec 5, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>He learned that in the RCC. Fun times huh?
I'm glad I know true Christians. The nasty freaks that call themselves Christians here are not decent people.

Atrisco Village

#268632 Dec 5, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Actually, my mom DID die recently, and the law required certain procedures for disposing of the remains. My mother will always live in our hearts and minds; the body was cremated.
<quoted text>
I'm sorry, peter. And, yes, the body is no longer the person. I find it strange that Christians enshrine the corpse when they CLAIM the soul is risen to be with their god. They contradict themselves, constantly.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#268633 Dec 5, 2012
Muppet Balcony wrote:
<quoted text>
Elise: I nurse old people.
Whew! That's a relief......
Are you for sure?
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#268634 Dec 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, peter. And, yes, the body is no longer the person. I find it strange that Christians enshrine the corpse when they CLAIM the soul is risen to be with their god. They contradict themselves, constantly.
Haven't you had any religious training in your sad life?
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#268635 Dec 5, 2012
STO wrote:
<quoted text>
Heya Katie. Long time no see:)
They understand. They simply can't accept there are folks out there who disagree with them. They think we really, deep down agree with everything they say and only disagree publicly because we are evil.
A fertilized egg is a person because they say so. Don't look at it objectively. Just accept what they say.
Hey StO!! Y'know, that makes sense.
I'll just repeat it a hundred times or so and it'll be true!

:)

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#268636 Dec 5, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
<quoted text>
" It's going to say therapeutic D&C for (type of abortion)."
Exactly. It's in the TYPE of abortion that makes a D&C different from case to case. A theapeutic D&C for spontaneous abortion is not the same as a D&C to induce abortion.
Pro-lifers already stated those facts, Clueless, since Jan..
OMG Lynne, don't call me the bonehead when you can't get it through your thick skull that the D&C, the dilation and curettage are the same tools used regardless of the abortion. The remains are scraped out into a bowl period it makes no difference whether it was intended to be or not, they just are.

Atrisco Village

#268637 Dec 5, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Are you for sure?
Are you for real?

Atrisco Village

#268638 Dec 5, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text> Haven't you had any religious training in your sad life?
Yes. That's why I know how hypocritical and contradictory your brand of religion is. You can do what you want, so why do you care what others think of you? Insecure?

Location hidden

#268639 Dec 5, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, peter. And, yes, the body is no longer the person. I find it strange that Christians enshrine the corpse when they CLAIM the soul is risen to be with their god. They contradict themselves, constantly.
In my husbands family (brothers and parents)they are/were devout Baptist. I mentioned one time about cremation years and years ago and his dad told me that cremations wasn't considered a Christian burial even tho they believe it doesn't interfere with the resurrection. The burial is more like affirming your belief that death is not the end of your life.

Atrisco Village

#268640 Dec 5, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>In my husbands family (brothers and parents)they are/were devout Baptist. I mentioned one time about cremation years and years ago and his dad told me that cremations wasn't considered a Christian burial even tho they believe it doesn't interfere with the resurrection. The burial is more like affirming your belief that death is not the end of your life.
In my family's faith, Greek Orthodox, one cannot have a funeral in the Church if one is cremated. Everyone just shrugs and goes along with it.
Ocean56

AOL

#268645 Dec 6, 2012
Ink wrote:
Of course they do. Who do you mean by the RCC? And who in particular doesn't condemn it?
In this case, I'm sure that "RCC" stands for "roman catholic church." Did you really not know that?@@
Ocean56

AOL

#268646 Dec 6, 2012
Ink wrote:
You want to think that the Church is in favor of pedophile priests and doesn't condemn them. I'm not going to change your mind and I don't care to try. Both sides of my brain are fine. You are the ones shortchanging women by thinking they can't handle a busy life.
Actually, inky, YOU and other regressive idiots who "think" like you are the one shortchanging women by thinking the ONLY valid purpose women have in life is reproduction. More women are choosing to be childFREE these days, which means they DON'T want the "busy life" that being a mother represents. Obviously, YOU don't like or approve of that choice. Too bleeping bad.

No matter how much you whine about it, the choice to be childfree is just as valid and responsible as the choice to be a mother, contrary to what regressive religionists believe. Motherhood is still OPTIONAL, not required. I suggest you deal with it.

No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#268647 Dec 6, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Actually, my mom DID die recently, and the law required certain procedures for disposing of the remains. My mother will always live in our hearts and minds; the body was cremated.
<quoted text>
Your mom will always live in your hearts and minds, but God & Jesus don't exist?

Interesting..........
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#268648 Dec 6, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
Hospitals use ICD for billing; the state may or may not use them for official cause of death.
<quoted text>
I posted the CDC link to show the ICD's primary intent. Of course, the ICD is used for more than just that (you & Bitner point out billing). I used the ICD to show how you proaborts were wrong. Again. So, yes, the ICD has many uses.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#268649 Dec 6, 2012
ICD-9-CM Diagnosis Code 779.6
Termination of pregnancy (fetus)
Deliberate termination of pregnancy, generally through the use of surgical procedures or drugs.
Short description: Termination of pregnancy.
http://www.icd9data.com/2012/Volume1/760-779/...

----In 2013 becomes------

ICD-10-CM Diagnosis Code Z33.2
Encounter for elective termination of pregnancy
Excludes:
•early fetal death with retention of dead fetus (O02.1)
•late fetal death (O36.4)
•spontaneous abortion (O03)
http://www.icd10data.com/ICD10CM/Codes/Z00-Z9...

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#268650 Dec 6, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted the CDC link to show the ICD's primary intent. Of course, the ICD is used for more than just that (you & Bitner point out billing). I used the ICD to show how you proaborts were wrong. Again. So, yes, the ICD has many uses.
Sorry, but all you did was to prove that YOU were wrong when you implied in your post to Elise that a nurse should know the codes, when they aren't used by the nurse.

Someone who was actually in the medical profession would know that. So much for your claim that you were in Med school all those years ago.

“Changing your thoughts”

Since: Sep 09

will change your world

#268651 Dec 6, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mom will always live in your hearts and minds, but God & Jesus don't exist?
Interesting..........
Low blow, NR. Why am I not surprised.

Location hidden

#268652 Dec 6, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>In my family's faith, Greek Orthodox, one cannot have a funeral in the Church if one is cremated. Everyone just shrugs and goes along with it.
I hear ya. Since death is our last chance to tell people what to do lol, I think whatever you want (within the law anyway) should be honored.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min shinningelectr0n 1,144,586
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 22 min Swedenforever 54,530
looking for sister (Sep '09) 1 hr loretta 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Go go dancer 19,490
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) 16 hr Squach 120,220
NO CANADA OIL to TX-OK! Thu NO CANADA OIL TO ... 1
Officer 'fighting for his life' after pursuit p... Nov 25 gollywog 1
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:30 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:30PM
Play First, Work Later for Ravens Rook
Bleacher Report 2:19 PM
Robert Griffin III Comments on Being Benched by Redskins HC Jay Gruden
Bleacher Report 3:53 PM
Redskins vs. Colts: What Experts Are Saying About Washington
Bleacher Report 6:37 PM
Chargers vs. Ravens: Complete Week 13 Preview for Baltimore
Bleacher Report 9:04 PM
Is SF's Season over After Thanksgiving Loss?