Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#266742 Nov 29, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
AyakaNeo: How can that be NR when the numbers don't show that the 51 difference were never counseled about adoption or abortion and decided to raise?
1. Planned Parenthood says it counsels pregnant women who visit its clinics.
2. Comparing 2009 to 2010 at Planned Parenthood:
A) ABORTION INCREASED 2009 = 329,445, 2010 = 332,278
AyakaNeo:
B) ADOPTION DECREASED 2009 = 977, 2010 = 841
C) PRENATAL CARE services 2009 = 40,489, 2010 = 31,098 (25% decline).(Closer look: http://www.lifenews.com/2012/10/25/planned-pa... )
* LESS adoptions.
* LESS prenatal care.
(Above cited article indicates Planned Parenthood wants to eliminate prenatal care because prenatal patients are "cumbersome" and cost the clinics money.)
NR I am going to have to call bullshyt.. As any source leads back to your virtual rag.

There is nothing on the planned parenthood site that even suggests that Planned parenthood is even considering doing any such thing.

“Proud to be a Wiccan Priest”

Since: Jul 09

Jonesboro AR

#266743 Nov 29, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
You and conserva democat should just come out of the closet. Your former wives know, why deny nature. Or are you a homopbobe?
**pat pat*8 there little feller I am sure the electric shock therapy and the frontal lobotomy will work out for you just fine.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#266744 Nov 29, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
NR I am going to have to call bullshyt.. As any source leads back to your virtual rag.
There is nothing on the planned parenthood site that even suggests that Planned parenthood is even considering doing any such thing.
Since PP is not an adoption agency his numbers only reflect the number of women that asked for adoption agency referrals and not the # of times PP initiated the option.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266745 Nov 29, 2012
Kathwynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe call bullshyt after you watch the "prenatal services" number continue to decline. But, when that happens, it won't be bullshyt. Will it, warlock?
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#266746 Nov 29, 2012
Carbon-12 wrote:
http://mlkshk.com/r/LRBN
Thats just bigoted and stupid.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266747 Nov 29, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>you switched your numbers around from your original post. You posted this:
The article I cited used Planned Parenthood's 2009 numbers: 332,278 abortion procedures, 977 adoption referrals. http://liveaction.org/blog/planned-parenthood ...
Then you posted: 2009 = 329,445, 2010 = 332,278
You're correct. I did initially have the 2009 & 2010 abortion numbers switched. Thanks for bring that to my attention.
HuskerDu

Muscotah, KS

#266748 Nov 29, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, when you put zebras and donkeys together in a church what do you get? A church full of ppl that are zonkers.
Many people say that the liberals are the new faces of bigotry and prejudice. I see by your post that what the people are saying is true.
Another Day In Paradise

AOL

#266749 Nov 29, 2012
It's so easy to sit in a chair and spout meaningless statistics. The fact is when you are using birth control and it fails and you are also on medications that cause severe birth defeats, sometimes you don't have the luxury of a choice. If you are a low income family or single parent who can't afford a child you sure won't be able to afford a child who is born with irreparable congenital birth defects like Anencephaly. But because self righteous people who think they know what is best for other people's family and want to ban all abortions, parents will have NO RIGHT to make a medical decisions about how long their children will be forced to suffer OUTSIDE of the womb.

If you don't think women are smart enough or moral enough to make life choices for themselves and their offspring then ban women from making any choices at all. After all women who were victims of abuse fall for abusers so let's ban them from giving birth just in case the daddy she picked is violent or has drug problems or the daddy is a pedophile. It's women who make their own decisions that are the problem, right?

A Pro Lifer ALWAYS ASSUMES the mother is a slut who should have kept her legs together or used birth control but sometimes birth control fails. They never try to pass bills to sterilize men who have 20 babies by different mothers or FORCE guys on birth control. It's always that Reich Wing, slutty women getting knocked up for food Stamps BS. Pro Lifers also ASSUME once the baby is adopted everything will be rainbows and kittens. If only life were like fairy tales.

Abortion rates WILL ALWAYS BE higher when unemployment, drug abuse, homelessness rates are higher. Adoptions will also go down when the economy tanks, try to wrap your head around the reasons why and which sex those circumstances effect most. It's not for the love of killing or convenience, sometimes it's pure mercy. Love alone will not feed a child. Ridicule, guilt trips, sermons about the love of Jesus WILL NOT prevent a drugged out, burnt out parent from abusing or killing a child after it's born.

Personally I don't believe Pro Lifers give a crap about children or they would fight harder to get birth control sold over the counter or fight harder to for stricter sentencing in domestic violence cases. They would at least show up every day at child abuse hearings and murder trials where parents beat, or raped their babies to death. That is if children really meant anything to them.

All Pro Lifers want to do is pretend to be righteous by saying they are trying to save lives so they can sleep at night while 2000 - 3000 kids are killed at home or just left to die in mommie or daddy's car every year.(Jesus must be so please they weren't aborted.) Six million are victims of abuse every year so we need to get our heads out of our rear ends and stop looking at abortion as a black & white issue because to these children who get raped or torn apart at 2 or 6 don't have a politically backed, well funded PRO LIFE movement to protect them because they have homes or parents, just not loving ones.
http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics

Location hidden

#266750 Nov 29, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Many people say that the liberals are the new faces of bigotry and prejudice. I see by your post that what the people are saying is true.
Seriously, all I did was put donkey and zebra together and came up with zonkers.
No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266751 Nov 29, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do when an incomplete abortion is the CAUSE of it - and that WAS the case here. She was in the midst of a miscarriage and that CAUSED the sepsis you dumbass.
Medical abortion IS one of the treatments for sepsis.
https://apps.who.int/rht/documents/MSM94-1/cl...
Foo: Medical abortion IS one of the treatments for sepsis.
https://apps.who.int/rht/documents/MSM94-1/cl...

Your WHO link discusses infection treatment AFTER a woman has had a surgical ABORTION procedure. As I said yesterday, if you are concerened over women dying from infections, you should be against abortion.

Foo: You do when an incomplete abortion is the CAUSE of it - and that WAS the case here. She was in the midst of a miscarriage and that CAUSED the sepsis you dumbass.

:Sigh:

I bet your teachers went nuts when you were their student. You just never seem to get anything correct...yet, you act as though you're flawless.

Where to start.....

Savita did not receive a surgical abortion. She was admitted to hospital on Oct 21 with complaints of severe pain. As you correctly stated, she was in process of a miscarriage (cervix dilated and amniotic fluid leaking). Her preborn baby was 17-weeks-old, and heart was still beating.

Oct 25, Savita's preborn baby died and was surgically removed.

Following surgery, Savita declined from an internal infection that quickly spread (Sepsis). On Oct. 28th, she died as her organs slowly failed.

Coroner stated Savita died from sepsis (E. Coli bacteria infection) which she likely contracted while in the hospital (Remember, she had surgery to remove dead baby....she would've had surgery to abort, too).

I stand by my contention that the problem lied w/ WHEN antibiotics were initiated. Were prophylactic antibiotics used? How long after infection was noticed were antibiotics begun? Should they have known sooner that she had an E. Coli infection?

A seven-person independent panel was formed in Ireland, and will conduct a thorough investigation.

Blaming Savita's death on "being denied an abortion" is propaganda promoted by your ilk.

We'll see what the investigation discovers and concludes. I'm telling you right now, her death was not related to "being denied an abortion."

You'll see.

No Relativism

Huntington, IN

#266752 Nov 29, 2012
Another Day In Paradise wrote:
It's so easy to sit in a chair and spout meaningless statistics. The fact is when you are using birth control and it fails and you are also on medications that cause severe birth defeats, sometimes you don't have the luxury of a choice. If you are a low income family or single parent who can't afford a child you sure won't be able to afford a child who is born with irreparable congenital birth defects like Anencephaly. But because self righteous people who think they know what is best for other people's family and want to ban all abortions, parents will have NO RIGHT to make a medical decisions about how long their children will be forced to suffer OUTSIDE of the womb.
If you don't think women are smart enough or moral enough to make life choices for themselves and their offspring then ban women from making any choices at all. After all women who were victims of abuse fall for abusers so let's ban them from giving birth just in case the daddy she picked is violent or has drug problems or the daddy is a pedophile. It's women who make their own decisions that are the problem, right?
A Pro Lifer ALWAYS ASSUMES the mother is a slut who should have kept her legs together or used birth control but sometimes birth control fails. They never try to pass bills to sterilize men who have 20 babies by different mothers or FORCE guys on birth control. It's always that Reich Wing, slutty women getting knocked up for food Stamps BS. Pro Lifers also ASSUME once the baby is adopted everything will be rainbows and kittens. If only life were like fairy tales.
Abortion rates WILL ALWAYS BE higher when unemployment, drug abuse, homelessness rates are higher. Adoptions will also go down when the economy tanks, try to wrap your head around the reasons why and which sex those circumstances effect most. It's not for the love of killing or convenience, sometimes it's pure mercy. Love alone will not feed a child. Ridicule, guilt trips, sermons about the love of Jesus WILL NOT prevent a drugged out, burnt out parent from abusing or killing a child after it's born.
Personally I don't believe Pro Lifers give a crap about children or they would fight harder to get birth control sold over the counter or fight harder to for stricter sentencing in domestic violence cases. They would at least show up every day at child abuse hearings and murder trials where parents beat, or raped their babies to death. That is if children really meant anything to them.
All Pro Lifers want to do is pretend to be righteous by saying they are trying to save lives so they can sleep at night while 2000 - 3000 kids are killed at home or just left to die in mommie or daddy's car every year.(Jesus must be so please they weren't aborted.) Six million are victims of abuse every year so we need to get our heads out of our rear ends and stop looking at abortion as a black & white issue because to these children who get raped or torn apart at 2 or 6 don't have a politically backed, well funded PRO LIFE movement to protect them because they have homes or parents, just not loving ones.
http://www.childhelp.org/pages/statistics
While you're yapping about statistics, go analyze and ponder why Planned Parenthood's annual abortion rate continues to rise at the same time it continues to preach and dispense contraception.

Ready....set.....go..........

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#266753 Nov 29, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Seriously, all I did was put donkey and zebra together and came up with zonkers.
That broad loves to play the victim, all the while defending the criminal behavior of the leaders and the representatives of her religion.
No Relativism

West Lafayette, IN

#266754 Nov 29, 2012
Googleicious wrote:
<quoted text>
You take to facts like a duck takes to vaccuming.
Googleicious/Foo: You take to facts like a duck takes to vaccuming

It is you who likes cleaning carpet.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#266755 Nov 29, 2012
HuskerDu wrote:
<quoted text>Many people say that the liberals are the new faces of bigotry and prejudice. I see by your post that what the people are saying is true.
I see you lost your sense of humor after the lobotomy.

“2014 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

#266756 Nov 29, 2012
Husker du wrote:
<quoted text>You are a nut.
C'mon knutter; you can do better.

Try again.

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#266757 Nov 29, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are a faux jew, pretneding to be jewish like foo, your "jewish" lessons are meaningless. You did it to bag your latest female fling. Your first wife split just like Kathy's, wonder why. I guess you could cheat before you pretendded to be a jew.
You proabort pagans are a hoot.
My my, the xtian prophet has spoken!

Quickly everyone, bow your heads and start speaking in tongues. Maybe G-d will spare you from the "lake of fire and brimstone."

LMFAO!!!

“2014 TDF”

Boca Raton, FL.

#266758 Nov 29, 2012
TomTom wrote:
<quoted text>
You and conserva democat should just come out of the closet. Your former wives know, why deny nature. Or are you a homopbobe?
You're confusing us both with NR. And it's not a closet, it's a basement from which he needs to come out.

Get your facts "straight." You're queering too much now.
Kenose

Westbury, NY

#266759 Nov 29, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
While you're yapping about statistics, go analyze and ponder why Planned Parenthood's annual abortion rate continues to rise at the same time it continues to preach and dispense contraception.
Perhaps it's the poor sex education we offer. Here are various bits of info that you'll likely not bother to read.

http://www.dosomething.org/actnow/tipsandtool... #

Here in NY:
The Holt Lifetime Health textbook, which is used in five districts in the state (and many more across the country), defines the vagina as the “organ that receives sperm during reproduction.” One district takes it even further and defines the vagina as a “sperm deposit.”

In Mississippi, which has the highest pregnancy rate for teens:
"Mississippi, the poorest U.S. state, has the nation's highest teen pregnancy rate. Yet until this year, the state allowed schools to forgo sex education entirely.
That changed with a state law passed last year that mandated school districts adopt either abstinence-only or abstinence-plus sex education policies. Before the new law, any district that did teach sex education had to teach abstinence-only.
Under the new law, a majority of Mississippi's public school districts this year adopted abstinence-only policies that avoid or downplay the issue of contraceptives."

In Texas, you can read:
"8 Steps to Protect Yourself from STDs," which includes "get plenty of rest" but not "use a condom."

A video used in three districts shows a boy asking an evangelical educator what will happen if he has premarital sex. "Well, I guess you'll have to be prepared to die."

There's an abstinence-only program that assures students that "if a woman is dry, the sperm will die".

Location hidden

#266760 Nov 29, 2012
No Relativism wrote:
<quoted text>
What are the 2011 numbers? The rates are declining for the first time in quite a few years. Would you support federal funding if PP were required to provide adoption services while at the same time providing abortion services?

Location hidden

#266761 Nov 29, 2012
Kenose wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps it's the poor sex education we offer. Here are various bits of info that you'll likely not bother to read.
http://www.dosomething.org/actnow/tipsandtool... #
Here in NY:
The Holt Lifetime Health textbook, which is used in five districts in the state (and many more across the country), defines the vagina as the “organ that receives sperm during reproduction.” One district takes it even further and defines the vagina as a “sperm deposit.”
In Mississippi, which has the highest pregnancy rate for teens:
"Mississippi, the poorest U.S. state, has the nation's highest teen pregnancy rate. Yet until this year, the state allowed schools to forgo sex education entirely.
That changed with a state law passed last year that mandated school districts adopt either abstinence-only or abstinence-plus sex education policies. Before the new law, any district that did teach sex education had to teach abstinence-only.
Under the new law, a majority of Mississippi's public school districts this year adopted abstinence-only policies that avoid or downplay the issue of contraceptives."
In Texas, you can read:
"8 Steps to Protect Yourself from STDs," which includes "get plenty of rest" but not "use a condom."
A video used in three districts shows a boy asking an evangelical educator what will happen if he has premarital sex. "Well, I guess you'll have to be prepared to die."
There's an abstinence-only program that assures students that "if a woman is dry, the sperm will die".

No frikkin way! Are you serious?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min The Ginga Ninja 1,223,625
News Baltimore unrest puts spotlight on O'Malley's s... 48 min Get Real 1
Al Sharpton 59 min The patriot 10
News Commercial real estate boom reaches Baltimore 1 hr Great News 1
Hands up DONT LOOT 1 hr The patriot 1
Solution to the Black Problem 1 hr The patriot 8
News Thousands storm Baltimore streets in protest ca... 1 hr Tyrone 398
Cops railroaded to appease N***ers. 2 hr pathetic 53
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]