Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.
Comments
246,541 - 246,560 of 305,423 Comments Last updated 11 hrs ago

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful, elise!
Am happy for you :)
Thanks, friend!
:-)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>What is a D&C Procedure?
D&C, also known as dilation and curettage, is a surgical procedure often performed after a first trimester miscarriage. Dilation means to open up the cervix; curettage means to remove the contents of the uterus. Curettage may be performed by scraping the uterine wall with a curette instrument or by a suction curettage (also called vacuum aspiration), using a vacuum-type instrument.
What is your point?

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Ablation is not used to remove fetal tissue, ablation did not replace the d&c to remove fetal tissue. Why is ablation not used to remove fetal tissue, because it destroys the uterine wall. This is why women who have endometrial ablation are advised to get a hysterectomy or go on birth control. Got it?
Exactly. Hint: ablation.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it wasn't Sassy. It was Knit that said that.
Oops.

Sorry, Sassy. I got you and Knit mixed up.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Perfectly spoken, Ayaka. She has a very warped perspective on how a debate should work. In anyone case, what I wrote in January was accurate. An abortion is an abortion is an abortion, medically speaking. She makes her nitpicking about a word or term into a win or lose contest, as you said. There's something wrong with that woman.
I know it, it's laughable. Maybe next time they have a pap smear they'll ask the doctor to do it doggie style because the position is the same lol.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I know it, it's laughable. Maybe next time they have a pap smear they'll ask the doctor to do it doggie style because the position is the same lol.
Omg... Lmao

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I forgot that Lynne is truly crazy. I had no idea she was talking about a discussion we all had in January. My gawd, to me that feels like years ago. Does she have nothing to took about but Topix bullshit? What a freaking freak!
So. Foo, Sassy says that you claimed that a D&C is an abortion, even when there is no product of a pregnancy in the uterus. True?
Sassy doesn't know what she's saying half the time. In one post a miscarriage is not an abortion then a few posts later of course a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion. The confusion is the way the pregnancy is terminated. One is natural one is willful but both are abortions. They either understand that or they don't.(termination of a pregnancy vs miscarriage, both are abortions). I guess when a woman naturally aborts the D&C is a natural thing to do so it cannot be an abortion procedure even though an abortion is a miscarriage. When a woman has a D&C for an elective abortion, the D&C then becomes a murder weapon and they don't want to be associated with that.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy doesn't know what she's saying half the time. In one post a miscarriage is not an abortion then a few posts later of course a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion. The confusion is the way the pregnancy is terminated. One is natural one is willful but both are abortions. They either understand that or they don't.(termination of a pregnancy vs miscarriage, both are abortions). I guess when a woman naturally aborts the D&C is a natural thing to do so it cannot be an abortion procedure even though an abortion is a miscarriage. When a woman has a D&C for an elective abortion, the D&C then becomes a murder weapon and they don't want to be associated with that.
I think that Sassy, Ink and LLL know that there is no argument on the issue of abortion rights. One either believes in them or one does not. So, they turn to semantics and extraneous bullshit to make drama and deflect from what is the truth: abortion is legal, safe and will stay that way.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Do you folks want to see what the majority of abortiond look like?

http://www.thisismyabortion.com/

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
Do you folks want to see what the majority of abortiond look like?
http://www.thisismyabortion.com/
Yeah but they would rather the graphic images of spontaneous abortions on youtube be the elective abortion. If there is that much fetal tissue left in a uterus after the suction step......I don't know, maybe they should use a Hoover.
Huskerlicious

Muscotah, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Ablation is not used to remove fetal tissue, ablation did not replace the d&c to remove fetal tissue. Why is ablation not used to remove fetal tissue, because it destroys the uterine wall. This is why women who have endometrial ablation are advised to get a hysterectomy or go on birth control. Got it?
Most women who have an endometrial ablation are past menopause. What i posted came from a health care web site,they would know better than you now wouldn't they.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but they would rather the graphic images of spontaneous abortions on youtube be the elective abortion. If there is that much fetal tissue left in a uterus after the suction step......I don't know, maybe they should use a Hoover.
I love the video that Knit is so fond of where they pick gingerly at the "fetus" at the meatus (vaginal opening) for no apparent reason, tearing it apart with a tweezer for dramatic effect. Lol! Why would a physician do such a thing? The fetus is already out of the vaginal canal and is
intact. Why does the "doctor" play with it like a cat teasing a mouse? Ridiculous.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Most women who have an endometrial ablation are past menopause. What i posted came from a health care web site,they would know better than you now wouldn't they.
What are you arguing about? Just feeling fiesty?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>Most women who have an endometrial ablation are past menopause. What i posted came from a health care web site,they would know better than you now wouldn't they.
One, prove your first statement. I was not past menopause when mine was done. Two, even your own source didn't say it was used as a treatment after a spontaneous abortion, which IS what a miscarriage is. We were talking about the D&C used after a miscarriage, and YOU tried to say they don't DO a D&C anymore, but an endometrial ablation. You are wrong. Period. You even tried to claim that your doctor said so. You lied. Period. No doctor would ever say something like that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Huskerlicious wrote:
Really? Post menopause women have more ablations than any other?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
One, prove your first statement. I was not past menopause when mine was done. Two, even your own source didn't say it was used as a treatment after a spontaneous abortion, which IS what a miscarriage is. We were talking about the D&C used after a miscarriage, and YOU tried to say they don't DO a D&C anymore, but an endometrial ablation. You are wrong. Period. You even tried to claim that your doctor said so. You lied. Period. No doctor would ever say something like that.
Maybe she meant peri or pre I don't know lol.

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

Look, everybody... I think we are all playing into the hands of a couple of pinheads (to use their own term) that are only interested in creating drama by starting endless bickerfests over semantics. They argue over one word or one sentence, literally. And then, LLL has the audacity to tell us that we should interpret HER words as she intended for them to mean, when she doesn't give us that benefit, herself. These women are petty, controlling, dishonorable and mean. That is my genuine opinion of their character and I believe I am correct.

I apologize for lowering myself to LLL's level. She is a manipulative bitch, to be sure, but I am responsible for reacting to her nastiness. I am a better person than that and I didn't act it. In the future, I will act in this venue with the proper ethics I live by in the RW.

I still reserve the right to make irreverent jokes, but I will be gentle. It's in my DNA to laugh at myself and to tease others. I will be kind, however :-)

Atrisco Village

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

P.S. LLL, sorry for calling you a bitch. I think the name is fitting but I could've used a less crude one. I'm sure you will be less than magnanimous in replying to this apology, but I know your nature, by know. It's the best I can do, considering the not-so-nice things you haven post about me. I'll try harder:-)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

John-K wrote:
<quoted text>
Good afternoon "Seattle," as you can see, I don't get onto these threads too much anymore...
I suppose this is a case of you and I viewing the evidence presented to us and arriving at completely different conclusions.
The interesting thing about you, "Moon," and "Pete," is that the three of you can come off quite strongly in stressing your opinions from time to time...perhaps that's the common thread that compels you to continue conversing with one another.
I don't "know" either "Moon," or "Pete," terribly well so if I'm to assign motives here it's merely speculation...nothing more.
I'd wager that "Pete" uses the "Vlad" avatar much in the same way Lady Gaga used her "Meat-Dress": in an effort to shock not for the "shock-value" but to raise awareness of the viciousness some people have to endure because of their sexual orientation.
The reasons "Moon" targets Christianity as enthusiastically as she does is not merely an attempt to discredit the religion in and of itself, but to call to account those who publicly claim their personal "righteousness" yet thoroughly fail in the proverbial "Litmus Test" when their faith is put into daily practice regarding their dealings with others who may or may not happen to share that faith.
Nice to see you back.

:)

“Dan IS the Man”

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 6, 2012

Judged:

elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Oops.
Sorry, Sassy. I got you and Knit mixed up.
That's very easy to do since they're both faux-Christian morons.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 9 min John Galt 1,098,852
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 min truth told 18,820
How can I find a active biker dating site ? 10 hr kobe 1
Baltimore Stands with Israel 22 hr lavon affair 78
Police adjust resources after violent weekend 23 hr Anon 1
need help Tue Kelly baseman 1
TURNER BROAD CASTING SERVICE DOWNGRADE in AUGUS... Tue NAAWP - 2014 1

Search the Baltimore Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000