Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Full story: Newsday 307,991
Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision. Full Story

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262306 Oct 6, 2012
Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>My doctor thought i had Endometrial cancer, the doctors used to do a D&C if the cancer didn't spread or was precancerous. My family doctor will not refer or do abortions,neither would my OB/GYN.
I wasn't talking about an induced abortion, Idiot. I was talking about spontaneous abortions, which is what a miscarriage is. And no doctor would recommend an endometrial ablation as treatment for one.

Since: Jun 08

Atrisco Village

#262307 Oct 6, 2012
lil Lily wrote:
Here's sme more funy stuff from PCers about the D&C procedure.
I had posted, "I too pointed out that you can't abort a dead fetus, and sense was all that was used to do it. Peter goes around the boards like all other pro-choice fools, posting misinformation and passing it off as fact."
To which Petey replied, in post 213825
"Sorry, nitwit, but abortion refers to the procedure, not the status of the fetus.
abortion: "the termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, resulting in, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus"
http://www.merriam-webster.com/medlineplus/ab ... "
In another post Sassy had written, """"" You don't do a D&C to remove a dead fetus at that stage""""
This is a false statement.
Someone that I know in the medical field,has women come in dying from late term abortions,and they have to do D&C's on them because the Dr left parts of the baby(other) in her ."
In post 213828 Ladilulu replied, "So those are fetal remnants being removed from an abortion. Thats not an abortion. Pay attention. "
We were paying attention then, and still are now. Some PCers were,(and still are) claiming a D&C for treatment of an incomplete spontaneous abortion is "an abortion procedure", while other PC tell us it isn't, as if we're the ones who don't already know it isn't and like we don't get it's th same procedure used for both. BUT the PCers who admitted a D&C to treat a miscariage is NOT an abortion procedure, won't make their posts about it to the ignorant PCers claiming it is. Like Ladilulu didn't then, and like Elise and Akaya haven't now. They have to be told by us to do it.
Funny stuff.
Sigh.... I was addressing a conversation from the present, LLL. You are bringing up posts from January? Damn, you are nuts. In medical terms, the procedure is the same, no matter what the indication for each case is. Regardless, its is pure semantics. If a fetus is removed from the uterus, its is an abortion. A dead fetus, a living fetus, a zombie fetus, a vampire fetus... It's an abortion.

We were talking about a D&C. That procedure isn't always done as a termination of a pregnancy, but it can be an abortion. That's what I was talking about.

Lynne, I know what I am talking about. I don't care what you think you know. You are so intent on thinking you are winning something here, that while we are moving forward, you are stuck in the past. You are a petty, small person, my friend.

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

#262308 Oct 6, 2012
SeattleVehix44 wrote:
<quoted text>sorry but LNMOON is far from a frend when she constantly slanders me with the LIE that i hate ISLAM & ALL muslims, when ive made it VERY very clear that i will continue to demonize a culture/sector of a religion that promotes such violence that comes out as is radical islam.......you even dont do that, i'd say that makes you a better friend than her
"Moon," has not targeted "all" Christians" --- you dont read her enough then.....its not that she conciously hargets all of us, its that she targets the religion as a whole & by extention, all christians, or at least the majority of them........she's even claimed we're the "shit f the earth"
""Pete," has not, as you say, defended "Vlad" - actually he absolutely HAS...for one, his avatar for 3 years has BEEN Vlad, which tells you that he admires the man..........for two, he's defended his actions time & time again & claimed "doesnt matter, most rulers were like that back then"
"prism that only permits blacks and whites(evil, good" - no, see youre wrong about that too - unlike many of your friends, im one who CAN see in shades of gray - for instance, i dont claim (black/white) that all relligions are basically the same & extremism is extremism, all the SAME.......see, its that "sameness" that they speak of that proves they cant see in shades of gray, not when it comes to the topic at hand
"varying shades of gray seem to have no place in your field of vision." - where in the world do you see that? do you know i was once chastized for weeks on here for claiming a female sexual appeal does not begin on her 18th birthday...i was a pedophile & horrible person b/c i didn believe that since UNITED STATES law says adulthood starts at 18, that physical attractiveness ALSO begins only after 18.......simply b/c the point was there WERE shades of gray on morality and our perception of truth..........and that just one example
Good afternoon "Seattle," as you can see, I don't get onto these threads too much anymore...
I suppose this is a case of you and I viewing the evidence presented to us and arriving at completely different conclusions.
The interesting thing about you, "Moon," and "Pete," is that the three of you can come off quite strongly in stressing your opinions from time to time...perhaps that's the common thread that compels you to continue conversing with one another.
I don't "know" either "Moon," or "Pete," terribly well so if I'm to assign motives here it's merely speculation...nothing more.
I'd wager that "Pete" uses the "Vlad" avatar much in the same way Lady Gaga used her "Meat-Dress": in an effort to shock not for the "shock-value" but to raise awareness of the viciousness some people have to endure because of their sexual orientation.
The reasons "Moon" targets Christianity as enthusiastically as she does is not merely an attempt to discredit the religion in and of itself, but to call to account those who publicly claim their personal "righteousness" yet thoroughly fail in the proverbial "Litmus Test" when their faith is put into daily practice regarding their dealings with others who may or may not happen to share that faith.

Atrisco Village

#262309 Oct 6, 2012
LiIrabbitfoofoo wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!**pat pat** Isn't it cute when Lynnie plays selective cut and paste in her vain attempts to make it look like she's proven something?
Lynniekins, you haven't even managed to educate yourself, let along anyone else. Carry on dunce. LOL!
I forgot that Lynne is truly crazy. I had no idea she was talking about a discussion we all had in January. My gawd, to me that feels like years ago. Does she have nothing to took about but Topix bullshit? What a freaking freak!

So. Foo, Sassy says that you claimed that a D&C is an abortion, even when there is no product of a pregnancy in the uterus. True?

Atrisco Village

#262310 Oct 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
I had one three years ago, due to Adenomyosis. And I told her the same thing, it's not a treatment that replaces a D&C. She says her doctor told her it was, but she's an admitted liar.
Let's all accuse LLL of not telling Sassy thats she is wrong, wrong, wrong, an idiot a pinhead, blah, blah, blah. Lol!

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#262311 Oct 6, 2012
Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>What is a D&C Procedure?
D&C, also known as dilation and curettage, is a surgical procedure often performed after a first trimester miscarriage. Dilation means to open up the cervix; curettage means to remove the contents of the uterus. Curettage may be performed by scraping the uterine wall with a curette instrument or by a suction curettage (also called vacuum aspiration), using a vacuum-type instrument.
Ablation is not used to remove fetal tissue, ablation did not replace the d&c to remove fetal tissue. Why is ablation not used to remove fetal tissue, because it destroys the uterine wall. This is why women who have endometrial ablation are advised to get a hysterectomy or go on birth control. Got it?

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#262312 Oct 6, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Let's all accuse LLL of not telling Sassy thats she is wrong, wrong, wrong, an idiot a pinhead, blah, blah, blah. Lol!
Actually, it wasn't Sassy. It was Knit that said that.

Atrisco Village

#262313 Oct 6, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>My typical snide remarks? "Bonehead", "idiocy", "toots", "senseless", sound familiar? You haven't provided proof of anything, copying and pasting from the internet is not proof, your word is not always 100% accurate, your views are not always logical, you are the same as any else which is imperfect. This is not a contest Lil where we should strive to "win" but it is a contest to you. It's always about PL vs PC with you and never about putting our ideas together and working together, discussing together what we as society can do to get the rates down whether it's abortion rates, teen pregnancy rates, or birth control responsibility. You make into a contest degrading others who have good ideas just because they are PC rather than complimenting them for the idea or trying to discuss it further.
Perfectly spoken, Ayaka. She has a very warped perspective on how a debate should work. In anyone case, what I wrote in January was accurate. An abortion is an abortion is an abortion, medically speaking. She makes her nitpicking about a word or term into a win or lose contest, as you said. There's something wrong with that woman.

Atrisco Village

#262314 Oct 6, 2012
realkatie wrote:
<quoted text>
Wonderful, elise!
Am happy for you :)
Thanks, friend!
:-)

Atrisco Village

#262315 Oct 6, 2012
Huskerlicious wrote:
<quoted text>What is a D&C Procedure?
D&C, also known as dilation and curettage, is a surgical procedure often performed after a first trimester miscarriage. Dilation means to open up the cervix; curettage means to remove the contents of the uterus. Curettage may be performed by scraping the uterine wall with a curette instrument or by a suction curettage (also called vacuum aspiration), using a vacuum-type instrument.
What is your point?

Atrisco Village

#262316 Oct 6, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Ablation is not used to remove fetal tissue, ablation did not replace the d&c to remove fetal tissue. Why is ablation not used to remove fetal tissue, because it destroys the uterine wall. This is why women who have endometrial ablation are advised to get a hysterectomy or go on birth control. Got it?
Exactly. Hint: ablation.

Atrisco Village

#262317 Oct 6, 2012
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it wasn't Sassy. It was Knit that said that.
Oops.

Sorry, Sassy. I got you and Knit mixed up.

Location hidden

#262318 Oct 6, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>Perfectly spoken, Ayaka. She has a very warped perspective on how a debate should work. In anyone case, what I wrote in January was accurate. An abortion is an abortion is an abortion, medically speaking. She makes her nitpicking about a word or term into a win or lose contest, as you said. There's something wrong with that woman.
I know it, it's laughable. Maybe next time they have a pap smear they'll ask the doctor to do it doggie style because the position is the same lol.

Atrisco Village

#262319 Oct 6, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>I know it, it's laughable. Maybe next time they have a pap smear they'll ask the doctor to do it doggie style because the position is the same lol.
Omg... Lmao

Location hidden

#262320 Oct 6, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
<quoted text>I forgot that Lynne is truly crazy. I had no idea she was talking about a discussion we all had in January. My gawd, to me that feels like years ago. Does she have nothing to took about but Topix bullshit? What a freaking freak!
So. Foo, Sassy says that you claimed that a D&C is an abortion, even when there is no product of a pregnancy in the uterus. True?
Sassy doesn't know what she's saying half the time. In one post a miscarriage is not an abortion then a few posts later of course a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion. The confusion is the way the pregnancy is terminated. One is natural one is willful but both are abortions. They either understand that or they don't.(termination of a pregnancy vs miscarriage, both are abortions). I guess when a woman naturally aborts the D&C is a natural thing to do so it cannot be an abortion procedure even though an abortion is a miscarriage. When a woman has a D&C for an elective abortion, the D&C then becomes a murder weapon and they don't want to be associated with that.

Atrisco Village

#262321 Oct 6, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Sassy doesn't know what she's saying half the time. In one post a miscarriage is not an abortion then a few posts later of course a miscarriage is a spontaneous abortion. The confusion is the way the pregnancy is terminated. One is natural one is willful but both are abortions. They either understand that or they don't.(termination of a pregnancy vs miscarriage, both are abortions). I guess when a woman naturally aborts the D&C is a natural thing to do so it cannot be an abortion procedure even though an abortion is a miscarriage. When a woman has a D&C for an elective abortion, the D&C then becomes a murder weapon and they don't want to be associated with that.
I think that Sassy, Ink and LLL know that there is no argument on the issue of abortion rights. One either believes in them or one does not. So, they turn to semantics and extraneous bullshit to make drama and deflect from what is the truth: abortion is legal, safe and will stay that way.

Atrisco Village

#262322 Oct 6, 2012
Do you folks want to see what the majority of abortiond look like?

http://www.thisismyabortion.com/

Location hidden

#262323 Oct 6, 2012
elise in burque wrote:
Do you folks want to see what the majority of abortiond look like?
http://www.thisismyabortion.com/
Yeah but they would rather the graphic images of spontaneous abortions on youtube be the elective abortion. If there is that much fetal tissue left in a uterus after the suction step......I don't know, maybe they should use a Hoover.
Huskerlicious

Muscotah, KS

#262324 Oct 6, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Ablation is not used to remove fetal tissue, ablation did not replace the d&c to remove fetal tissue. Why is ablation not used to remove fetal tissue, because it destroys the uterine wall. This is why women who have endometrial ablation are advised to get a hysterectomy or go on birth control. Got it?
Most women who have an endometrial ablation are past menopause. What i posted came from a health care web site,they would know better than you now wouldn't they.

Atrisco Village

#262325 Oct 6, 2012
AyakaNeo wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but they would rather the graphic images of spontaneous abortions on youtube be the elective abortion. If there is that much fetal tissue left in a uterus after the suction step......I don't know, maybe they should use a Hoover.
I love the video that Knit is so fond of where they pick gingerly at the "fetus" at the meatus (vaginal opening) for no apparent reason, tearing it apart with a tweezer for dramatic effect. Lol! Why would a physician do such a thing? The fetus is already out of the vaginal canal and is
intact. Why does the "doctor" play with it like a cat teasing a mouse? Ridiculous.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min Bluestater 1,173,455
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 7 hr Alberto 19,592
Civilization Buy Fifa 15 Coins alternation Tue popo 1
Review: Flat Rate Office Movers And Storage - O... (Jul '12) Jan 26 Rose Henderson 4
Black and mad (Mar '08) Jan 25 Tameka 11,015
Ruby Tuesday cited for sexual harassment (Aug '08) Jan 25 Tameka 14
Officer shot man after police say she feared fo... Jan 25 MARK TRAINA 1
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:23 am PST