Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision

There are 317461 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 22, 2008, titled Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision. In it, Newsday reports that:

Thousands of abortion opponents marched from the National Mall to the Supreme Court on Tuesday in their annual remembrance of the court's Roe v. Wade decision.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Ink

Morrisville, PA

#254811 Aug 27, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
I'm loving the RNC is being attacked by tropical storms. Isn't that what pat robertson and others say is a mark of god's wrath against sinners?
<quoted text>
You mean the storm headed to new Orleans?
Susanm

Emmaus, PA

#254812 Aug 27, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
JM, Sue understood my comment when I made it and asked me what caused the killing....
You're the one that keeps using the word "emergency surgery". This all started with the DR story and the doctors feared of treating her in fear of it looking like abortion. They knew that it "might" affect the life of the fetus.
Again this boils down to intent. Was the intent to kill the fetus? Or was the intent to save the life of the mother?
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254813 Aug 27, 2012
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for the record, people like you are the direct reason people like me have left the RCC.
Christ IS always with us, however YOU do not speak for Him. And THANK GOD for that!
C'mon,grow up already. People go to church for God,not the others in the pews. What a pathetic excuse. It's amazing that you're so weak that you give strangers such control over your actions.

You remind me of this girl who stopped going to see her ill mom because her sister was a pain in the @ss. Her excuse for not going was because she felt uncomfortable. Her mom died and now she is wracked with guilt because she let her own pride stand in the way of her relationship with her mom. Her mom needed her and she let HER down. She regrets "using" her sister as an "excuse" for her actions. She freely admits that she used her sister as an excuse too.

pupsilicious

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#254814 Aug 27, 2012
cpeter1313 wrote:
There is always hope? Really? Terminal cancer patients, whose pain and dysfunction worsen every day, have hope? Is your fu**ing baby jesus gonna come down and cure them?
I never said people weren't important. In fact, I think people are important enough to control their own destinies without being vilified for facing reality as it is. I've lost friends to suicide; I didn't judge them for it. At the end of the day, they were finally at peace and no longer in pain. Who the hell are you to tell them or anyone else that they were wrong?
If a person is going to hurt themselves, they aren't waiting around for my permission, you deluded twit.
<quoted text>
You don't know any cancer patients. Many have hope many struggle and survive because of their faith and trust.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254815 Aug 27, 2012
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, junior, women have the same right NOT to have children as they do to be mothers. Women also have the same right to stop reproducing after having just ONE child because they know their personal limitations and wisely choose not to test them.
Funny how you seem to miss THAT fact every time you put up another idiotic post. Then again, you make a habit of missing just about everything, so this is no surprise either.
Your side seems to have issues with women who CHOOSE to have many children. They feel "justified" in bashing her and her family.

You've remained silent. Why?
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#254816 Aug 27, 2012
lost-cause wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said; something is doing the killing. A heart attack is considered a natural death. What killed the individual? The heart attack. Again, something caused the miscarriage, killing the fetus.
I never said that they were a "killer". What I said is that if they make a decision to have a procedure done to save their life knowing that the procedure will kill the fetus or is likely to kill the fetus then they are electing to have said fetus killed.
They are directly electing to save their life. That is the motive. The child is not the focal point, the mother is.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254817 Aug 27, 2012
LadiLulu wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree, John. I am fully aware that I judge, and I judge freely, without regard for whether I agree with the individual on this particular subject.
Being PC doesn't mean being silent and not having an opinion on other reproductive choices. It simply means leaving the ultimate choice to the gestating female.
The OP is wrong and completely off-base.
So it is okay that you judge,but you call everyone Xtians when they do it? Does that even make sense?

We here are discussing abortion which kills a living,developing humans life. That isn't us butting into other womens decisions as to whether or not they have one child or 19 children. Killing is EVERYONES business.

Yet,your side INSISTS that we mind our own business where others CHOICES are concerned,but it's okay that you judge where YOU see fit?

Sisterkathryn is spot on. Why is it that all of your side is up in arms? Can't you take constructive criticism?

The Duggars are bashed for having a large family. They are a loving family who are successful and that was BEFORE the show started. They seem respectful and happy. Yet,because mom CHOSE to have alot of kids,happily while feeling blessed,she AND her children,husband and mothering skills are attacked.

pupsilicious

Location hidden

#254818 Aug 27, 2012
Here is a great story for everyone http://www.lifesitenews.com/blog/pregnant-in-...
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254819 Aug 27, 2012
Ink wrote:
<quoted text>
They are directly electing to save their life. That is the motive. The child is not the focal point, the mother is.
One also has to take into consideration that during a QUICK,EMGERGENCY situation like MOST rare cases are,they are not thinking of anything else but 'HOLY COW THIS PERSON IS DYING RIGHT NOW AND WE HAVE TO SAVE HER',not...'Hmm....let's go discuss this case over a cup of coffee'.

A girl that I knew about two years ago,was ill prior to pregnancy.She was rushed to the hospital dying,and they did emergencey service to her. Her baby didn't die. They delivered her preemie after desperately trying to save her life. BOTH were saved.

People think that a baby MUST be aborted in order to save moms life. I don't know why.

pupsilicious

Location hidden

#254820 Aug 27, 2012

pupsilicious

Location hidden

#254821 Aug 27, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>So it is okay that you judge,but you call everyone Xtians when they do it? Does that even make sense?
We here are discussing abortion which kills a living,developing humans life. That isn't us butting into other womens decisions as to whether or not they have one child or 19 children. Killing is EVERYONES business.
Yet,your side INSISTS that we mind our own business where others CHOICES are concerned,but it's okay that you judge where YOU see fit?
Sisterkathryn is spot on. Why is it that all of your side is up in arms? Can't you take constructive criticism?
The Duggars are bashed for having a large family. They are a loving family who are successful and that was BEFORE the show started. They seem respectful and happy. Yet,because mom CHOSE to have alot of kids,happily while feeling blessed,she AND her children,husband and mothering skills are attacked.
Its sad when you turn on tv and people like Whoopi Goldberg make jokes about them, i quit watching the View because of the trash they spew out of their mouths.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#254822 Aug 27, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>C'mon,grow up already. People go to church for God,not the others in the pews. What a pathetic excuse. It's amazing that you're so weak that you give strangers such control over your actions.
You remind me of this girl who stopped going to see her ill mom because her sister was a pain in the @ss. Her excuse for not going was because she felt uncomfortable. Her mom died and now she is wracked with guilt because she let her own pride stand in the way of her relationship with her mom. Her mom needed her and she let HER down. She regrets "using" her sister as an "excuse" for her actions. She freely admits that she used her sister as an excuse too.
I guess we have all blamed someone else for what we've done or not done but as we mature and become more accountable for our own lives we have to accept that what we do is of our own making and no one else is to blame. Only we are responsible for our choices.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254823 Aug 27, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know any cancer patients. Many have hope many struggle and survive because of their faith and trust.
There is a great instinct to survive. Look at those who were absolutely hopeless enough to attempt suicide. Most will stall. Why? Because the fight for life is incrediable even when they feel that death is best.

Cancer patients will fight for their lives. Even cancer patients who are told that they are terminal,will still make the effort to "live" UNTIL they take their last breath.

My grandma,was 100yrs old when she died. Until the day she died,she brushed her hair and put her clip on earring on,fixed herself up before EVERY visiters or staff member came in her room in the morning. She wanted to look "good" each and every day. She knew that she was gonna die at any time. The will to live is strong.

Most people who "give up" usually had no hope to begin with. Look at the guy who had a great job,lost it,got depressed at that fact,and went and shot himself,wife and loving children to death. He gave up. He didn't even try to get a new job. He knew his life wouldn't be the same with this job loss and instead of fighting for a new job,he gave up.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#254824 Aug 27, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>One also has to take into consideration that during a QUICK,EMGERGENCY situation like MOST rare cases are,they are not thinking of anything else but 'HOLY COW THIS PERSON IS DYING RIGHT NOW AND WE HAVE TO SAVE HER',not...'Hmm....let's go discuss this case over a cup of coffee'.
A girl that I knew about two years ago,was ill prior to pregnancy.She was rushed to the hospital dying,and they did emergencey service to her. Her baby didn't die. They delivered her preemie after desperately trying to save her life. BOTH were saved.
People think that a baby MUST be aborted in order to save moms life. I don't know why.
It's a group looking for the easy way for everything. Actually having to give up a pregnancy to save one's life is so rare that it doesn't even need to be mentioned. I think it is a red herring thrown out to protect abortion rights.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254825 Aug 27, 2012
pupsilicious wrote:
<quoted text>Its sad when you turn on tv and people like Whoopi Goldberg make jokes about them, i quit watching the View because of the trash they spew out of their mouths.
Whoopi Goldberg insisted that her daughter aborted her baby. Her daughter refused. After she gave birth,Whoopi made damn sure that she was photographed with that baby as "PROUD GRANDMA".

She's a joke.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#254826 Aug 27, 2012
Susanm wrote:
<quoted text>
Every life that begins will die. Should women stop getting pregnant because of that?
I think, regarding abortion, you might want to ask yourself this very question, Sue.
sassy Jm

Jackson, NJ

#254827 Aug 27, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not entirely certain where I draw the line, until I perceive that I'm about to cross it - and somehow, I'm aware that it may move (incrementally or even at leaps and bounds) in any given situation. In this situation, I found myself asking why would a group of people, who usually lack judgmental opinion concerning the reproductive choices of others, suddenly reverse that stance and begin judging this one? I could only answer for myself - I decline to judge Mrs. Duggar for her reproductive choices, because I decline to judge those of anyone else. In this situation, that was my line. I still don't feel the need to cross it, and if that bothers anyone, it'll just have to go right on bothering them.
I suppose the 'why' of this is that I agree wholeheartedly with the assertion offered earlier by many: that judging situations and people is human nature. I am assuredly human, and judgement is undoubtedly part of my nature too. I reserve the right to express it, however, when and where I think it's appropriate.
Doesn't everyone?
I really like your thought-provoking questions.
Hope you have a great night!
You are absolutely correct here. Your side simply can't pull off this "I can judge" but "you can't" garbage without it showing their hypocriscy.

This isn't just about the Duggars. These people have attacked ANYONE with a large family. They called Mary's wife a "CLOWN CAR" because she chose to have a large family. They ridiculed him and his wife. It was like they were FORCED to have a large family. Then the insults about how their kids are neglected because of it. Such bull.

Then,they attack stay at home moms. Calling them lazy leaches.

Pro-womans choices? Not at ALL. They actually are anti-woman.

If that womans choices are acceptable to them,then it is a WRONG choice.

Same thing with the restrictions on womens choices as to WHEN,WHY and HOW she aborts. They don't want her having a choice when THEY think she should have decided by then.

Unreal. They just don't get it.
Ink

Morrisville, PA

#254828 Aug 27, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text> There is a great instinct to survive. Look at those who were absolutely hopeless enough to attempt suicide. Most will stall. Why? Because the fight for life is incrediable even when they feel that death is best.
Cancer patients will fight for their lives. Even cancer patients who are told that they are terminal,will still make the effort to "live" UNTIL they take their last breath.
My grandma,was 100yrs old when she died. Until the day she died,she brushed her hair and put her clip on earring on,fixed herself up before EVERY visiters or staff member came in her room in the morning. She wanted to look "good" each and every day. She knew that she was gonna die at any time. The will to live is strong.
Most people who "give up" usually had no hope to begin with. Look at the guy who had a great job,lost it,got depressed at that fact,and went and shot himself,wife and loving children to death. He gave up. He didn't even try to get a new job. He knew his life wouldn't be the same with this job loss and instead of fighting for a new job,he gave up.
Imagine how terrible it is to have your very existance depend on your job, or your looks, or someone else's affection for you.

That's where a true love and trust in God is so important. If God loves you as His child, what can really hurt you? He always get you through the tough times if you let Him.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#254829 Aug 27, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>Again,here you are judging what other woman do or don't do regarding their "reproductive" choices.
Unbelievable.
You make up these scenerio's and then expect people to come up with rational answers to them.
A woman having sex with her husband while fertile is her RIGHT. If she keeps having miscarriages,that is not planned NOR is it her choice. There are no guarantee's in life. Nobody knows the future. So for you to assume that she would "know" in advance that she would have 9 pregnancies that miscarry and then one that stays alive,is ridioulous at best.
I knew of a woman who tried to have kids desperately. She miscarried one after the other OR she just couldn't conceive. Her Dr couldn't find one thing wrong with her or her husband. It just was not Gods plan for them to keep what they helped create. She knew that the child belonged to God so as heartbroken as she was,she accepted that. Low and behold,they went on to seek a child via adoption. They got this little girl and BOOM,the very next thing she knew,she was pregnant. She went on to have 5 more kids biologically. HER thoughts on this was that God wanted that little girl to go to her and had she had her own biological,she wouldn't have sought out to adopt. Gods plan is what she said.
Nobody knows Gods plan always. You act like the miscarried ones were mistakes. Not true. Those lives exist still and God willed them to only be on this earth a short time. Our value doesn't change on the amount of time we spend on this earth.
What is all this? How does it address the point of the differences between serial spontaneous abortion and elective abortion?

We are definitely not on the same page.
Katie

Puyallup, WA

#254830 Aug 27, 2012
sassy Jm wrote:
<quoted text>Are you even serious? I addressed this two times already Katie.
First of all,who am I to be concerned about what others do in their life? ESPECIALLY if they aren't doing anything wrong. The Duggars feel blessed to have a large family. Just because YOU don't want a large family doesn't mean that others don't.
You are assuming that she can't handle another pregnancy because she had a miscarriage and a preemie birth. Why would you assume that? That's your assumption and not facts.
You have a problem with me suggesting that a woman with cancer not deliberately get pregnant? I didn't say anything about her not having sex while ill. You people make this stuff up as you go along. She would be having treatment for her cancer so why in the world would she PLAN on having a child at that time? Does that make sense?
If she is pregnant,then finds out that she has cancer then that is a whole different ballgame.
You're acting like a flippin [email protected] now Katie.
No need to be so combative, JM.
I can see you've answered to the best of your ability.

:\

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min RoxLo 1,600,504
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Percecution 21,175
News Mansion's reverend has skeletons in his closet (Jul '08) Mon DiLeos D 220
Mace Electric's Dick Colon raped an 11-year-old... (Jun '13) Sep 14 Westminster 79
News Baltimore archbishop calls for mercy for 'Dream... Sep 14 Michu pichu 1
News Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Sep 13 ColdCase 20
News Locations of Baltimore's former movie houses (Jan '08) Sep 1 Wesley Halbrook 12

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages