Nesquehoning church fights to stay open

Parishioners at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Roman Catholic Church in Nesquehoning are fighting the Allentown Diocese's decision to close the church next month -- the first of potentially several appeals to be ... Full Story
realty

Washington Boro, PA

#4360 Dec 6, 2012
to make it easy you might as well close down all the churches so that way there is no fighting of what church should be open
Fat Cliffy

Wilmington, DE

#4361 Dec 7, 2012
I happen to know he is too busy to bother with this blog anymore between the nursing home, working in the parish he lives at and teaching on the university level He is my spiritual director so I know what he does

The only thing you got right is that things could heal, but the posts u think are is, they aren't.

I am a member of one of the parishes in Bethlehem that merged so I know what is going on. Keep the prayers going.
smile and pray

United States

#4362 Dec 7, 2012
We will keep the prayers going. Thank you, and we pray that all people could just understand that we chose to take a stand from the begining and will continue. God bless all.

Since: Dec 08

New Columbus

#4364 Jan 6, 2013
How beautiful it is to have a weekly mass again(Every Sat morning at 9am). Thank you to all of those who supported us through the rough times and thank God for the strength to make it this far. We have more rebuilding and repairs to work on, but it is a labor of love and is worth it.
realty

Wilmington, DE

#4365 Jan 6, 2013
it would have been nice if the mother church sacred heart could have a mass...but it was torn down.....the church that should have been left open because it was before the other two churches
Whats the word

Morrisville, PA

#4366 Jan 7, 2013
The Shrine of St. Theresa at the former OLMC ... nice!
jesus

Palmerton, PA

#4367 Jan 7, 2013
realty wrote:
it would have been nice if the mother church sacred heart could have a mass...but it was torn down.....the church that should have been left open because it was before the other two churches
stop your complaining you heathen!!!! OLMC is the Mother Church all you IRISH and Polish People can go pound sand!!!!!!!
GOD

Meadville, PA

#4368 Jan 7, 2013
jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
stop your complaining you heathen!!!! OLMC is the Mother Church all you IRISH and Polish People can go pound sand!!!!!!!
The pedophile priest from that parish use to pound more than sand
Cliff da Bishop

Northampton, PA

#4369 Jan 12, 2013
Whats going to happen when all of you big mouthed nonothings die off? They will have to tear it down or make a Puerto Rican restaurant out of it.
Zoark

Lehighton, PA

#4370 Apr 21, 2013
Whats the word wrote:
The Shrine of St. Theresa at the former OLMC ... nice!
Also,the air conditioner WORKS
Zoark

Lehighton, PA

#4371 Apr 21, 2013
Zoark wrote:
<quoted text>
Also,the air conditioner WORKS
Therefore there should not be a "looming crises"
cool in the heat

United States

#4372 Apr 24, 2013
Maybe the shrine can be used for Sat nite service... beter than sitting in the heat, crisis solved!!!!!
realty

Lehighton, PA

#4373 Apr 24, 2013
who needs a air conditioner turn on some fans and open the doors
Cliff da Bishop

Northampton, PA

#4374 Jul 6, 2013
Rumour has it that the whole smear will be turned into a Vietnamese Restaurant, that will put Lengyls out of business. It will be called Our Lady of Saigon
New Columbus resident

United States

#4375 Jul 6, 2013
Cliff da Bishop wrote:
Rumour has it that the whole smear will be turned into a Vietnamese Restaurant, that will put Lengyls out of business. It will be called Our Lady of Saigon
Me and my fellow wops are too high class to eat dog meat, unless its chinesse, so the gook restaurant will fail
ST JOHN PAUL GEORGE RINGO

Ashland, PA

#4376 Jul 6, 2013
the dead pope will now a guardian angel for all the molesting priests passing through this area.

amen.
realty

Lehighton, PA

#4377 Jul 6, 2013
talk about people being wimps.....how did people do it 100 hundred years ago.
really

Lehighton, PA

#4378 Jul 6, 2013
realty wrote:
talk about people being wimps.....how did people do it 100 hundred years ago.
It is a simple answer. Before 1970 there were no evening Masses.
All Masses were on Sunday morning!
Yahweh King of the Jews

Meadville, PA

#4379 Jul 6, 2013
God dammit who opened this goddamn thread again
Let the truth shine in

United States

#4380 Jul 6, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a simple answer. Before 1970 there were no evening Masses.
All Masses were on Sunday morning!
The church had to add the the other masses because a lot of the catholics were too drunk sunday morning to go to mass, certianly the irish ones were.
Personally I think they should level the church and use all the stones to build a giant fire pit to save the borough from having to haul all the trash to Pine Grove

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 3 min Grey Ghost 1,126,967
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Judith Feinberg 19,384
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 3 hr The_Box 306,276
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 19 hr Just Saying 54,521
STEVE DeBAUGH (May '12) Wed Steve 2
Baltimore on Orkin Rattiest City List Oct 21 numberonepestcont... 1
Need help to get down! Oct 20 sweetenvy 1
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore Jobs

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]