Nesquehoning church fights to stay open

Parishioners at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Roman Catholic Church in Nesquehoning are fighting the Allentown Diocese's decision to close the church next month -- the first of potentially several appeals to be ... Full Story
NoRiGhTtOJuDgE

Lehighton, PA

#4340 Jul 20, 2012
YOU go through what the people have been put through and see how damn easy it is to forgive. YOU have NO right to use the name you are using as there is only ONE divine being who has the right to judge. That fat ass and his little band of hate mongers plus the fat ass's replacement put the people and town through living hell. The ones who should be asking for forgiveness are the ones who brought all of this upon the people and town.
smilling from ear to ear

United States

#4341 Jul 30, 2012
We are smilling and so happy to see our Church opening again. Little by little it will get better. Did you hear the bells ringing this weekend? So beautiful to hear the music play out from our church on the hill. We pray to have more masses and heal these wounds. Keep praying!
The Pope

Meadville, PA

#4342 Jul 30, 2012
Sonofabitch,even Ima tired of hearing about that Guinea church
GUIDO

Lehighton, PA

#4343 Jul 30, 2012
The Pope wrote:
Sonofabitch,even Ima tired of hearing about that Guinea church
Then staya da hell offa here and you wonta have to hear nuttin.
Saint Joe Paterno

Meadville, PA

#4344 Jul 30, 2012
How many altar boys do you have?
So sad

Novato, CA

#4345 Aug 6, 2012
WOW!?!?!?! And you are all supposed to be such "Holy People". Doesn't seem like you are acting like God would want you to act? Love they neighbor? I think not.
Truth agent

Sparta, NJ

#4346 Aug 8, 2012
Mickey Angst is telling everybody the pope promised him the church will reopen when he resigns from the school board
Dumbo Ears Fan Club

Taylor, PA

#4347 Aug 10, 2012
Truth agent wrote:
Mickey Angst is telling everybody the pope promised him the church will reopen when he resigns from the school board
I heard the pope said he would reopen it to hold Mickey's funeral
I'm sure the pope is one of Mickey's personal friends, just like the mayor of Coaldale and Joe Paterno neither of whom have I heard him mention recently, I wonder why?
smilling from ear to ear

United States

#4348 Dec 4, 2012
Hope the Bishop is coming to annouce something special! The church is ready to have a joyful Christmas celebration.
Reality Check

Sparta, NJ

#4349 Dec 4, 2012
Hey Smiley,

Be sure to take up a second collection ... send both to the Catholic School in Lansford ... you Catlicks in Hollywood owe more than your enclave is worth.
The Pope

Cochranton, PA

#4350 Dec 4, 2012
I'm going to round up all the Italians, ship them to My home country of Germany and shove them in the ovens myself.
smilling from ear to ear

United States

#4351 Dec 5, 2012
Go after the man that didn't pay the bills in the first place. The new man is doing his best to catch up on everything.
smilling from ear to ear

United States

#4352 Dec 5, 2012
The Pope wrote:
I'm going to round up all the Italians, ship them to My home country of Germany and shove them in the ovens myself.
You are an incensitive ASS. It is your kind that will never amount to anything in society.

I am of Italian heritage and proud of it! But what you fail to see is that we are all AMERICAN. If you don't like it, move to another Topix page.
oka

Tremont, PA

#4353 Dec 5, 2012
people should just get over this church nonsense already......it is done and over
Whats the word

Bethlehem, PA

#4354 Dec 5, 2012
It should indeed be a blessed Christmas!
A true German

Lehighton, PA

#4355 Dec 5, 2012
You Gumba's think you rule the world.....I have no use for Italians.
smilling from ear to ear

United States

#4356 Dec 6, 2012
oka wrote:
people should just get over this church nonsense already......it is done and over
It is far from over - stay tuned!
Whats the word

Morrisville, PA

#4357 Dec 6, 2012
Nobody pays attention ... it is over! The Church is being used for special occasions. Fr. Pat is doing a splendid job. Things are happening.
oka

Washington Boro, PA

#4358 Dec 6, 2012
how come they couldn't have left sacred heart open for "special occasions" .... the oldest church that was in town
WhY

Lehighton, PA

#4359 Dec 6, 2012
Won't fat Cliffy stay away and out of Nesquehoning church business ? He lost. His a$$ hole little group lost. Things are happening. Good things. Things could heal and mend but he insists on posting on here to try and stir things up. Yeah, do good priest alright. Do good nothing but make trouble. Let the people alone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 7 min sonicfilter 1,153,600
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 hr Phil Donahue 306,962
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) 22 hr susan 9
Meri chut her waqt geeli kyun rehti hai? Thu Aaria 1
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Wed Raptor in Michigan 120,226
gay in Towson Maryland Wed Kandin 8
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Jim Jones 19,549
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:03 pm PST

NBC Sports 3:03PM