Nesquehoning church fights to stay open

Parishioners at Our Lady of Mount Carmel Roman Catholic Church in Nesquehoning are fighting the Allentown Diocese's decision to close the church next month -- the first of potentially several appeals to be ... Full Story
Interesting

Lehighton, PA

#4319 Jun 8, 2012
Whats the word wrote:
I was just wondering, didn't mean to get people riled up. Fat man is outta sight outta mind, we hope! What about the one that followed him? Rigatony?
Fat man may be out of sight but never out of mind ! Not after what he did to not only the church but the community. Rigatony should rot in hell after he raped the churches and hall. What the fat man and his side kick didn't rip off the Rigatony man did.
smilling from ear to ear

United States

#4320 Jun 28, 2012
I am happy to say that the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church will have a Mass on Monday July 16th at 7pm to celebrate the feast day of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and everyone is welcome. It will be inside the church. One more step to heal old wounds.
FatMan

Northampton, PA

#4321 Jul 3, 2012
smilling from ear to ear wrote:
I am happy to say that the Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Church will have a Mass on Monday July 16th at 7pm to celebrate the feast day of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and everyone is welcome. It will be inside the church. One more step to heal old wounds.
Correction, it will be inside a building that was once a church. I plan on being there with bells on.
i wish

Reading, PA

#4322 Jul 3, 2012
they really should have kept open the mother church
Hmmmm

Lehighton, PA

#4323 Jul 3, 2012
i wish wrote:
they really should have kept open the mother church
AMEN.........
past pastor

Lehighton, PA

#4324 Jul 3, 2012
Get over it.......I closed that Church down for a reason.
Fat Man

Northampton, PA

#4326 Jul 7, 2012
Whats the word wrote:
I was just wondering, didn't mean to get people riled up. Fat man is outta sight outta mind, we hope! What about the one that followed him? Rigatony?
I'll never be out of mind much less out of sight. You can see me at the mass in the former church. It will be good to see some of the stupid people again. And it will be good to be in the building that I shuttered.
Fat Man

Northampton, PA

#4327 Jul 7, 2012
Its no longer a church, Its just a building. GET OVER IT ALREADY!!!
See you at the mass
smilling from ear to ear

Lehighton, PA

#4328 Jul 7, 2012
It is you who need to get over the fact that our CHURCH is open once again. We have prayed long and hard for this miracle to happen. Thank all of you that helped make this happen. I will see everyone at the Mass for everyone is welcome. I'm sure there will be "nay sayers" there but we will pray for them too! Prayer heals all wounds and being a good christian helps heal them faster!
first mass

Andover, NJ

#4329 Jul 7, 2012
It is you who need to get over the fact that our CHURCH is open once again. We have prayed long and hard for this miracle to happen. Thank all of you that helped make this happen. I will see everyone at the Mass for everyone is welcome. I'm sure there will be "nay sayers" there but we will pray for them too! Prayer heals all wounds and being a good christian helps heal them faster!
When is the "first" mass?
Benito Mussolini

Meadville, PA

#4330 Jul 8, 2012
Typical guinea ba$tards it's alla bouta them

Since: Dec 08

New Columbus

#4331 Jul 8, 2012
Typical mean, heartless, unkind people that think this can be ruined by there big mouths. The doors are open and we are home again. We pray all of this bickering will end and we all can just live in peace and harmony! Do not let a few hard A$$es sour the celebration of Our Lady of Mount Carmel on July 16th at 7PM.
Fat Man

Northampton, PA

#4332 Jul 9, 2012
Benito Mussolini wrote:
Typical guinea ba$tards it's alla bouta them
Boy you said a mouthful Benito. Won't those people be surprised when they see me on the altar at that Mass...
Fat Man

Northampton, PA

#4333 Jul 9, 2012
Willie the hub cap wrote:
Typical mean, heartless, unkind people that think this can be ruined by there big mouths. The doors are open and we are home again. We pray all of this bickering will end and we all can just live in peace and harmony! Do not let a few hard A$$es sour the celebration of Our Lady of Mount Carmel on July 16th at 7PM.
Home? Where?
The Pope

Meadville, PA

#4334 Jul 10, 2012
Hey,I just dropped by to ask how many altar boys are you going to have bent over the communion rail.Let me know I might show up.
Just asking

Sparta, NJ

#4335 Jul 11, 2012
Will this one Mass a year get OLMC off the county/school/town tax registers? It would worth checking.
JOE PATERNO BUTT BUDDIES

Pittston, PA

#4336 Jul 13, 2012
The Pope wrote:
Hey,I just dropped by to ask how many altar boys are you going to have bent over the communion rail.Let me know I might show up.
the ghost of joe paterno is also checking out cute boyz
Positive Energy

Lehighton, PA

#4337 Jul 17, 2012
Last night, The feast of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel was celebrated in the church of Her name. What a truly wonderful event. The church was packed from front to back with SRO. The joy was palpable, Father Pat was eloquent, the congregation took delight in singing and responding to prayer. No one could spoil this no matter how some tried. This is, and will remain, a church as set forth by a decree from the Vatican...it must be used as a place of Divine worship.
A truly wonderful experience. Thanks to all who made this possible and to the many who attended. See you all again soon.
bell for sale

Lehighton, PA

#4338 Jul 18, 2012
Kudos positive energy! Have not been on here in a long time.I see nothing has changed with the negative attitude & the lewd & crude remarks of the naysayers.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4339 Jul 18, 2012
Let's stop being nonchristian now. Let's all forgive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min Right 1,127,175
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 9 min Life is Love 306,288
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 5 hr Swedenforever 54,525
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 17 hr True blue 19,387
STEVE DeBAUGH (May '12) Oct 22 Steve 2
Baltimore on Orkin Rattiest City List Oct 21 numberonepestcont... 1
Need help to get down! Oct 20 sweetenvy 1
Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore Jobs

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]