10 free agent who could interest O's

Full story: Baltimore Sun 49
The free agent signing period begins tomorrow and it is expected that the Orioles will be active in the bidding. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
magnew

San Francisco, CA

#42 Nov 14, 2008
ok....

Not a HUGE baseball fan, but really started to follow the O's last year. It would seem to me that pitching is the MAJOR need for this team. Obviously offense is not. Had we had decent pitching we would have won 20 more games? Anyway...i have to think the pitching and a SS are the number one priorities....What am i missing...
Fire Trembley

United States

#43 Nov 14, 2008
Yanks just threw $140M at CC. We'll likely land nothing of value this off-season.
larry g

Ellicott City, MD

#44 Nov 14, 2008
magnew wrote:
ok....
Not a HUGE baseball fan, but really started to follow the O's last year. It would seem to me that pitching is the MAJOR need for this team. Obviously offense is not. Had we had decent pitching we would have won 20 more games? Anyway...i have to think the pitching and a SS are the number one priorities....What am i missing...
nothing , you got it

“Trust, but Verify”

Since: Oct 08

Baltimore, MD

#45 Nov 14, 2008
Emil Brown. Cesar Izturis. Gregg Zaun.

WHOOOOOWHEEEEE

I can't wait 'til next year!
MAKA

Washington, DC

#46 Nov 14, 2008
Not sure why we include Teixeira or Burnett on our wish list. Although it would be nice to have both, we will end up with neither. That does not mean we will not improve our team. It just means that those two are out of our league. Need to be realisitic and continue to upgrade our pitching and overall talent of the team. Not sure I would go after Byrd either. We need more than inning eaters - although it would be an improvement over most on our current staff. Find a couple of players that can make a difference and help us win games. And please, let's lock up out own players - Markakis nd Roberts. We should make very good, competivie offers to both. I know if I was a player I would get tire of the slow, deliberate methods used be the O's. Get it done and move on!

“Baltimore Fan Forever”

Since: Jun 08

Greensboro, NC

#47 Nov 14, 2008
jon dey wrote:
Most of the time I agree with Fire Trembleys assestment about the O's. I should say his dislike for Angelos. Peter is bad for baseball and he's bad for Baltimore. As long as there are lawyers like Angelos there will be lawyer jokes. And there will be Baltimoron jokes. But it's still better than living in Cleveland.
It's football that Fire Trembley is ignorant about.
I saw him getting slammed in some of the political posts too. It's probably best for him to stick with baseball.

I agree will all that Angelos has not been a great owner. But, we, as Orioles fans have no choice in the matter.
Ghost Oriole

Hatboro, PA

#48 Nov 15, 2008
Why did the team lie and promise a "Special Announcement" for the uniform rally?

They announced nothing, and no one seemed to call them out for lying about it.
pablo

Sanford, NC

#49 Nov 15, 2008
i see the experts give the Os no chance to sign anyone but Izturis. This offseason will determine whether I cancel my Directv baseball package and delete my Balt Sun link.
The Mythical One

White Marsh, MD

#50 Nov 17, 2008
I'd have to say that I am not impressed with this list of players.

I think any of us sitting here at home could look at the list of free agents, pick ten, and say, "These are guys that might interest the Orioles."

None of those shortstops mentioned should be considered. They are all over 30, Furcal is coming off of a 1/4 season and back surgery and will want a boatload of money. Renteria and Cabrera are in their mid 30's. Who wants to give them long term contracts?

The logical choice is Cesar Izturis or a trade.

Another pitcher (and I don't think this is a great idea, but a logical one) is Odalis Perez.

There are tons of back up catchers on the market and Zaun isn't the best one. His being related to Rick Dempsey has never brought him back since he left here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min John Galt 1,109,691
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 11 hr Pearl Jam 305,564
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 16 hr WARRIOR 19,207
Baltimore Stands with Israel Tue Zioni 80
snapchat usernames! (Nov '13) Mon pic trade 87
RAY RICE was a BAD BOY, but what about JEREMY H... Sun NFL BLACK THUGS 1
Baltimore Mayor hospitalized Saturday night Sep 14 Bernardo kerman 1
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••