Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

Full story: Hartford Courant

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Comments (Page 373)

Showing posts 7,441 - 7,460 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“dening those who deny nature. ”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yada yada. Conservationists, environmentalists, unions - just your bugaboos and monsters under the bed that keep you from getting enough sleep. If you were lucid, you would recognize that it is the ones who control the capital who control where that capital goes and who it benefits....THEMSELVES. Follow the money.
Yes, they do control where it goes and they want it to grow. Which means that they will send it where it can do that and move it from where it will not.

So when those who decide the rules and how much it will cost to make things decide to make it harder and more expensive those with the capital will invest somewhere else. So when the unions decided that labor should cost more and more will eventiually cause those who invest to take that captial elsewhere where it will not cost so much. When those who pass the laws decide to follow a vain dream and decide that they are going to try and take that capital away to fund those silly things those who have capital will move it out of their reach.

Remember, you can catch more flies with sweet sweet honey than the very bitter stuff that people like you often offer.

Just as I also notice how people like complain it is unfair when those with the capital take thier money and put it somewhere safe out of your reach.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Unions do not decide its the union members that make demands.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Just some of Tina Anne's whacky posts to me:

(1) Tina Anne said Mercury was hotter than Venus -- she ran off after I proved her wrong.

(2) She said it was Venus' atmospheric pressure not its CO2 atmosphere than made Venus extraordinary hot. I showed her there is stronger pressure under Earth's oceans than on Venus -- AND with no warmth from this. She ran off.

(3) She claimed volcanic eruptions should be warming the earth. It is well documented in the science literature it has a cooling effect.

(4) She proclaimed no one took global warming seriously anymore. I showed how virtually all the reputable world renown SCIENCE organizations have strong statements supporting the threat of manmade global warming. Same with all the mainstream science media

She pretended to see only AAAS on the list and sje proclaimed it a lobbying organization. She ignored for example Britain's Royal Society -- knowing her, she probably don't know who they are.

(5) I showed Tina Anne where NASA's official view was pro global warming and provided a link that showed a long list of evidence and asked her to respond: http://climate.nasa.gov/evidence

She wrote me a whacky post on Spencer saying he was from NASA. I showed the paper she gave me on Spencer had such bad errors, that the editor of his journal that published it resigned in disgrace. She ran off.

(6) Tina Anne came back insisting there were OTHER NASA websites that stated global warming was not valid. I challenged her for proof using a website with an official logo from NASA.

She ran off.

She tells me now she is a COMPUTER scientist, and I am supposed to me impressed.

I have a computer degree (among many) myself. None of my computer courses helped me with the science background I use to discuss this topic.

I see her get her source from right wing ideological websites. Her "facts" (see above) are whacked out slogans that are popular on the right wing press.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
Just ignore the troll.
//////////
'phud fetid feces face fiend' flosses:
Big words
//////////
litesong wrote:
The words of 'phud fetid feces face fiend' are.......... copied.
The feelings of 'phud fetid feces face fiend' are small.
The thoughts of 'phud fetid feces face fiend' are non-existent in the copies.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
Wallop10 wrote:
Just ignore the troll.
//////////
'phud fetid feces face fiend' flosses:
Big words
//////////
litesong wrote:
The words of 'phud fetid feces face fiend' are.......... copied.
The feelings of 'phud fetid feces face fiend' are small.
The thoughts of 'phud fetid feces face fiend' are non-existent in the copies.
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Another day of useless cut and paste scientific science fiction from the wallop10 soon to get walloped again.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.
More wasted bandwidth. Once it is used it is gone....
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2013

Judged:

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
More wasted bandwidth. Once it is used it is gone....
So find another hobby that will leave more badwidth for the scientific science fiction babble.

Since: Mar 09

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

PHD wrote:
<quoted text>So find another hobby that will leave more badwidth for the scientific science fiction babble.
Was that a bark or just a yap?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, they do control where it goes and they want it to grow. Which means that they will send it where it can do that and move it from where it will not.
So when those who decide the rules and how much it will cost to make things decide to make it harder and more expensive those with the capital will invest somewhere else. So when the unions decided that labor should cost more and more will eventiually cause those who invest to take that captial elsewhere where it will not cost so much. When those who pass the laws decide to follow a vain dream and decide that they are going to try and take that capital away to fund those silly things those who have capital will move it out of their reach.
Remember, you can catch more flies with sweet sweet honey than the very bitter stuff that people like you often offer.
Just as I also notice how people like complain it is unfair when those with the capital take thier money and put it somewhere safe out of your reach.
Truth is rarely sweet. Perhaps if your "truths" were less palatable to your biases they would more closely resemble facts.
litesong

Lynnwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who "phud fetid feces face fiend" I just passed gas.....[/QUOTE]

...... an unscheduled unguided & out-of-control multi-stage rocket powered by fetid feces has been reported at the NORAD center.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
...... an unscheduled unguided & out-of-control multi-stage rocket powered by fetid feces has been reported at the NORAD center.
And you think topix doesn’t know what you publish? Attacks on me won't delete or erase what you are and what you do. You should stop making an ASSumption of your---self before you know the facts. Do contact topix to satisfy your accusations of the reprint BS your posting of what I said. You are a dumbASSumption of your---self again.

Since: Jan 13

Fairfax, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
to PHD: Was that a bark or just a yap?
I just vote the troll a peanut and move on.
She just repeats the same trash, and it doesn't even make any sense.

She must do that all day long. What does that tell you about this person. No brain in there.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
She must do that all day long. What does that tell you about this person. No brain in there.
I never mentioned my gender ASSumption of your---self.You beg for it so here it is.Walloped, walloped, walloped all day long. How are those walloped tires working for you?

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is rarely sweet. Perhaps if your "truths" were less palatable to your biases they would more closely resemble facts.
True, the truth is normally bitter and ugly which is why so many shy away from it.

As for who is closer to the truth, the fact that you have not considered that the truths are not palatable to your baises and that is the reason that your biases are at odds with teh facts.

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

Wallop10 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, given what PHD has said in the past and based on various word choices the fact is that he is an older male and not female.

As for repeating the same "trash" over and over every day. Have you ever considered that you post as "trash". Many do and you post it every day. One could point to your posts and claim that you have no brain. Of course you do but I doubt you give it much exercise, that you do not try to expand your horizons but instead cling to the familiar. Hence the reason why you assumed what you did in the way that you did it.

Aa far as the judgement icons, just toys for the childish.

“The cow herder of Montenegro”

Since: Jan 10

Loved everywhere

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

If the climate is changing, who knows ?
However, US pollution has not helped much either.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
True, the truth is normally bitter and ugly which is why so many shy away from it.
As for who is closer to the truth, the fact that you have not considered that the truths are not palatable to your baises and that is the reason that your biases are at odds with teh facts.
Would you care to specify where I have evinced a bias regarding climatology? I've only called you out for having a inability to understand basic and fundamental math and science - such as the volume of H2O in the Greenland ice sheet and the hypothetical displacement of that water on land vs. in the oceans.
The truth is neither bitter nor ugly. It is objective. A plant only becomes a weed when it is deemed undesirable. You wish to weed your pretty little garden of the notion that man-made emissions can or have impacted the atmosphere, and sometimes you are taken to task for evincing that bias. That isn't my fault.

Norfolk va

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you care to specify where I have evinced a bias regarding climatology? I've only called you out for having a inability to understand basic and fundamental math and science - such as the volume of H2O in the Greenland ice sheet and the hypothetical displacement of that water on land vs. in the oceans.
The truth is neither bitter nor ugly. It is objective. A plant only becomes a weed when it is deemed undesirable. You wish to weed your pretty little garden of the notion that man-made emissions can or have impacted the atmosphere, and sometimes you are taken to task for evincing that bias. That isn't my fault.
And your claim that I cannot understand basic math and science about things like the volume of water in the Greenland Ice Sheet. Funny thing is I doubt you have ever done the math in how much water is in the Greenland Ice Sheet.

It is also funny how you talking about weeding. When you are guilty of pruning the facts to fit your beliefs. Many of those who are trying to take me to task are only doing so because I am bring up those uncomfortable ugly truths.
PHD

Bertram, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2013

Judged:

tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, given what PHD has said in the past and based on various word choices the fact is that he is an older male and not female.
As for repeating the same "trash" over and over every day. Have you ever considered that you post as "trash". Many do and you post it every day. One could point to your posts and claim that you have no brain. Of course you do but I doubt you give it much exercise, that you do not try to expand your horizons but instead cling to the familiar. Hence the reason why you assumed what you did in the way that you did it.
Aa far as the judgement icons, just toys for the childish.
There you go again making an ASSumption of your---self. One could say based on your various word choices you have less than a K level education. Its not trash its fact they spew scientific science fiction and nothing more.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 7,441 - 7,460 of7,946
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Baltimore Forum right now

Search the Baltimore Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 10 min woodtick57 1,034,731
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 45 min Bitner 303,277
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Kallark27 17,783
Fear of rival gangs detours motorcycle festival (May '08) 20 hr BIG 812 272
New Annapolis mayor struggles in first months o... Sat Oakland Sux 1
Ugly Mug Cafe opens on East Baltimore Street Apr 16 guest 11
In need of loan shark (Aug '12) Apr 16 Michael 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Baltimore Jobs

•••
•••
•••