Scientists say they have proved clima...

Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus...

There are 8137 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 9, 2008, titled Scientists say they have proved climate change is real, now mus.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Scientists studying the changing nature of the Earth's climate say they have completed one crucial task - proving beyond a doubt that global warming is real.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7252 Nov 7, 2012
litesong wrote:
<quoted text>
From the article:
Why Romney lost:
Over in Chicago, the Obama campaign had invited 10,000 to fill the floor of the McCormick Place convention center.
Romney’s election-night event was in a ballroom.....that could accommodate a few hundred. Most men wore jacket and tie; women donned dresses and heels. Secret Service agents blocked reporters from mixing with the Romney supporters as they sipped cocktails and nibbled canapes.
Romney had spent nearly two years, and hundreds of millions of dollars, trying to convince Americans that he wasn’t an out-of-touch millionaire unconcerned about the little people —
Yep. I will remember this election always. Especially the crying women for the loss.
neutral observer

West Palm Beach, FL

#7253 Nov 7, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Right. Guess what? As another poster informed you, man-made global warming is defrosting the frozen beds in tundra etc. Thus unleashing more greenhouse gases <methane> to pollute our atmosphere.
The moral of the story is to curtail man-made emissions of greenhouse gases.
Have you figured out how to stop emitting methane?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7254 Nov 7, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you figured out how to stop emitting [natural] methane?
Have you figured out what I wrote in my previous post as the cause and the solution?

Hint: Reduce the man-made greenhouse gas emissions into our atmosphere.

P.S. You must be referring to the defrosting of the tundra etc.
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7255 Nov 7, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it the Neanderthal's fault for taming fire?
No.

Homo erectus—not Homo sapiens or Neanderthals—became the first hominin to master flames, possibly in order to cook their food.

http://www.history.com/news/human-ancestors-t...
litesong

Everett, WA

#7256 Nov 7, 2012
SpaceBlues wrote:
<quoted text>Yep. I will remember this election always. Especially the crying women for the loss.
Since women voted ~60+% AGAINST whats-his-name(romnesia made me forget romneyhood), you must have very good hearing to hear the few that are shedding crocodile tears.
Richard Kranium

Emmaus, PA

#7257 Nov 8, 2012
neutral observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you figured out how to stop emitting methane?
don't eat beans or greasy food?
SpaceBlues

Houston, TX

#7258 Nov 8, 2012
Richard Kranium wrote:
<quoted text>don't eat beans or greasy food?
Not a problem for all. Only for some people.
dognes

Masontown, PA

#7259 Nov 29, 2012

The year in 4 part or season are Summer.fall.winter,spring Temperature is already predecided on the weather,,,Global Warming is predecided,,wheres the Beef?
litesong

Everett, WA

#7260 Nov 29, 2012
Richard Kranium wrote:
.....don't eat beans or greasy food?
A new diet says to replace corn with black beans.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7261 Nov 30, 2012
The melting ice really really means nothing. My bad make more beech front property. Soon everyone can afford some.

“CO2 is Gaseous Love”

Since: Dec 08

Home, sweet home.

#7262 Nov 30, 2012
Yeah, "Scientists say they have proved climate change is real," real boring!
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7263 Nov 30, 2012
Brian_G wrote:
Yeah, "Scientists say they have proved climate change is real," real boring!
They also proved climate change is not real. Not boring!!

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#7264 Dec 3, 2012
PHD wrote:
The melting ice really really means nothing. My bad make more beech front property. Soon everyone can afford some.
Yep, much of it is melting sea ice. Which will make no difference in sea level. hence the reason why you had the idea of thermal expansion tried.

“Proud Russkie”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7265 Dec 3, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, much of it is melting sea ice. Which will make no difference in sea level. hence the reason why you had the idea of thermal expansion tried.
Yes do-gooder "Global Warming" people forget that ice shrinks when it melts.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7267 Dec 4, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no end to your stupid. You need to go away your scarring the children of the World. You will soon be the blame of record drop outs. The higher education that you boast about is making education a waste of time. My bad you couldn't be stupid that would take some thinking which you lack. See why you are Less than a Box of Rocks?

Norfolk va

#7268 Dec 5, 2012
Og duh Russkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes do-gooder "Global Warming" people forget that ice shrinks when it melts.
Of course they do or ignore it. They also ignore the fact that the floating ice displaces the same amount of water as contained in the ice.

This is where I joined this discussion back in 2006.
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7269 Dec 5, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course they do or ignore it. They also ignore the fact that the floating ice displaces the same amount of water as contained in the ice.
Well now that you paid attention to first grade science class will you continue your education? Please think hard you could be on a rule of factual information.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#7270 Dec 5, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yada yada. Still trying to understand science through religion and politics, Tina? Maybe you should do a Google search on the Greenland ice sheet? Nah, I didn't think so. Never mind.
Don't you have that stack of Harlequin romances to read or something?
PHD

Cibolo, TX

#7271 Dec 5, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yada yada. Still trying to understand science through religion and politics, Tina? Maybe you should do a Google search on the Greenland ice sheet? Nah, I didn't think so. Never mind.
The Less than a Box of Rocks AKA "tina" can't read. It is a product of the one child left behind program.

Norfolk va

#7272 Dec 5, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I did and discovered that when you do the actual math and discovered that if the entire ice sheet was to melt tomarrow that the oceans would only rise a few millimeters at most.

Maybe you should actually spend a little time doing the calculations instead of reading the tittlating propaganda that always seems to predict the end of the world is just around the corner.

Or read a few of those Harlequin romances, I bet you like some of the sex scenes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 12 min Truth is might 314,346
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 15 min VetnorsGate 1,535,233
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 5 hr Justice For All 21,042
News As Confederate Monuments Come Down in 65% Black... (Jan '16) Tue Fitus T Bluster 7
Get To Work May 22 Father Obrien 3
Psycho stalker timonium extended stay May 22 Crazy 1
News Hampden Listed As One Of The Hottest Neighborho... (Feb '16) May 18 Hampden Hon 3

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages