Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her...

Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband

There are 54679 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 9, 2008, titled Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband. In it, Newsday reports that:

First lady Laura Bush acknowledged President Bush 's unpopularity, but said Monday that history will vindicate her husband's two-term presidency.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Zeppelin

Knoxville, TN

#60408 Jun 18, 2014
Grandma Clinton is to old and frail to be President!
George Let The West Down

London, UK

#60410 Jul 3, 2014
GW Bush let the West down when in November 2004, just 2 hours into his re-election, acted on poor quality advice that was anti-Hellenic at heart and anti-Western by nature - Recognized FYRoM as Republic of Macedonia.

Macedonians contributed greatly to Western Culture, Western Civilization and Western Civil Society - FYRoM did not.

Eroding the Western worlds cultural-historical foundations is first step towards destroying Western Civilization as a whole.

The President of the United States of America is supposed to be Chief Protector of West...the Western worlds Guardian - Guarding against
Revisionism and Pseudo-history.

FYRoM pretends to be Macedonia and the Slavs there pretend to be Macedonians...in the Haemus Hellenic sense - Thanks to GW Bush inspired recognition.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#60414 Oct 6, 2014
Any one else wish Saddam was still in power, and we never went into Iraq? Though many were dictators, they held the Middle East in more harmony....less terrorism....
Go Red Forever

Palm Coast, FL

#60415 Oct 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Any one else wish Saddam was still in power, and we never went into Iraq? Though many were dictators, they held the Middle East in more harmony....less terrorism....
Obama is one dictator who has not been able to hold the USA together or the World in more harmony....more terrorism....
Swedenforever

Hyattsville, MD

#60417 Oct 6, 2014
The laughing liberal wrote:
There's no doubt that the War on Terrorism and the Iraq/Afghanistan wars will define this presidency.
Since all domestic terrorist attacks have be thwarted since 9-11, he's succeeded here so far.
Saddam being brought to justice at the end of a rope was great. Obama bin laden's capture or extermination will be a bonus for us.
In 5-10 years from now, Iraq & Afghanistan are functioning on their own with minimal assistance from the US and still allies, Bush will have to be deemed a success.
Yea, right lol!!

“Every day, Improve..”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#60418 Oct 12, 2014
...pulling back our troops prematurely is dangerous for Iraq, the region and America.

Did not vote for you (or anyone else for that sake), but HOW true was this?

Tens of thousands killed and captured, thousands of women raped, millions displaced.
Obama sends a thousand "observers" to Baghdad and ships large part of 101st airborne to Liberia.

Where is the problem the most catastrophic? And could we not use then101st appropriately? I say we train liberals who volunteer to go along with CDC staff, not ordering young soldiers to risk more than they would in battle.

Anyways, no doubt Bush will be vindicated. It is happening as we speak. And Obama still has two laps left. When he is done, he can use his celebrity status to hold 100K speeches between the golf rounds.

“BLM domestic terrorist group”

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#60419 Oct 12, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
NOPE! They made dope deals so they would not in their crosshairs of jihadist. Glad Saddam and his sons are gone just wished it would had happened sooner. The problems we face their now have more to do with, quitting GWOT, removing dictators with NO follow up (Libya), our lack of action during the Arab Spring (Iran), our lack of action in the Syrian Civil War, drawing "Red Lines" then backing away from them when they are crossed (Assad), no presence in Iraq that would contain the Syria Civil War in Syria and keeping a better eye on Nouri al-Maliki's government.(Sunni-Shite issues)
Anonymous1

Napanee, Canada

#60420 Oct 12, 2014
buyerbeware wrote:
<quoted text>
I am constantly amazed at how much the "talking heads" influence people's opinions. It's as if they lack any incentive to really delve into what this whole Mideast situation means to the world. As for those who sleep safely at night, who travel without fear of exploding in midair, thisnation has not had another terrorist attack since that horrific day in September 2001. Bin Laden no longer wields the power he once had - the Muslim world is turning against the fanatics in its midst, and contrary to all Obama reports Iraq is steadily improving. History will vindicate George Bush.
No this link is for anyone to see reality in graphic Timeline compilation of failure in war on terror by Fat fish whoever they are, from average Joe point of view missing for last 25 years.
Http://www.siasat.pk/forum/showthread.php... .
Swedenforever

Warwick, RI

#60421 Oct 12, 2014
jamie wrote:
When the US economy and foreign affairs are in total ruin and Russia cand China Dominate world affairs because of the neglect of the american needs and obsession on war and domination ot the middle east oil and protecting Israel, Bush will be forgoten if that in vendication then she is right
Awesome post!
Swedenforever

Warwick, RI

#60422 Oct 12, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
In short yes I do
Beaver Hat

Shreveport, LA

#60423 Oct 13, 2014
The Obama administration has made it clear that Bush was a better president, so in a sense, history has already vindicated Bush so Mrs. Bush was correct.

“Every day, Improve..”

Location hidden

#60424 Oct 13, 2014
BHO must be W's legacy build manager. You're looking better and better every day George. Didn't vote for you, but what a contrast to now!!!

And we still got two more years with this guy.

“Every day, Improve..”

Location hidden

#60426 Oct 14, 2014
Anonymous1

Napanee, Canada

#60427 Oct 14, 2014
Swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>
In short yes I do
Me too ! I wish Saddam was back in power being said that. I am from mid east but not from Iraq. The way I see it, its bad for Muslims but its getting horrific worse to hopeless economic development for the average American if it was NOT for Patriot act? To keep a few more days in office on expenses of average American.
grave digger

Kimberling City, MO

#60428 Oct 14, 2014
Anonymous1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Me too ! I wish Saddam was back in power being said that. I am from mid east but not from Iraq. The way I see it, its bad for Muslims but its getting horrific worse to hopeless economic development for the average American if it was NOT for Patriot act? To keep a few more days in office on expenses of average American.
sounds just like what a sand monkey would say,,,support a brutal dictator that murderd hundreds of thousands of people,,,do you wish hitler was around today also?,,,and mrs bush puts mrs obama to shame as a first lady,,,and in the last 6 yrs,,,people today are wishing bush was president and not obama,,,heard obama is going after canada next,,,says canada doesnt need that much land and sinse america is its protector,,,america can use the extra land,,,sorry canada,,,
Swedenforever

Silver Spring, MD

#60430 Oct 15, 2014
The NSA is Big Brother eyeglasses, as was the Reich Stag
Swedenforever

Silver Spring, MD

#60432 Oct 16, 2014
Beaver Hat wrote:
The Obama administration has made it clear that Bush was a better president, so in a sense, history has already vindicated Bush so Mrs. Bush was correct.
The biggest National Security Breach since Pearl Harbor was Sept. 911 and I never said it was an Inside Job but Planes going from DC to New York, where's your air force
Swedenforever

Silver Spring, MD

#60433 Oct 16, 2014
What missiles dude??
grave digger

Ava, MO

#60434 Oct 16, 2014
Swedenforever wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest National Security Breach since Pearl Harbor was Sept. 911 and I never said it was an Inside Job but Planes going from DC to New York, where's your air force
no,,,the biggest national security breach since pearl harbor was the lefty liberals taking over power in washington when obama took office,,,and look at america now,,,look at the world now,,,they found weapons of mass destruction sadam hussien had and the stories of sadam the butcher hauling them into syria to hide them are true,,,new reports are coming out on this,,,from military persons who were told not to say a word back then,,,but can talk now,,,

“Every day, Improve..”

Location hidden

#60436 Oct 19, 2014
Ebama needs to close the borders. Maybe if the approval rating drops more, I am sure he will backpedal.

Heck Carter is like Alexander the Great compared to BHO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 8 min FYVM 1,403,381
News Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 8 hr zef 311,487
boycott the usps 9 hr JOHNNY LENNON 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 19 hr OMTE 20,386
News Is Illinois couple's murder tied to bankruptcy ... (Oct '08) Sun TheGambler 12
News Two men shot, one fatally, inside suspected dru... Sun bozo 1
News Stateville gets new lease on life as Pontiac pr... (May '08) Sat sad mommy 50

Baltimore Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Baltimore Mortgages