Top tool executive aims at ex-bosses

Full story: Baltimore Sun 30
Galli sees justice in return to top as tool maker Joseph Galli Jr. swears he does not "wake up in the morning, thinking I have to kill Black & Decker." But he does call it "poetic justice" that he is about to ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Trish Scott

Towson, MD

#1 Dec 27, 2007
This article makes this man look really bad. He sounds like a 12-year old in school who got his lunch money stolen. If I were the heads of TTI, I certainly would not want to hire this man for any position. He sounds like he is a bridge-burner. I feel very sorry for him. He is a very bitter man. I can't believe he would write such stuff and make himself look this bad.
FROSTY

United States

#2 Dec 27, 2007
Joe has not changed. He is as arrogant and so full of himself as the day that he was fired from Black & Decker/DeWalt. Did he also say in the article that most of the other companies he worked for left him go?
Nottingham Nick

Towson, MD

#3 Dec 28, 2007
Joe's statement regarding colleagues joining him because of the way he was treated at B&D shows everyone that his ego is now starting to eat him. He is a smart tough salesman but as a manager fogettaboutit. If you do not believe me ask Amazon, Newell Rubbermaid and other recent employers.
former BD employee

Washington, DC

#4 Dec 30, 2007
He was fired because he tried to oust the C.E.O.
I heard he was a nut case when I worked for B&D.
Rumor has it that he fired someone for messing up his bed on the corporate jet. He also got pissed off while at the airport and told the counter worker "Do you know who I am? I'm Joe Gali and that's my plane on the runway".
It's gonna be interesting to see what he does for revenge. I think he would drive TTI to the ground to get back at B&D.
MR Tool Guy

Towson, MD

#5 Dec 31, 2007
Can someone please calrify the statement in this article that he grew Rubbermaid sales from $80M to $1B in 4 years - absolutely incorrect information
Texas Tool Man

Towson, MD

#7 Jan 2, 2008
Joe's statement "People left B&D because the way I was treated" is wrong. He came after B&D people with unbeliveable money offers. It's sad that some took the bate. However, there are still plenty of us ready to take on who ever comes after us.
Gremlin

Towson, MD

#8 Jan 2, 2008
90% of B&D people hated the guy. He is an egomaniac and treats people underneath him with little regard. Follow him or get out of the way. He was also driven from Rubbermaid for making poor decisions - his blind arrogance and desire to propel harm at B&D will lead to irrational choices. Should be a fun duel to watch either way.
Another ex-BDer

Cockeysville, MD

#9 Jan 2, 2008
I was with DeWalt when Joe was there too...he takes credit for all things DeWalt when the truth is he was just lucky, in the right place at the right time. When the time came to pick a color for the new pro tools being launched under the DeWalt brand, he wanted green...now he'll tell you that yellow was his idea. The only way you moved up in that organization was if you were one of "Joe's boys", or if you were a good looking young female. B&D is a much stronger and better-run organization now that Galli and his flunkies have gone.
TTI Rep

Keswick, Canada

#10 Jan 3, 2008
Proud to be part of such an energized team that has the same goals throughout. The things going on at TTI are amazing and I am so excited to be part of a company that shows such strength and solidarity. TO TTI, GO TEAM GO!!
Moobs

Bensenville, IL

#11 Jan 4, 2008
i like soda
Paisano

Apex, NC

#12 Jan 4, 2008
TTI deserves what they get with Joe Galli - he rode many a wave and crushed anything in his way. However; everything in life eventually finds a way to balance itself and it sounds like Galli's ego is finally destroying him. He sounds so sophomoric in that interview! I think he is coming unglued!
GUF

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Jan 5, 2008
Hell yeah, Moobs!
Low Man on Totem Pole

Greenville, SC

#14 Jan 11, 2008
Way to use all the buzzwords, TTI Rep. You'll be one of "Joe's Boys" in no time!
Former BandD

United States

#15 Jan 16, 2008
I loved the article. It shows how insane Joe is. I also know that during his time at B&D the entire economy was on a 7 year up cycle. Everyone was doing well. But to take credit for the work of so many others just shows you the level of integrity that barely exists in the man they call Galli. By the way, any basic business leadership class will tell you that employees leave managers, not companies.
Robert Smith

Westminster, MD

#16 Jan 16, 2008
Great article.
seattle

Tacoma, WA

#17 Jan 29, 2008
i worked at rubbermaid when joe g was there. he turned the company upside down , He would talk about raising the bar all the time he bruried it . while he was firing people , he was asking for a raise and got one . DOUBLE Standards!swarm teams he talks about look good on paper , but the young hires want to be promoted beyond there years, joe fires reps with experence to promate them. I received a seperation letter with the wrong name on the bottom ,it was a form letter. The young female reps were uncofortable around him and would use the term "were them low for Joe" Jooe is not CEO materal he surronds himself with yes people who are afraid to give there opionion. he ruined many a good career for good people just doing there job . It was a company first job and that was it , while he flew around doing useless store walk , getting his rear kissed . he is one in a million TTI will be SORRY ust like to companys before
gus galli

Piscataway, NJ

#18 Feb 14, 2008
people please ,if you dont have anything nice to say about this man, please keep it to yourself.
Marty

Fort George G Meade, MD

#19 Feb 21, 2008
Joe was great when I worked for DeWalt. He was a great investor in innovation and understood the dollars needed to develop innovative products. This is truly rare for a CEO. I have seen companies who want to innovate, but they don't even want to invest in any kind of capital. He goes above and beyond simply to understand product development. Screw all you bitter fags and stop bashing him...
former TTI-er

Erie, PA

#20 Mar 25, 2008
Joe is an unbelievable egomaniac. He's currently running the Hoover and Dirt Devil brands into the ground and certainly will start negatively impacting the tool business shortly. His approach to employees is offensive and tyranical. I have NOTHING positive to say about this man. He makes bad business investments to benefit his ego, while bringing in a leadership team that is largely too inexperienced to run an organization at this level. For every manager or below that is terminated, two vice presidents are hired. I wish the rest of TTI nothing but the best. There are still good people there who deserve better. I don't wish ANYTHING good for Galli.
seattle

Tacoma, WA

#21 Apr 20, 2008
former ttie_er you are right on. I worked for rubbermaid while joe and his boys ran it into the ground and then left. people who now are at tti, joe will talk about rainsing the bar that can't be reached all awhile he was getting a raise. Big double standards. Rick kern was the biggest yes man I have ever seen. At what Point do you quit being a man and just running behind soeone picking up there droppings. All galli wanted was his ass kissed his ego was unreal. good luck tti you are going to need it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baltimore Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands Protest Roe V. Wade Decision (Jan '08) 1 min John-K 306,592
Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min DEM1680stretchpan... 1,143,734
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 min Chuck 19,480
Officer 'fighting for his life' after pursuit p... 22 hr gollywog 1
Gray's Inn Square Barristers Chambers London Co... Mon Stuart Furness 1
Va. town haunted by cougar sightings out to pro... (Sep '08) Mon bulk 2
Stop Maryland's season of cruelty: fall bow hun... (Sep '07) Nov 21 peteoo 120,219

Winter Storm Warning for Baltimore County was issued at November 26 at 7:43AM EST

Baltimore Dating
Find my Match

Baltimore People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Baltimore News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Baltimore

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:42 pm PST

NFL 8:42PM
Redskins will start Colt McCoy over RGIII on Sunday