Pushing Oahu's odometer outer limits - Hawaii Business

Here are Oahu's top cars as far as pushing the odometer limits go. We invited you to tell us about your car in the June 1 "Here's the Deal" column, called "Odometer Outer Limits," and you responded. Full Story
all

Kailua Kona, HI

#1 Aug 12, 2009
Are you guys telling me the whole story? Have you ever overhauled the whole AC system or transmission, replaced the mufflers, re-upholstered the interior and replace foam cushioning, replace gaskets, thermostats, or ball joints, fix dents, repaint the car, or stalled on the freeway??? Your stories are way too perfect.
pgkemp

Honolulu, HI

#2 Aug 12, 2009
all wrote:
Are you guys telling me the whole story? Have you ever overhauled the whole AC system or transmission, replaced the mufflers, re-upholstered the interior and replace foam cushioning, replace gaskets, thermostats, or ball joints, fix dents, repaint the car, or stalled on the freeway??? Your stories are way too perfect.
kinda funny, but if i recall, not one of these cars so far was strictly driven here on the islands?? cuz, no way, one could have a car that long over here with all the salt water, and stuff...oh well.........
Driver

Honolulu, HI

#3 Aug 13, 2009
Cars driven outside the island should be ineligible for the mileage stories here. There's countless cars on the mainland that take on 100k in just a couple years. It's just very different story when you can average 75mph in little to no traffic day after day vs the gridlocked situation on Oahu.
Russ Roberts

Honolulu, HI

#4 Aug 13, 2009
My 1996 Toyota Tercel has 254,000 miles
on the odometer. The car is used for a
daily commute from Laupahoehoe to Hilo
where I work as the news director for
KKBG-FM. I average around 20,000 miles
a year. I change the oil every 3,000 miles and maintain a regular transmission and brake replacement schedule. The car's body will wear out
before the engine does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Volvo 850 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1996, 850, 125,000 miles (Aug '09) Aug '09 Tom 1
850, not starting, (Mar '09) Mar '09 ahats 1
850 door locks (Jan '09) Jan '09 Al volvo 1
Gas flap repair (Aug '07) Aug '07 rbuchanan_2 3
More from around the web