Toyota Camry Become The Most 'America...

Toyota Camry Become The Most 'American' Car In The US

There are 37 comments on the AutoSpies story from Jul 2, 2012, titled Toyota Camry Become The Most 'American' Car In The US. In it, AutoSpies reports that:

While this is the fourth consecutive year the Camry has held the top spot, the Ford F-150's return to the list resulted in the narrowest gap between first and second in the index's history.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at AutoSpies.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#22 Jul 7, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure exactly what it is you posted, but the fact remains that the shareholders of a corporation wind up with the profits. Therefore, one would be incorrect if he were to state, "the profits go back to Japan, etc". The shareholders could be anybody. They could be in Japan or they could be in your grandmother's retirement portfolio.
What I posted was a list of Toyotaís top ten shareholders with their addresses, in order starting from the largest shareholder (Toyota) to the smallest (Toyota Industries Corporation). Nestled at the bottom is the American holder.

With that said I will again post the following.

Every American that buys a vehicle from any automaker other than an American automaker will unavoidably result in money leaving the US economy. Prove that statement wrong.
Proud Canadian

Windsor, Canada

#23 Jul 7, 2012
JJFADS wrote:
<quoted text>What I posted was a list of Toyotaís top ten shareholders with their addresses, in order starting from the largest shareholder (Toyota) to the smallest (Toyota Industries Corporation). Nestled at the bottom is the American holder.
With that said I will again post the following.
Every American that buys a vehicle from any automaker other than an American automaker will unavoidably result in money leaving the US economy. Prove that statement wrong.
That statement isn't wrong.
But it is misleading, because without context it implies that all profits leave the country.
Implying this is not true.
As a matter of fact, nobody said it was wrong.
All that's been said is that "only part of the profits leave the country".
And this is true.
It simply puts your inference in context.
Furthermore, you also implied that Toyotya was "A corporate interloper funnelling money out of the states".
There's some truth to that too, but again, without context it's misleading.
That same tax loophole exploitation you attach to Toyota is enjoyed by US companys funnelling their profits out of country to offshore tax havens.
So, if you choose to use what Toyota does in such a negative context--it's only fair to point out that companies in your own country do exactly the same thing.
Therefor it could also be said they too are "Corporate interlopers funneling money out of the states".
And I got my top 10 shareholders (world wide) from two reputable sources, Bloomberg and The Corporate Register.
Somehow there's a discrepancy between yours and mine---is yours current?
Or is it merely "top 10 shareholders in Japan?"

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#24 Jul 8, 2012
My intention was to simply point out when an individual purchases a foreign product, some profits ďdoĒ leave the country, thatís it. The same would apply to any company outside its shore. If I purchase a Canadian product in Texas, that helps the Canadian company, no difference. Many people donít realize this and that is unfortunate. In my opinion these are the ďstupidĒ people. Now donít get me wrong, itís ultimately their choice. Itís the individual that unknowingly makes a purchase decision because they know no better. Possibly they see an article that says the most American car is a Camry and itís made in the US ergo the money stays here. The core issue for me is two fold, one, the Camry is not the most American car and since itís built here, that does not mean the money stays here. At any rate-

As for the Tax Havens, from my understanding, are multinational companies involved in operation offshore i.e. US company X operates in England and funnels their profits to Cayman to avoid the US taxing that money, of which is the highest corporate tax rate in the world. In my opinion, this is understandable especially when you look at the minimal tax we put on the currency leaving our country. Why force a company (that we probably already forced offshore to remain competitive) to re-tax their profit if bringing it back home? Fair to say, those are tax issues, which are not my specialty. From mu understanding, if this practice were happening in the US borders, the IRS would be at your front door with an FBI escort to confiscate many boxes and shut you down in a NY minute.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#25 Jul 8, 2012
Forgot Ė
The shareholder information came from Toyota Global / Investors site. There you can also study their annual reporting. If you like this sort of thing itís interesting to compare it against GM and Ford. Fun stuff-
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#26 Jul 8, 2012
JJFADS wrote:
Forgot Ė
The shareholder information came from Toyota Global / Investors site. There you can also study their annual reporting. If you like this sort of thing itís interesting to compare it against GM and Ford. Fun stuff-
Wifey says:
For those who don't know:
Toyota is a Global Market mover...

where as Gov Motors only exists for the reelection purposes of certain so-called social/dems.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#27 Jul 8, 2012
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
For those who don't know:
Toyota is a Global Market mover...

where as Gov Motors only exists for the reelection purposes of certain so-called social/dems.

Too Funny.
Yes that's very true...

and let's not forget the 25,400 new Fed Workers who just received a 14% over the board pay increase...

and the fleet sales of cars and trucks they all need to drive that called for the 33% sales increase for the domestic as it was operating in the red all summer until then...

and they were all Gov Motors.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#28 Jul 8, 2012
Pete wrote:
Yes that's very true...

and let's not forget the 25,400 new Fed Workers who just received a 14% over the board pay increase...

and the fleet sales of cars and trucks they all need to drive that called for the 33% sales increase for the domestic as it was operating in the red all summer until then...

and they were all Gov Motors.

Too Funny.
Wifey says"
I like how you put that...

it must have been said somewhere before...

"I like this sort of thing itís interesting to compare it against GM and Ford. Fun stuff- ".

Too Funny.
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#29 Jul 9, 2012
Hey Pete.....say hi to Pete for me.
WTFwiththat

Pittsburgh, PA

#30 Jul 9, 2012
Amazing what Toyota can do with a pig and Lipstick.
WTFwiththat

Pittsburgh, PA

#31 Jul 9, 2012
91XLH wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, not man enough to admit when your wrong?
I guess he isn't.

another whoosie like you. lol
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#32 Jul 9, 2012
Global slowdown?

Who gives a chit what that social/dem for a president thinks...

let the domestics go bankrupt like they were meant to do...

it's a good thing for the consumer when the prices are lower.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#33 Jul 9, 2012
WTFwiththat wrote:
Amazing what Toyota can do with a pig and Lipstick.
Wifey says:
It's also amazing what that communist party uaw can do with someone elses' money...

until it runs out that is.

Too Funny.
WTFwitthat

Pittsburgh, PA

#34 Jul 17, 2012
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Wifey says:
It's also amazing what that communist party uaw can do with someone elses' money...
until it runs out that is.
Too Funny.
Way to go Peter:

Another example of Small Things Amuse Small Minds!
lol
e47M3 e60M5

UK

#35 Aug 3, 2012
I love this...:) Who says America does not have a thriving car industry? It does... just not in Detroit :)
e47M3 e60M5

UK

#36 Aug 3, 2012
WTFwiththat wrote:
At least Ford keeps it money here in the states. Not like Toyota which sends the profit back to Japan.
That would be wrong. Do you think Ford does only buys parts and materials from American suppliers, only builds cars in America, and their CEO and the board stand up in attention every morning, hand over their hearts, playing the Star Spangled Banner, like loyal Americans? Do you think Ford does not pay dividends on their stock to non-American investors? Think and do not repeat what you hear on Fox News.
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#37 Aug 3, 2012
e47M3 e60M5 wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be wrong. Do you think Ford does only buys parts and materials from American suppliers, only builds cars in America, and their CEO and the board stand up in attention every morning, hand over their hearts, playing the Star Spangled Banner, like loyal Americans? Do you think Ford does not pay dividends on their stock to non-American investors? Think and do not repeat what you hear on Fox News.
You're correct. This dead horse has been beaten to death on here so many times........
e46M3 e60M5

UK

#38 Aug 13, 2012
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
You're correct. This dead horse has been beaten to death on here so many times........
Thank you :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Truck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bronc-No! Possible 2020 Ford Bronco Mule Spied ... Aug 23 cmarrtyy 1
News New Transwest facility big-bold- beautiful Jul '17 Timberlake 1
News You Don't Have to Wait for Tesla to Get Your El... May '17 Solarman 1
News Full-size diesel pickup truck that gets 37 mpg?... (Jan '17) Jan '17 wip 1
Cheap Kitchens For Sale Liverpool (Jan '17) Jan '17 satukoma 1
News Oklahoma woman says road rage incident ended wi... (Dec '16) Jan '17 Unknown 2
News The New Ford Bronco Will Be a Ranger-Based Four... (Jan '17) Jan '17 marrtyy 1
More from around the web