Driver cited for obscene bumper sticker

Driver cited for obscene bumper sticker

There are 272 comments on the Herald-Citizen story from Nov 11, 2011, titled Driver cited for obscene bumper sticker. In it, Herald-Citizen reports that:

The "f word" on a vehicle bumper sticker may cost the driver, a Cookeville teen, $150 in Cookeville city court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald-Citizen.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
an americian

Cookeville, TN

#1 Nov 11, 2011
you got to be kidding is that what cops do in this town thats pathic

Since: Aug 11

Crossville, TN

#2 Nov 11, 2011
wow i wonder what they would do to me for mine this is crazy our tax dollars paying for this type of traffic stop
Too Funny

Santa Barbara, CA

#3 Nov 11, 2011
Mine talks bad about Obama. I guess that's jail time for me.

Crossville, TN

#4 Nov 11, 2011
mine talks about 911 infowars and i have a dont tread on me sticker and plate on the front
dowat

Cookeville, TN

#5 Nov 11, 2011
An opinionated bumper sticker is different than one that is just blatantly inappropriate. I agree with the cop's actions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Parent

Clemmons, NC

#6 Nov 11, 2011
If they are going to ticket for that, then they need to ticket those trucks that have nut sacks hanging from the hitch. I think it's offensive to sit in traffic and see testicles.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#7 Nov 11, 2011
The bumper sticker was obscene and broke the law, end of discussion. Quit trying to make it into something it isn't. There are ways to voice an opinion that don't involve using language that might be offensive or hurtful to others. I cuss like a sailor but I'm not going to plaster my vehicle with it. It's called being considerate.
dowat

Cookeville, TN

#8 Nov 11, 2011
Parent wrote:
If they are going to ticket for that, then they need to ticket those trucks that have nut sacks hanging from the hitch. I think it's offensive to sit in traffic and see testicles.
Um...those are illegal. My brother was fined for having a set on his truck last year.

Crossville, TN

#9 Nov 11, 2011
i dont give a crap if the bumper sticker was obscene or not we have a FIRST AMMENDMENT RIGHT TO VOICE WHAT WE WANT even if it has a curse word in it

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
an americian

Cookeville, TN

#10 Nov 11, 2011
dowat wrote:
An opinionated bumper sticker is different than one that is just blatantly inappropriate. I agree with the cop's actions.
the bumper sticker said f to terroism was the cop a terrorist and having a brain fart
an americian

Cookeville, TN

#12 Nov 11, 2011
I find the confederate flag ofensive because it stood for slavery and other things that cop was pathic

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Crossville, TN

#13 Nov 11, 2011
an americian wrote:
I find the confederate flag ofensive because it stood for slavery and other things that cop was pathic
the Confederate Flag did not stand for slavery get your facts right before you post something like that. do your research you will find out the real meaning behind the Confederate Flag. I'm so sick of hearing that it stood for that.

http://answers.yourdictionary.com/history/US-...
an americian

Cookeville, TN

#14 Nov 11, 2011
just talked to a friend in the legal field he said he smells a counter suit aganist cookevilles non finest no way he pays that ticket
an americian

Cookeville, TN

#15 Nov 11, 2011
what were the confedrates fighting for not to keep blacks in chains o yes im wrong wake up it was the symbol of there plight
URANIDIOT

Cookeville, TN

#17 Nov 11, 2011
heaton646 wrote:
i dont give a crap if the bumper sticker was obscene or not we have a FIRST AMMENDMENT RIGHT TO VOICE WHAT WE WANT even if it has a curse word in it
The Supreme Court has never interpreted freedom of speech to include obscenity. Ever.
URANIDIOT

Cookeville, TN

#18 Nov 11, 2011
an americian wrote:
just talked to a friend in the legal field he said he smells a counter suit aganist cookevilles non finest no way he pays that ticket
You can sue anybody. I could sue my neighbor for being ugly. Doesn't mean you're going to win.

Crossville, TN

#19 Nov 11, 2011
an americian wrote:
what were the confedrates fighting for not to keep blacks in chains o yes im wrong wake up it was the symbol of there plight
the civil war was about slavery and money but the flag stood for the southern states that were in the war do your research you'll find the real truth behind the war
an americian

Cookeville, TN

#20 Nov 11, 2011
URANIDIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
You can sue anybody. I could sue my neighbor for being ugly. Doesn't mean you're going to win.
don't have to win as long as they know your in the game and not just taking their crap
an americian

Cookeville, TN

#21 Nov 11, 2011
i did the research yes it stood for southern states and SLAVERY stop reading what you want to see it was both just the facts
too funny

Sparta, TN

#22 Nov 11, 2011
URANIDIOT wrote:
<quoted text>
The Supreme Court has never interpreted freedom of speech to include obscenity. Ever.
Was it excluded?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Truck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GM Avoids Recall of 2 Million Trucks for Corrod... Apr '15 kevin 1
News Why This Detroit Automaker Disappointed With It... Apr '15 billyday 1
News Ford Shares Offer Income, Growth, And Value Mar '15 ray 1
News Ford tops GM in U.S. factory jobs Mar '15 fordNperception 2
News GM to Boost GMC Truck Brand's U.S. Market Share Mar '15 John Jeffery 2
News Used Mazda Truck Engines Now Included in Compac... (Oct '14) Feb '15 Eugene Dean 2
News 7 vehicles that wowed Detroit auto show Jan '15 R Prior 2
More from around the web