Ford Debuts the New Mustang in the Philippines

There are 20 comments on the Jul 18, 2012, CanadianDriver story titled Ford Debuts the New Mustang in the Philippines. In it, CanadianDriver reports that:

MANILA, Philippines, - The new Ford Mustang today made its much anticipated debut in the Philippines at a festive launch event in Manila, with Ford announcing official market pricing for the company's iconic sports car.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CanadianDriver.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
morons united

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jul 19, 2012
It probably cost an arm and a leg more in PH than the pricing in the US. No thanks.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#2 Jul 19, 2012
...Still have a 70 fastback, sleeping in the garage.....the new one, looks like it only smaller.....but, i love my Honda....still, part of me says, f*ck gas prices, you only live once...lol...
ofgs

San Juan, Philippines

#3 Jul 19, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
...Still have a 70 fastback, sleeping in the garage.....the new one, looks like it only smaller.....but, i love my Honda....still, part of me says, f*ck gas prices, you only live once...lol...
its true blue.. you only live once.. get her out and let her run.

wish i had my magnum here. all 500hp and fcuk gas prices. couldnt drive it that far anyway :)
morons united

Saint Paul, MN

#4 Jul 19, 2012
It cost about $65,000.00 plus, it seems like we are losing more than half the value of our dollar when we buy am car in ther philippines. What happens to the low cost of living in PH?
morons united

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Jul 21, 2012
No not 65,000. It would set you back more than a $100,000.00 at the dealer. Some people must be very rich to afford it.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#6 Jul 22, 2012
morons united wrote:
No not 65,000. It would set you back more than a $100,000.00 at the dealer. Some people must be very rich to afford it.
WE have a lot of clothing and other goods from Philippines, sold here in US.....wonder if, they are carrying tariffs of four times, their true price, like the mustangs?
morons united

Saint Paul, MN

#7 Jul 22, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>WE have a lot of clothing and other goods from Philippines, sold here in US.....wonder if, they are carrying tariffs of four times, their true price, like the mustangs?
About 100% tariff makes the price jump at 60 grands, the rerst goes to administrastive expenses and profit margin.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#8 Jul 22, 2012
morons united wrote:
<quoted text>About 100% tariff makes the price jump at 60 grands, the rerst goes to administrastive expenses and profit margin.
Must also be collusion, on the part of the Ford dealers.....that would never be allowed here, we have rules and laws....greedy and shortsighted, in that it precludes additional sales....
morons united

Saint Paul, MN

#9 Jul 22, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> Must also be collusion, on the part of the Ford dealers.....that would never be allowed here, we have rules and laws....greedy and shortsighted, in that it precludes additional sales....
That always has been the ways philippines has been conducting their business. I could buy a decent used mustang for 20 grands. It's pretty good car to driver I had a 68 brand new mustang although it was a lemon and the paint faded when I got rid of it 3 years after at 75,000 miles, but they must have improved by now I don't see cars stalled on the roads anymore.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#10 Jul 22, 2012
morons united wrote:
<quoted text> That always has been the ways philippines has been conducting their business. I could buy a decent used mustang for 20 grands. It's pretty good car to driver I had a 68 brand new mustang although it was a lemon and the paint faded when I got rid of it 3 years after at 75,000 miles, but they must have improved by now I don't see cars stalled on the roads anymore.
Our family there have a couple large SUV's for everyone.....i might have a small motorcycle, if i lived there....
Pinay-Americana

San Jose, CA

#11 Jul 22, 2012
morons united wrote:
<quoted text> That always has been the ways philippines has been conducting their business. I could buy a decent used mustang for 20 grands. It's pretty good car to driver I had a 68 brand new mustang although it was a lemon and the paint faded when I got rid of it 3 years after at 75,000 miles, but they must have improved by now I don't see cars stalled on the roads anymore.
You couldn't even afford a used mustang as you are a shitcleaner for toilets part-time.
uthemorons united

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Jul 22, 2012
Pinay-Americana wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't even afford a used mustang as you are a shitcleaner for toilets part-time.
LOL! I probably gert fire in a week if I got a janitorial job luckily I never flipped a hamburger either I could get fired easily too on that kindf of job. pinay merican ingrate bitch.

Since: Apr 12

Location hidden

#13 Jul 22, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>Our family there have a couple large SUV's for everyone.....i might have a small motorcycle, if i lived there....
Being an American on a small motorcycle can be splattered on some auto hood and also be blamed for it. Also be pulled over for being white because they can get "ticket money' to pay their sari sari store bill.
Martin Nuke

Makati, Philippines

#14 Jul 22, 2012
Car industry is not a profitable business in the Philippines anyway because only the elite are the ones buying exotic cars the Philippines has a motorcycle culture.
61 Percent Idiot Beater

Rosedale, MD

#15 Jul 22, 2012
Go Blue wrote:
Reminded me of the song 'Red Barchetta' by Rush.

Link has the lyrics and recorded live in Frankfurt video footage of the band playing the song.
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#17 Jul 23, 2012
61 Percent Idiot Beater wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminded me of the song 'Red Barchetta' by Rush.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =B0xZBRsLNiMXX
Link has the lyrics and recorded live in Frankfurt video footage of the band playing the song.
...LOL...Curiously, my Mustang's theme music would all be Steely Dan or CSNY....as those are all the tunes i had driving it up to Michigan from Florida, when i bought it.....possibly Steely Dan's Aja or Neil Young's Old Man....lol....BTW, been to Frankfurt several times, absolutely loved it.....

Location hidden

#18 Jul 24, 2012
Martin Nuke wrote:
Car industry is not a profitable business in the Philippines anyway because only the elite are the ones buying exotic cars the Philippines has a motorcycle culture.
Lot of these Moped Morons have no brain of respect zipping between cars and using sidewalks. Any of these mopeds even get made in the PI ?

Was walking on sidewalk and some idiot hit me with his moped.
Seen another moped accident thinking a girl was on the bike so I ran over to see if she was ok. Finding out she wasn't on the bike and ok, I didn't care about the jerk zipping around traffic.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 24, 2012
I had a 65' Mustang with 200 ci motor that got good gas milage. Don't know what went wrong with Americans, Carter told them need to change their ways, but still built bigger cars.
Can't go wrong with a small truck in the PI, can always pick up some gas money to haul stuff for neighbors:

http://www.chevy.com.ph/newsrelease/features/...
Go Blue

Miami, FL

#20 Jul 24, 2012
Wang Dang wrote:
I had a 65' Mustang with 200 ci motor that got good gas milage. Don't know what went wrong with Americans, Carter told them need to change their ways, but still built bigger cars.
Can't go wrong with a small truck in the PI, can always pick up some gas money to haul stuff for neighbors:
http://www.chevy.com.ph/newsrelease/features/...
I believe that truck, is being assembled over there, in Thailand....

Location hidden

#21 Jul 24, 2012
Better Thailand than China. Anything made in the Philippines ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Truck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News GM Avoids Recall of 2 Million Trucks for Corrod... Apr 9 kevin 1
News Why This Detroit Automaker Disappointed With It... Apr 5 billyday 1
News Ford Shares Offer Income, Growth, And Value Mar '15 ray 1
News Ford tops GM in U.S. factory jobs Mar '15 fordNperception 2
News GM to Boost GMC Truck Brand's U.S. Market Share Mar '15 John Jeffery 2
News Used Mazda Truck Engines Now Included in Compac... (Oct '14) Feb '15 Eugene Dean 2
News 7 vehicles that wowed Detroit auto show Jan '15 R Prior 2
More from around the web