Motorcycle Review The 2008 Triumph Bo...

Motorcycle Review The 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black

There are 18 comments on the Associated Content story from May 13, 2008, titled Motorcycle Review The 2008 Triumph Bonneville Black. In it, Associated Content reports that:

Triumph is on Top with This Great Bike Font As the world of riding motorcycles expands more and more, it is evident not everyone is buying a Harley Davidson. via Associated Content

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Associated Content.

RAIF

AOL

#1 Aug 1, 2008
I have owned my Bonny Black for a few months now and have taken a 500 mile camping trip with her. On my trip which was interstate combined with parkway she handled great and gave me not one problem. I have noticed that gas with ethanol kills the fuel mileage by 20%. Outside of this it is my third Bonny having on a 60's model followed by a 79 model. My third Bonny and the absolute best ever. By the way I have owned a Cushman Eagle, Yamaha 305, 650, Honda 360, and one 1200 AMF shovelhead Superglide 1972 (HARLEY)which was a pure lemon. Triumph is back and better than ever.
Otto

Alexandra, Australia

#2 Sep 14, 2008
How much did they charge extra for the centre-stand?
tazbaz

Adelaide, Australia

#3 Dec 5, 2008
Centre stand $343 plu sany fitting charge - quote from Peter Stevens M/C Adelaide pty ltd today 5 Decv 08
Irover

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Dec 5, 2008
I am glad to see Triumph, a true motorcycle ledgend
return, not with some outdated model, but better than ever. I have a restored 73 bonny which is
a joy to ride down long twisty roads.
Capt Don

AOL

#5 Dec 5, 2008
The center stand is a waste of $$! It does very little, & if you go bigger tire in the RR as I did & many others, it wont work!Get a Sears jack- the most useful tool ya can get for ANY bike!!
Yup the new Bonne's are great! Reliable as ANT Honda I ever had!! Its true ethanol will cut MPG. The new Bonne's- I prefer 03-06. Made in England & better made, less plastic etc.. In 04- mine was 7 G's OTD. Still pretty much tha same? Ride one- you cant resist the urge to get one after!!
Fight the good fight

Costa Mesa, CA

#6 Dec 8, 2008

Since: Dec 08

AOL

#7 Dec 15, 2008
My '09 Bonneville Black is a pure joy to own, I ordered the centerstand and installed it myself in about 15 minutes. To me, a centerstand is absolutely necessary for easing chain maintenance and for parking on asphalt parking lots in the South Carolina summertime. If you've ever walked out and found your sidestand sunk into the asphalt surface about an inch before tip over, you'll never want to be without it again. Of course, I use the stock sized tires as they seem to get the job done no matter what the lean angle I take. I don't ride my bike like it's a CBR but have scraped the peg feelers on more than one occasion.
drummer

Boonton, NJ

#8 Feb 8, 2009
JDubya wrote:
My '09 Bonneville Black is a pure joy to own, I ordered the centerstand and installed it myself in about 15 minutes. To me, a centerstand is absolutely necessary for easing chain maintenance and for parking on asphalt parking lots in the South Carolina summertime. If you've ever walked out and found your sidestand sunk into the asphalt surface about an inch before tip over, you'll never want to be without it again. Of course, I use the stock sized tires as they seem to get the job done no matter what the lean angle I take. I don't ride my bike like it's a CBR but have scraped the peg feelers on more than one occasion.
CAn you get a centerstand for the standard '09 black Bonneville? I heard they were only available now for the '09 older style T100 models?
alfabike

Oceanside, CA

#9 Feb 15, 2009
i want to buy a new bonnie. for me it's hard to pick between the 09 bonnie se or t100 i like the lower seat of the se and the shoter wheel base with less rake and trail for riding around town. the t100 has the longer wheel more rake and trail for the hwy. i have seen broken spokes on the some of the new models (whats that about?)the se cast wheels are easy to clean and the bike is lighter. ilike the looks of the t100 but i think may be the better all around bike. which bike will riders see as the bike to have as time goes on? love to have a thruxton but at 58 yrs. old i need to seat more upright. what do you guys think?
alfabike

Oceanside, CA

#10 Feb 15, 2009
i meant to say i think the 09 se most likey the best over all bike.
alfabike

Oceanside, CA

#11 Feb 15, 2009
sorry can't read or write! you can ride and go to school at the same time.
Roland

Naxxar, Malta

#12 Jun 4, 2009
alfabike wrote:
i want to buy a new bonnie. for me it's hard to pick between the 09 bonnie se or t100 i like the lower seat of the se and the shoter wheel base with less rake and trail for riding around town. the t100 has the longer wheel more rake and trail for the hwy. i have seen broken spokes on the some of the new models (whats that about?)the se cast wheels are easy to clean and the bike is lighter. ilike the looks of the t100 but i think may be the better all around bike. which bike will riders see as the bike to have as time goes on? love to have a thruxton but at 58 yrs. old i need to seat more upright. what do you guys think?
I have got the bonnie se in blue and white recently and I am smiling every time I take it for a ride on our limited island malta. it handles like a much smaller bike and this is mainly due to the 17inch front (from 19 inch previously which ist still used on the actual T 100).

so my choice would always be the SE or the 2009 standard model ... still waiting for a centre stand but,the one of Triumph fits only on the T 100, they are working on a new one, I was told.
wwman uk

Exmouth, UK

#13 Jun 29, 2009
alfabike wrote:
Saw a man having a whale of a time on a track day at Snetterton England with a Thruxton the jap 4s were flying past it was like seeing an old dog whezzing trying to keep up with the pups but what a wonderfull sight and sound a good time was being had by all!!
bobnunya

Cambridge, MA

#14 Jun 30, 2009
If you like the Bonnie and want the ultimate in comfort...look at the Bonneville America. Lowered seat...stretched out....forward controls....etc.. Power, comfort and smooth handling. Still way under 10 grand and turns heads in a crowd of Harleys and Jap wannabes.
alfabike

Oceanside, CA

#15 Oct 6, 2009
thanks guys, i'm going to wait for next year to see what triumph come up with. the america sounds nice but i don't forward controls
shub

San Antonio, TX

#16 Nov 10, 2009
I'm new to Triumph bikes. Our local dealership in San Antonio sent me an invitation to come test ride. I picked out an America and rode for thirty minutes in various areas. It was an absolute blast! I'm interested if there are specific things anyone has noticed which would possibly present problems. Love at first ride, just don't want to be disillusioned later. Thanks
Howard W Tate

Moline, IL

#17 Mar 5, 2010
The America and the Speedmaster are cruiser type bikes. That means the footpegs and foot controls are moved forward for a backward-leaning riding position.

The Thruxton has the pegs and controls placed to the rear for a face-forward riding position.

I prefer the straight up "standard" riding position of the Bonnevilles.(I have a 2008 T100.)

I like to ride on counry back roads. Sometimes you get surpises out there like debris or critters or suddenly bad road surfaces. I don't want to be layng back or forward when I encounter these. I can see hazards better if I'm sitting upright. And I can be seen better by others if I'm sitting upright.

And I want my foot pegs right under me so I can stand up if necessary and absorb a bump or dip with my legs and not get thrown out of the saddle.

Crotch rockets are fine on a well-maintained racetrack and cruisers are fine on the interstate, but you guys shouldn't try to follow me where I like to ride.
Gary Lindenberg

Dubuque, IA

#18 Aug 1, 2016
Otto wrote:
How much did they charge extra for the centre-stand?
I have a brand new center stand for 2009 Triumph America. Ordered from dealer is a true Triumph brand. Asking $175 plus shipping. Gary Lindenberg on face book

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Triumph Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Rocket III (May '16) May '16 Les kilby 1
News Destination dealer: Ongar Motorcycles (Jul '12) Jan '15 shreddy65 3
News Motor Trike Announces Trike for Triumph Rocket ... (Sep '14) Sep '14 BeHereNow 2
News MD First Ride: 2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 (Sep '06) Jan '13 Madmike 478
News Harley driven Hawg Heaven Hearse for an ultimat... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Marian 1
for your forum Triumph or news (Oct '11) Oct '11 dream bikes 1
News An open letter to motorcycle manufacturers from... (Sep '11) Sep '11 Hilly Gun 1
More from around the web