Sprint ST neutral problem
Dave S

Livonia, MI

#1 Jun 16, 2008
My 2006 Sprint ST is very reluctant to go into neutral, particularly when hot. The shift lever resists up motion and jumps to 2nd if forced. At times I cannot get into neutral. Is this a known problem and if so, does Triumph have a fix short of engine removal?
JTC

Brandon, MS

#2 Jul 8, 2008
I have a 2007 with the same issue. Dealer was no help. It would go into neutral most of the time if rolling. Sometimes it would when stopped, but usually not. I recently changed the oil and went from the Mobil 15w50 to the 10w40 and haven't had the problem any more. If you are using the 15w50, you might try that.
pete

Sydney, Australia

#3 Dec 10, 2009
Hi,
Just taken a 2005 Sprint out for a test ride. Love it the ride but at 6'4" have issues with my shins bashing the fairing under braking ( as I do with most faired road bikes except VFR800).
Just wondering if anyone has heard of another 'stretch' like me overcoming this problem? Thinking a custom seat (a little higher) might do the job? or perhaps fairing mod?
Or should I just stick to VFRs?!!!
Any thoughts/experience.
pete

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Triumph Sprint St Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2008 Triumph Sprint ST issues (Feb '09) May '15 triumph 16
Rear luggage rack (Jun '13) Jun '13 Steve 1
Warped front discs on 2008 Sprint ST1050 - again! (Jun '12) Jan '13 mr d powell 2
1050 Sprint ST doesn't turn over (Nov '12) Nov '12 Andy 1
chain adjuster siezed (Apr '12) Apr '12 Tom 1
Triumph ST Sprint Sports 2008 (Aug '08) Mar '11 flybycop 2
955i Sprint ST 2000 Speedo (Dec '10) Dec '10 Lackspell 1
More from around the web