2010 Triumph Thunderbird

Aug 25, 2008 Full story: WebBikeWorld 44

The world-famous brand, solely owned by British businessman John Bloor, confirmed that it was on track to top 50,000 sales in 2008, exceeding the previous record of 46,700, which was set during Triumph's ...

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
warsw

United States

#1 Oct 9, 2008
This is one bike I will be watching. So far it is a bike that I see in my future.
Richard

Boise, ID

#2 Oct 12, 2008
What are we looking at for a cost of the new thunderbird
chris

Warren, MI

#3 Oct 17, 2008
so u want to have some fun
chris

Warren, MI

#4 Oct 17, 2008
want to have sex
MarkD

UK

#5 Dec 2, 2008
Looks like an HD beater to me. The power figures prove that. For anyone who wants a power cruiser and doesn't want to go down the Jap of HD route this is the real deal! It's on my list - going to put down an advanced deposit at the weekend
Capt Don

AOL

#6 Dec 3, 2008
Had a Bonne since 04 & LOVE it! I really had hi hopes for the new T-Bird! Then in CW I see it is 270 deg motor (potato-potato) & control FWD! It really resembles the Bonne in some ways/ looks, but it seems to be a HD parralel twin? Bummer!!!!
I thought it would be a real good / powerful twisty- handling machine! Doesnt look that way?
ANY good handling bike has mid controls, or rear sets! Fwd controls are to me worthless are as handling goes! You think they MIGHT do mid pegs & some hwy pegs as well? O well? I love my Bonne & it looks as if she will be the one & only a lot longer. Thought if the T-Bird was a winner- my Bonne would have company? Maybe fede back will change things?

Since: Dec 08

AOL

#7 Dec 15, 2008
I like the looks of the new T-Bird and will take one for a spin before I make a definate yea or nea statement about it.
I'm gonna be in the market for a touring type scoot in a few years and Triumph is the brand for me. I do like the Rocket models and I'd like to test ride a Sprint and see how comfortable it would be for long stints in the saddle.
I can already tell you though that the 'Bird's styling is easy on my eye and that the Trumpet's twin is unique from the VTwin that Everyone else has powering their cruisers.
"Hardly" should put the V-Rod engine in an Road King if they want to really stand apart from their Jap counterparts. It's really sad that the Big Twin rides of theirs only make about 60 or so HP even with all that displacement.
Triumph is a high quality company that builds unique high quality rides for everyday kinds of people. In other words, they won't break the bank like HD can. They've a model for every budget that is rich in quality and heritage.

“...a river of conscience ...”

Since: Oct 07

Scotland

#8 Dec 15, 2008
JDubya wrote:
I like the looks of the new T-Bird and will take one for a spin before I make a definate yea or nea statement about it.
I'm gonna be in the market for a touring type scoot in a few years and Triumph is the brand for me. I do like the Rocket models and I'd like to test ride a Sprint and see how comfortable it would be for long stints in the saddle.
I can already tell you though that the 'Bird's styling is easy on my eye and that the Trumpet's twin is unique from the VTwin that Everyone else has powering their cruisers.
"Hardly" should put the V-Rod engine in an Road King if they want to really stand apart from their Jap counterparts. It's really sad that the Big Twin rides of theirs only make about 60 or so HP even with all that displacement.
Triumph is a high quality company that builds unique high quality rides for everyday kinds of people. In other words, they won't break the bank like HD can. They've a model for every budget that is rich in quality and heritage.
Yeah that T-bird looks made to measure for the yank market OK. A HD killer if I ever saw one. Should do well over there it's even got the belt drive which kinda gives the game away as who they're hunting ;)

The Daytona looks like the Jap bike but with character. The 3 pot engine gives something no other bike has.

For me the Street Triple is pure sex on wheels, long legs and a swinging ass! While the Bonnie Anniversary is a looooooog term affair, one to caress and stroke! Beautiful!

“...a river of conscience ...”

Since: Oct 07

Scotland

#9 Dec 16, 2008
Here's a link to the first track test by MCN of the 2009 Daytona.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsre...

Look's about as well honed a machine as you'll ever get. Too fast for an old b@stard like me though :)
Beatlesinthebog

Christchurch, New Zealand

#10 Feb 4, 2009
HealingTime wrote:
Here's a link to the first track test by MCN of the 2009 Daytona.
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsre...
Look's about as well honed a machine as you'll ever get. Too fast for an old b@stard like me though :)
You don't necessarily have to wring the shit out of them,HT! I find my ol' brain seems to be about 200 yards behind the bike sometimes,but sheeet it's neat to be 18!!!!...hahahaha!
Thumper

Pleasanton, CA

#11 Feb 5, 2009
HealingTime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that T-bird looks made to measure for the yank market OK. A HD killer if I ever saw one. Should do well over there it's even got the belt drive which kinda gives the game away as who they're hunting ;)
NO way will any of that wanna-be Brit iron compete with HD on raw power..
A HD will run over any of those by accident.
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi...

And there are plenty more that are lighter,more horsepower and much quicker and faster than the V-Rod.
So if you value your life, keep your new Triumph riding near the curb, out of Harley's way.
Thumper

Pleasanton, CA

#12 Feb 5, 2009
Another coming from the minds of Harley...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buell_1125R

you're sucking eggs Triumph.

Since: Sep 07

Grand Rapids, MI

#13 Feb 5, 2009
Thumper wrote:
Another coming from the minds of Harley...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buell_1125R
you're sucking eggs Triumph.
The only thing that Buell has in common with HD is that Eric (I think that is his name) Buell used to work for them.

As for your previous comment about riding the Triumph close to the curb....I'll put a Rocket 3 up against ANY Harley (V-rod included)....
Thumper

Pleasanton, CA

#14 Feb 5, 2009
dragon_fly121 aka steve wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing that Buell has in common with HD is that Eric (I think that is his name) Buell used to work for them.
O'rly?....

"Founded by pioneering engineer Erik Buell, the Buell Motorcycle Company partnered with Harley-Davidson in 1993, and has been owned by the Motor Company since 1998."
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pa...
<quoted text>As for your previous comment about riding the Triumph close to the curb....I'll put a Rocket 3 up against ANY Harley (V-rod included)....
That is sort of a broad ignorant statement.
There are HD's that have well over 200 horsepower that will do in the 1/4 what ANY triumph will do top speed.
As far as performance goes,'V-Rod' is a mild HD.
Get a clue.
Thumper

Pleasanton, CA

#15 Feb 5, 2009
<quoted text>

As for your previous comment about riding the Triumph close to the curb....I'll put a Rocket 3 up against ANY Harley (V-rod included)....
&fe ature=related
Now let's have a looksee at what your "rocket 3" can do,,LOL!
Thumper

Pleasanton, CA

#16 Feb 5, 2009
Like I said, Triumph is sucking Harleys eggs....
Note the 'V-Rod' even smoking Hayabusa's..

&fe ature=related
Thumper

Pleasanton, CA

#17 Feb 5, 2009
<quoted text>

Triumph Rocket 3 Accelerating...

V-Rod Accelerating...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Now puhleeeasee.. let us stick to the REAL facts,not delusional fairy tale drivel.

Since: Sep 07

Grand Rapids, MI

#18 Feb 6, 2009
Thumper wrote:
<quoted text>
O'rly?....
"Founded by pioneering engineer Erik Buell, the Buell Motorcycle Company partnered with Harley-Davidson in 1993, and has been owned by the Motor Company since 1998."
http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/Content/Pa...
<quoted text>
That is sort of a broad ignorant statement.
There are HD's that have well over 200 horsepower that will do in the 1/4 what ANY triumph will do top speed.
As far as performance goes,'V-Rod' is a mild HD.
Get a clue.
The V-rod is "mild"?

I have a stock vtx 1800 that has spanked 4 different models of harley's....and the vtx is a big dump truck of a bike that is not by any means fast....BUT I KNOW BETTER then to tangle with a v-rod. The v-rod is a bad azz ride. But the elctra glides, road kings, road glides, sportsters, soft tails are all slugs from the factory. The only way that they can produce the way you say they can...is to punch them out to bigger than the 88 cubic inches (or is it 98 ci) that comes from the factory. Then, and only then, do they have a chance at competing, one on one, with other brands.

And I'll still take a stock Rocket 3 and put it up against a stock v-rod....anyday.

The best episode of "pinks" I ever saw had a guy with and old Kawasaki in-line four, take a guys v-rod away from him...and then tell the guy he was gonna sell it on eBay cause he had no use for a Harley....God, that was some good TV...

Nothing wrong with Buell's bikes. I'm sure they are great bikes. But I'll venture to say that they would better if they cut the cord with Harley. If they did that, I might add them to my short list (the wife said I can get something sporty and quick to play in traffic with) of bikes I'm considering for when the temp here is over 30 degrees...
Thumper

Pleasanton, CA

#19 Feb 6, 2009
<quoted text>
Then...
<quoted text>

Nothing wrong with Buell's bikes. I'm sure they are great bikes. But I'll venture to say that they would better if they cut the cord with Harley.
Mmm,hmmm.

I Had a Kawasaki H2 at one point, with a little work, they are a blast to ride and damn quick.
Have you ever ridden a properly worked over HD or buell?
Thumper

Pleasanton, CA

#20 Feb 6, 2009
<quoted text>
The V-rod is "mild"?
Yep. They have a lot of built in potential with plenty of after market goods to make use of that potential.
I must admit, so did the actual Brit Iron.
Hell, quite a few of those old Brit bikes that were everyday riders that ran in the 10's and 11's .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Triumph Bonneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rear tire size (Mar '14) Mar '14 Denny 1
false neutral? (May '13) Jun '13 kcbonneville 2
Bonny America 865 (May '13) May '13 Boycee 1
MD First Ride: 2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 (Sep '06) Jan '13 Madmike 478
Too small for a Bonneville (Jan '12) Oct '12 T100steve 2
screaming eagle pipes (Oct '12) Oct '12 T100steve 1
No spark (Aug '12) Aug '12 greg 1