tspapa

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2007

I used to ride small triumphs back in the 60s.I had several tiger cubs. I have always wanted a bonny.I have seen many on ebay.I was told by a Triumph guy that 1967-69 were the best.I do remember mine were not very reliable (lucas).Oil leaks etc .I just sold my 32 ford street rod.I really like the looks of the older bonnys.Two tone paint job.I just want to putt around on week ends.Anyone have any input on this?The new one looks pretty good too.Thanks in advance.Bob
Dan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2007

I bought a 69 Bonneville a few months ago. It kicks right over and runs well. The two-tone paint is gone. It is all black now. It is fun to ride and handles rather well. They sound is great and it turns lots of heads. Electronic ignition has replaced the points. Check it out.

http://video.google.com/videoplay...
Al Kahn

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2007

Look Buddy Forget the OLD Bonnie the New ones look just like the old ones MINUS all their Headaches,plus they have all the Modern features Take my advice you will thank me later
Dan

Bangor, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2007

I guess it depends on what you want. I am sure the new machines are fine bikes. I know the old ones need some attention. Pull into a crowd with a new one and everyone says "nice bike". Pull into a crowd with an old one and you just hear "NICE!"
icemon

Sydney, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

1 point dan
1 point al
2 points plus bonus point for the slam, and an extra for being older and wiser, dan wins 5 to 1.
liner

Miller Place, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2009

tspapa wrote:
I used to ride small triumphs back in the 60s.I had several tiger cubs. I have always wanted a bonny.I have seen many on ebay.I was told by a Triumph guy that 1967-69 were the best.I do remember mine were not very reliable (lucas).Oil leaks etc .I just sold my 32 ford street rod.I really like the looks of the older bonnys.Two tone paint job.I just want to putt around on week ends.Anyone have any input on this?The new one looks pretty good too.Thanks in advance.Bob
You in Oxnard? I was stationed out there back in the 60s.(Seabees). Friend had a 66 Triumph, single carb, forgot what it was called. He used to let me ride it regularly. Got pretty good at riding it home without benefit of a clutch cable! And then the blown fuses....ah yes....time has a way of healing old wounds, doesn't it?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Triumph Bonneville Discussions

Search the Triumph Bonneville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
rear tire size Mar '14 Denny 1
false neutral? (May '13) Jun '13 kcbonneville 2
Bonny America 865 (May '13) May '13 Boycee 1
MD First Ride: 2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 (Sep '06) Jan '13 Madmike 478
Too small for a Bonneville (Jan '12) Oct '12 T100steve 2
screaming eagle pipes (Oct '12) Oct '12 T100steve 1
No spark (Aug '12) Aug '12 greg 1
•••

Buy a New Car