J Lamz

United States

#1 Sep 15, 2007
Strange chirping or whistling noise coming from my 2007 bonnie. It appears to come from the cam area. Dealer says best not to open the engine, might create more problems. Any suggestions?
Al Kahn

Chino, CA

#2 Oct 18, 2007
Again You have a LEMON My Bonneville 2003 is smooth and Quiet
Al Kahn

Chino, CA

#3 Oct 18, 2007
bonneville,AWESOME!!
by joe_mechanic ,Apr 12 '07

Pros: Engine,handling,balance,looks, comfort,electrical,reliability
Cons: brakes are a little underkill,no gas guage,no kick start

I purchased a new 2007 bonneville t-100 in november 2006.I have had several other similar bikes,'70s hondas,and kawasakis.If there is one characteristic of this bike that I would like to praise overall,it is the bonneville's superb balance,and center of gravity,The 865 cc engine does a much better job of moving you along than does it's predecessor,it comes with 66 bhp stock,and with off road pipes,and jets,it is up around 78,I have found this bike to be very reasonably powerful,I have put 1000 miles on it so far,and have yet to open the throttle all the way,the bike is said to be faster than the 883 sportster,I don't know,I haven't raced one,but I do know the bike has more than ample power for the average rider,the only thing I would change about this bike is to put dual brakes in front,and possibly a belt drive,other than that it is a very nice bike,very beautiful in appearance,and very fun to ride,a win win situation!
Al Khan

Hemet, CA

#4 Dec 16, 2007
Dear Joe.Please dont F..k with the original setting.Triumph engineers spend Millions of $$ and sleepless nights trying to get the BEST COMBO bike on the road if you mess with the original setting you will have MORE PROBLEMS and your bike will not RUN any better.Leave it alone and ENJOY the BIKE>I LOVE MY BONNEVILLE AND WILL NEVER SELL IT EVEN IF I WAS STARVING.IF you want to throw away your money give it to the Salvation Army

Since: Dec 08

AOL

#5 Dec 15, 2008
My 865 had a chirpping noise at idle but has gone away after I changed the oil with AMSOIL 10-40.
Absolutely smoothed out all noises and tranny is shifting smooth and crisp. I will continue to use AMSOIL products and will change over to all fluids as they require service.
Give it a try and see the difference for yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Triumph Bonneville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
rear tire size (Mar '14) Mar '14 Denny 1
false neutral? (May '13) Jun '13 kcbonneville 2
Bonny America 865 (May '13) May '13 Boycee 1
MD First Ride: 2007 Triumph Bonneville T100 (Sep '06) Jan '13 Madmike 478
Too small for a Bonneville (Jan '12) Oct '12 T100steve 2
screaming eagle pipes (Oct '12) Oct '12 T100steve 1
No spark (Aug '12) Aug '12 greg 1

Triumph Bonneville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE