|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Toyota Owner
Austin, TX
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#1 Mar 6, 2009
When I drive my Corolla it's quite strange about 50 mph. The car turns into a "Walmart" type of basket. I have paid $500 to get it fixed but Toyota said it was within specifications. I pray there will be a fix and even get my $500 money back on this issue. Toyota says it's a new EPS steering that needs to be refined. But a problem. I saw on youtube that other had accidents with the new car.

thank you,
I love all of my Toyota's even if the 2009 Corolla.
2009 Corolla Steering
Corpus Christi, TX
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#2 Mar 7, 2009
Judged:
My steering in my new Corolla will not drive front unless I hold the steering wheel. I am glad I am not the only one with the dangerous problem.
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

I have a Corolla 2009.I seem to also have a steering wheel delima. I had an accident when my steering system just turned out of bloody control.
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Toyota Owner wrote:
When I drive my Corolla it's quite strange about 50 mph. The car turns into a "Walmart" type of basket. I have paid $500 to get it fixed but Toyota said it was within specifications. I pray there will be a fix and even get my $500 money back on this issue. Toyota says it's a new EPS steering that needs to be refined. But a problem. I saw on youtube that other had accidents with the new car.
thank you,
I love all of my Toyota's even if the 2009 Corolla.
I just bought my 2009 Corolla.... for the love of Toyota please someone tell Toyota to fix the problem before it will become a nightmare.
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Well, My car starting pulling or turning when I changed lanes and making a motor buzzing sound. My steering started hurting my wrist. I was playing tug of war. It sounded like someone rewinding a VCR tape but louder. No errors on screen and dealer didn't know why it did it. It has less then 1000 miles.

Jen
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Just bought my corolla and sorry i didnt read these reviews. Steering is terrible. Going back to the dealer to cause havok,,lol

Good luck. Just like the others they will buy it back for about 1000 less. Some others just put a switch to turn of power steering at speeds over 60 mph.
There are over 34 complaints at the nhtsa.gov . I suggest you add your name, too.
http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Hi. If they said they have many reported the problem, then what is Toyota doing to these problems? This is very worrisome and I don't think I made the right decision to buy this car. I haven't even made the first payment yet and yet I feel stuck. I am sooo sad about this and I don't know if I can even bring the car back and get another one. I mean I can trade it in but I can't imagine how much money I'd lose. ughhhhh
Pizza Driver wrote:
Allen,
I have called Toyota months back and took 2 hours to explain my steering problem. A toyota Rep came by to inspect it. He said they have many reported. So get another person on the phone or even her Supervisor.
Good Luck.. see you and others in a class action lawsuit on this problem
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Wrecked 2009 Corolla
Victoria, TX
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#17 Apr 24, 2009
Someone almost lost their life 2 weeks ago in the car I was riding in. They reported it as a steering malfunction. Now I see you guys talking about it here.

Recall?
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Hey, how did you know about someone almost loosing his life from the car you were riding in? Anyway, please have that someone report it to the toyota corporation. I have reported mine and took my car to the shop. A field rep from California tested my car and as usual, they claimed that there's nothing wrong with my car and that it's the design of the car that makes it more sensitive to the road, because the car, they claim responds to the crown of the road. I mean I seem to be getting used to it now but if there is a recall, and I hope that there is, I'll be the first one to be in the shop. But at the moment, the shop or toyota would claim that it's the design of the car, the EPS. Pls have that someone report it to the nhtsa.gov website. Good luck. At the moment, I'm tired of telling them what's wrong with the car.
Wrecked 2009 Corolla wrote:
Someone almost lost their life 2 weeks ago in the car I was riding in. They reported it as a steering malfunction. Now I see you guys talking about it here.
Recall?
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

I wreck my New 2009 Toyota Corolla.Toyota finds nothing wrong with frame or supports.They said it was me that caused me to turn into the left lane.I said it was the car pulling.Austin police took pictures and show my steering wheel was "turned" as far as it could go.Before it happened I heard a buzzing between my legs on the steering wheel.I thought it was a garbage disposer turning on.
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Mar 14, 2013 - Kimball, NE - Steering
2012 TOYOTA COROLLA. CONSUMER WRITES IN REGARDS TO VEHICLE SUDDEN ACCELERATION AND STEERING PROBLEMS. THE CONSUMER STATED WHEN SHE SLOWED/BRAKED FOR A DIP IN THE ROAD, THE VEHICLE SURGED AND THEN IDLED AT A SPEED OF 10-15 MPH, WITHOUT HER APPLYING THE GAS PEDAL. THE CONSUMER STATED DUE TO THE SUDDEN ACCELERATION AND HIGH IDLE SHE HAD TO USE HER BRAKE AND PUT THE VEHICLE INTO NEUTRAL IN ORDER TO DE- ACCELERATE. ALSO, THE VEHICLE WOULD VEER TO THE LEFT, WHICH MADE THE STEERING HARD TO CORRECT. THE TIRES WERE BALANCED AND CHECKED.
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Oct 30, 2012 - Port St Lucie, FL - Steering
AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS WHEN THERE IS ANY KIND OF WIND (EG. HEAD WIND, CROSS WIND, TAIL WIND), THE VEHICLE IS ALMOST UNCONTROLLABLE AND CHANGES DIRECTION WITHOUT DRIVER INPUT.**Y DANGEROUS***. NOTIFIED DEALER AT 5K SERVICE AND WAS TOLD THERE WAS TOO MUCH AIR PRESSURE IN TIRES. THE CHANGE OF AIR PRESSURE BY THE DEALER MADE NO DIFFERENCE, AND I HAVE EXPERIMENTED WITH HIGHER, LOWER, AND 35 PSI IN ALL FOUR TIRES. WITHOUT WINDS, THE CAR DRIVES ABSOLUTELY STRAIGHT AND STABLE ON THE SAME ROADS THAT I DRIVE DAILY. I DO NOT FEEL SAFE AND DON'T BELIEVE I WILL KEEP THIS OTHERWISE NICE CAR FOR VERY LONG
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Oct 28, 2012 - Grantville, GA - Steering
AT SPEEDS ABOVE 60MPH ON INTERSTATE DRIVING, VEHICLE FEELS LIKE IT IS BEING BLOWN ALL OVER THE ROAD. VERY HARD TO KEEP VEHICLE CENTERED IN LANE EVEN ON NON WINDY DRY CONDITION DAYS. SOMETHING IN STEERING SEEMS TO BE CAUSE OF PROBLEM. VEHICLE DOES NOT FEEL SAFE ABOVE 60MPH ON INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS. VEHICLE SEEMS TO BLOW TO THE RIGHT AND LEFT AND VERY HARD TO STAY IN LANE
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Aug 02, 2012 - Houston, TX - Steering
APPROXIMATELY 10 WORKING DAYS HAVE PAST AFTER ARBITRATION OF THE EPS(ELECTRIC POWER STEERING) OF MY 2012 TOYOTA COROLLA S IN WHICH TODAY IN THE MAIL CAME THE DENIAL. I ENTERED INTO A CLAIM TO HAVE DON MCGILL TOYOTA OF HOUSTON PURCHASE THIS CAR BACK. PLEASE EVERYONE, THE EPS SYSTEM IS NOT A COMPONENT YOU HAVE TO ADJUST YOUR LEVEL OF DRIVING EXPERIENCE TO SUIT THEIRS. THE EPS IS UNSAFE AND WILL CAUSE AN ACCIDENT, IT'S A SHAME THAT A DEATH OR BLOODSHED IS THE ONLY MEANS BY WHICH TOYOTA WILL OPEN THEIR EYES! SADLY THOUGH IT IS OFTEN HOW THE CONSUMER AT THE END OF THE DAY HAS HIS VOICE HEARD.. THE STEERING SYSTEM ON THIS VEHICLE CAN BE DOWN RIGHT DANGEROUS! YOU ARE FOOLISH TO BUY THIS CAR AND THIS IS MY LESSON LEARNED. HEED THIS WARNING FOR ANYONE WANTING TO PURCHASE THIS AUTOMOBILE. I AM NO LONGER A LOYAL TOYOTA CUSTOMER AND THE CARE AT WHICH THOSE THAT REPRESENT THE AUTOMAKER AFFORD THEIR CUSTOMERS. I LOOK FORWARD TO THE DAY I CAN RID MY HANDS OF THIS POTENTIALLY LETHAL AUTOMOBILE WITH IT'S UNCONTROLLABLE STEERING SYSTEM.
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Jul 05, 2012 - Laguna Hills, CA - Steering
I PURCHASES A NEW 2012 TOYOTA COROLLA THIS YEAR. ON (FIRST DAY) THE WAY HOME FROM THE DEALER I NOTICED THE VEHICLE TENDS TO SWAY IN THE FREEWAY. IT FEELS SIMILAR TO DRIVING ON A WINDY DAY. I AM CONCERNED ABOUT THE SAFETY OF THE VEHICLE. I HAVE TAKEN THE VEHICLE TO THE DEALER TWO TIMES, HOWEVER, THE PROBLEMS STILL PERSISTS. WHAT RIGHTS DOES THE CUSTOMER HAVE IN THESE TYPES OF CIRCUMSTANCES?
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Jun 02, 2012 - Houston, TX - Steering
THIS IS THE SECOND TIME I REPORT THIS ISSUE. I LOGGED 1,500MILES ROUNDTRIP FROM HOUSTON TO EL PASO. THIS IS ALSO THE 4TH LONGEST TRIP I HAVE TAKEN IN THIS CAR. THE PROBLEM IS THE STEERING IS DANGEROUS OVER 65+ MPH! THE FRONT END OF THE CAR FEELS LIKE IT FLOATS AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS. I HAVE ZERO FEELING OF THE ROAD FROM MY HANDS TO THE WHEELS. THE CAR TRACKS AND NEVER STAYS TRUE ON THE ROAD. THIS IS CONSTANT AND NOT INTERMITTENT WHICH MEANS I AM FOCUSING MORE ON THE STEERING ISSUE THEN ON THE TRAFFIC. I AM EITHER OVERCOMPENSATING FOR ANY SLIGHT MOVEMENT OF THE STEERING WHEEL TO BARELY TOUCHING THE WHEEL TO KEEP THIS CAR REMOTELY DRIVING STRAIGHT IN THE CENTER OF THE LANE, AND THAT DOESN'T HELP! IT WORSENS AT SPEEDS OF 75+MPH. SOMEONE IS GOING TO GET HURT! PLEASE RECALL THIS EPS SYSTEM NOW!!!
Toyota Junk

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2013

Judged:

Google 2012 corolla steering complaints. lots of accidents caused by this dangerous problem, toyota will not come up with a fix till enough of its loyal customers die from this dangerous problem.

GOOGLE DOWNEAST TOYOTA KEVIN KELLY. This dealership is rated one of the worst in the Bangor Brewer area for being RUDE and charging for repairs that they have not done!!

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2013

Judged:

looks like another Toyota recall to me
FormerCorollaown er

Carmichael, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

The steering ins these Corollas is extremely and I mean extremely unresponsive and there is no fix. I got rid of mine they are ridiculous. I have never driven a car with steering like this.
liner

Bellport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

FormerCorollaowner wrote:
The steering ins these Corollas is extremely and I mean extremely unresponsive and there is no fix. I got rid of mine they are ridiculous. I have never driven a car with steering like this.
Many owners(not all)have had it fixed by a software update.
Kevin Kelly Sucks ass

Bangor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2013

A software update!!??? Why doesnt Toyota update the software before selling these death traps?? Why you ask?? Cause it doesnt fix the problem!!!!!!!!!! its just a "FIX" so toyota can say YET AGAIN Yes this does fix the problem. Even though there is no problem!!! Toyota sucks!!!! any dealer who puts the SCREWS to someone who purchases one of these death traps doesnt feel safe in it and trades it back in should be made to purchase it back for the full price!! The Dealer gets all of their money selling the death trap again and again but the loyal consumer gets screwed!!?? Toyota, Kevin Kelly, Edward Darling and don scott I would be sooooo proud selling these cars knowing of the dangers and putting the screws to someone when they bring it back. Oh that right!!! you do this kind of thing daily so you just dont know IT IS WRONG!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Toyota Forum right now

Search the Toyota Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ford v. Chevy v. Dodge: WHO IS BETTER??? (Jan '08) Sun Alex jacques 3,045
class action filed: '01-'03 rav4 transmission /... (Dec '09) Jul 16 Helen 333
Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) Jul 15 Over Priced Cruze 9,204
Batteries battle fuel cells, leaving plug-in hy... Jul 12 Solarman 1
Uber Is Now Losing Money On Every UberX Ride Jul 7 JonQyork 1
2004 Toyota Transmission shifting problem repair Jul 6 Adrian 1
2014 U.S. Auto Sales At the Halfway Mark: GM Ho... Jul 5 liner 4
•••

Buy a New Car