Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius

There are 11779 comments on the taintedgreen.com story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius. In it, taintedgreen.com reports that:

Toyota has fallen to GM on the MPG front. The Japanese company continues to lose market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at taintedgreen.com.

Gizmo

Windsor, Canada

#2934 Mar 21, 2013
Sheesh!
The games people play!!
And you people complain about my posts?
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2935 Mar 21, 2013
Wifey says:
Lets get back to the facts:
the obamamobile equals $20 billion already lost by taxpayers on the bailout...

and counting.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2936 Mar 21, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
Lets get back to the facts:
the obamamobile equals $20 billion already lost by taxpayers on the bailout...
and counting.
Too Funny.
That's very true...

and at its current sales pace it would take over 1,000 years just to pay them back.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2938 Mar 22, 2013
I love the fact that the Volt is built to accept upgrades.
liner

Delray Beach, FL

#2939 Mar 22, 2013
Root wrote:
I love the fact that the Volt is built to accept upgrades.
Why, are you expecting a lot of them?
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2940 Mar 22, 2013
Well no, not a lot of upgrades.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2941 Mar 22, 2013
Here liner, this will help you understand.

http://www.torquenews.com/1075/chevy-volt-tea...
liner

Delray Beach, FL

#2942 Mar 22, 2013
Root wrote:
Here liner, this will help you understand.
http://www.torquenews.com/1075/chevy-volt-tea...
Interesting, thanks!
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2944 Mar 25, 2013
Wifey says:
Its always the gimmes and losers who talk about haters...

and obamamobiles.

Too Funny.
Pete

Grand Rapids, MI

#2945 Mar 25, 2013
Pete wrote:
Wifey says:
Its always the gimmes and losers who talk about haters...

and obamamobiles.

Too Funny.
That's very true...

and it doesn't take much to notice they are one and the same...

seeking more bailouts to survive.

Too Funny.
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2947 Mar 25, 2013
Here is the link.

Prius union made welfare buggy

http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/T10R3KGNATVC...
car buff

Downers Grove, IL

#2948 Mar 25, 2013
Hey,Is the nissan leaf worth buying?It travels 87 miles per charge.How bout if I put a small light weight generator in the trunk and exhaust it out the back so no fumes and plug the car in while Im driving.Will I go til the gas runs out in the generator?
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2949 Mar 25, 2013
There is a guy on this thread who keeps saying my hero is Joseph Goebbels, who said that if you repeat a lie loud enough ..... blah, blah, blah, blah.

But his little buddy Petey keeps repeating the lie "Obamamobile". He has said it at least 50 times since page 1. It has been shown that Obama wanted to kill the Volt program, and that he didn't sign the credits and subsidies. You know he has read the links. Yet, he keeps repeating.

So, it just goes to prove that Joseph Goebbels was wrong, cuz .... nobody believes Petey. Not even Wifey.

H.R.776 -- Energy Policy Act of 1992 (Enrolled Bill [Final as Passed Both House and Senate]- ENR)

Passed in 1992, signed by George Bush Sr.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/z... :

SEC. 303. MINIMUM FEDERAL FLEET REQUIREMENT.

(a) GENERAL REQUIREMENTS-(1) The Federal Government shall acquire at least--
(A) 5,000 light duty alternative fueled vehicles in fiscal year 1993;
(B) 7,500 light duty alternative fueled vehicles in fiscal year 1994; and
(C) 10,000 light duty alternative fueled vehicles in fiscal year 1995.
(2) The Secretary shall allocate the acquisitions necessary to meet the requirements under paragraph (1).
(b) PERCENTAGE REQUIREMENTS-(1) Of the total number of vehicles acquired by a Federal fleet, at least--
(A) 25 percent in fiscal year 1996;
(B) 33 percent in fiscal year 1997;
(C) 50 percent in fiscal year 1998; and
(D) 75 percent in fiscal year 1999 and thereafter, shall be alternative fueled vehicles.

This is good reading. There is much more than this.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2950 Mar 25, 2013
H.R. 1424 (110th): Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008.
Signed by George Bush Jr.

Read Sec. 205 in particular. Credit for plug-in's. Oh my, it's really a Bushmobile!!!

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/110/hr1...

TITLE II--TRANSPORTATION AND DOMESTIC FUEL SECURITY PROVISIONS
Sec. 201. Inclusion of cellulosic biofuel in bonus depreciation for biomass ethanol plant property.

Sec. 202. Credits for biodiesel and renewable diesel.

Sec. 203. Clarification that credits for fuel are designed to provide an incentive for United States production.

Sec. 204. Extension and modification of alternative fuel credit.

Sec. 205. Credit for new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicles.

Sec. 206. Exclusion from heavy truck tax for idling reduction units and advanced insulation.

Sec. 207. Alternative fuel vehicle refueling property credit.

Sec. 208. Certain income and gains relating to alcohol fuels and mixtures, biodiesel fuels and mixtures, and alternative fuels and mixtures treated as qualifying income for publicly traded partnerships.

Sec. 209. Extension and modification of election to expense certain refineries.

Sec. 210. Extension of suspension of taxable income limit on percentage depletion for oil and natural gas produced from marginal properties.

Sec. 211. Transportation fringe benefit to bicycle commuters.

This is section 205:

SEC. 205. CREDIT FOR NEW QUALIFIED PLUG-IN ELECTRIC DRIVE MOTOR VEHICLES.

(a) Plug-in Electric Drive Motor Vehicle Credit- Subpart B of part IV of subchapter A of chapter 1 (relating to other credits) is amended by adding at the end the following new section:

‘SEC. 30D. NEW QUALIFIED PLUG-IN ELECTRIC DRIVE MOTOR VEHICLES.

‘(a) Allowance of Credit-

‘(1) IN GENERAL- There shall be allowed as a credit against the tax imposed by this chapter for the taxable year an amount equal to the applicable amount with respect to each new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle placed in service by the taxpayer during the taxable year.

‘(2) APPLICABLE AMOUNT- For purposes of paragraph (1), the applicable amount is sum of--

‘(A)$2,500, plus

‘(B)$417 for each kilowatt hour of traction battery capacity in excess of 4 kilowatt hours.

‘(b) Limitations-

‘(1) LIMITATION BASED ON WEIGHT- The amount of the credit allowed under subsection (a) by reason of subsection (a)(2) shall not exceed--

‘(A)$7,500, in the case of any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of not more than 10,000 pounds,

‘(B)$10,000, in the case of any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than 10,000 pounds but not more than 14,000 pounds,

‘(C)$12,500, in the case of any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than 14,000 pounds but not more than 26,000 pounds, and

‘(D)$15,000, in the case of any new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle with a gross vehicle weight rating of more than 26,000 pounds.

Isn't history amazing? Here it is in B&W. Good reading for those who love truth. Terrible for those who keep repeating lies.

All of the above are blamed on Obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2951 Mar 25, 2013
Root wrote:
<quoted text>Did you know that the prius is a governement funded car?
Oh, it goes way back. Nissan & Toyota were started by the Japanese government because US cars dominated Japan. They hoot and howl about GM & Chrysler being bailed out (Ford was bailed out in 2006), and they don't even know that not only have Nissan & Toyota been subsidized all this time, but they started out as official government companies.

They have both been subsidized since then.

http://www.fourwinds10.net/siterun_data/busin...

This is from the above link:

"HISTORY OF JAPANESE CAR MAKERS: The car market in Japan was monopolized by the American companies until the passage in Japan of the Automobile Act in 1936 when both Nissan and Toyota were created as official car companies. "

This is good reading for those who want to know the truth about car history.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Volts for Dolts

Florham Park, NJ

#2952 Mar 26, 2013
car buff wrote:
Hey,Is the nissan leaf worth buying?It travels 87 miles per charge.How bout if I put a small light weight generator in the trunk and exhaust it out the back so no fumes and plug the car in while Im driving.Will I go til the gas runs out in the generator?
Why not, you can re-brand it the "Volt II"
Volts for Dolts

Florham Park, NJ

#2953 Mar 26, 2013
iluvmyVolt wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, it goes way back. Nissan & Toyota were started by the Japanese government because US cars dominated Japan. They hoot and howl about GM & Chrysler being bailed out (Ford was bailed out in 2006), and they don't even know that not only have Nissan & Toyota been subsidized all this time, but they started out as official government companies.
They have both been subsidized since then.
This is from the above link:
"HISTORY OF JAPANESE CAR MAKERS: The car market in Japan was monopolized by the American companies until the passage in Japan of the Automobile Act in 1936 when both Nissan and Toyota were created as official car companies. "
This is good reading for those who want to know the truth about car history.
Who cares what Japan does with their taxpayers money, I don't want my money wasted on Toyotas, Datsuns, or Volts
Root

Shreveport, LA

#2954 Mar 26, 2013
Don’t be a dolt. Why aren’t you squealing about the tax money we just gave the Palestinians? I would much rather see my tax money used here at home.
Volts for Dolts

Florham Park, NJ

#2955 Mar 26, 2013
Root wrote:
Don’t be a dolt. Why aren’t you squealing about the tax money we just gave the Palestinians? I would much rather see my tax money used here at home.
Agreed!
iluvmyVolt

Santa Clara, CA

#2956 Mar 26, 2013
The Dolt spent 1/35,000 of a dollar on my Volt,(one time). But I spent $200 (each year) to keep his gas tank full. He thinks he's got the short end of the stick.

Oh my!!! Terrorists are killing our troops with our oil money.

http://www.infowars.com/saudi-arabia-uses-al-...

If the Dolt doesn't drive an American car, he is driving a car subsidized by US tax dollars. All foreign cars built and sold in this country are subsidized by US tax dollars.

http://washingtonindependent.com/22236/cars

I pay tax dollars to subsidize his gas.

http://priceofoil.org/fossil-fuel-subsidies/

$1/35,000 of a dollar ..... once. I couldn't shave a fleck off of a penny small enough to send it to the dolt to pay him back. Wonder if he'll be willing to send me $200 a year I spend to keep his car running. Doubt it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Multi-Diag accès I-2014, avec 23 marques et 530... Aug 23 diyobd2 1
Tout sur multi-diag access j2534 pass-thru obd2... Aug 23 diyobd2 1
News What's the - most-American' car available? Cars... Jul '16 princessWKYT 3
Toyota Rod Bolt Torque Jul '16 Andybaby 1
News Toyota Tacoma compact pickup selling like a ful... (Sep '12) Jul '16 Pissed 12
News Top 10 Most Economical New Cars (Sep '07) Jul '16 litesong 91
Poll Ford v. Chevy v. Dodge: WHO IS BETTER??? (Jan '08) Jul '16 Paradigm 3,111
More from around the web