Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2010

duncan Pawtucket RI wrote:
I cant find any reference to a reset button in the manual does anyone know where it is or what the on off sequence is to turn off the warning lights?
You can turn off the maintenance light by setting the odometer to Trip A, then turning off the engine. Then keeping the odometer button pressed, restart the engine, and keep it pressed until the maintenance light stops flashing. Then release the button, and the light should be reset.

Note that the light usually comes on to indicate that you need an oil change.
Mark T

Richmond Hill, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2010

Janis wrote:
My tire pressure warning light came on and I checked all of the tires except the spare. Once I checked the spare and added air the light went out and has stayed out. Don't forget the spare.
Thanks, your comment gave me more insight than the TOYOTA MANUAL that came with the vehicle...Thank you.
elidru

Saint Simons Island, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

2010 RAV4 dash brake light comes on for no reason.
liner

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 20, 2010

Judged:

elidru wrote:
2010 RAV4 dash brake light comes on for no reason.
How do you know it's for no reason? Take it back to the dealer.
Susan

Bemidji, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

brianguy wrote:
"Does anyone know what the person with a seatbelt on and a big circle in front of it means? "
wow are you serious... all I can say is wow. return your car, I don't believe you are capable of operating a vehicle. it means fasten your damn seat belt.
WRONG it is an airbag warning light. Now you REALLY have no reason to be so rude.
liner

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2010

Judged:

Susan wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG it is an airbag warning light. Now you REALLY have no reason to be so rude.
My car has it's own airbag light. There's nobody with a seatbelt in it. You sure it's an airbag light?
Michelle12

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2010

How do reset the tire pressure monitor light on 2008 Toyota Rav4? I have checked each tire pressure with a gauge and ensure they all have the same amount of air. Can someone help me out the light is ennoying me.
janet

Freeport, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2010

rav4 TPMS wrote:
I had my tires rotated on Saturday on my 2007 RAV4.On the following tuesday (after about 200 miles useage, the Tire pressure warning light came on. there appears to be nothing wrong with any of the 5 tires (spare included) so I want to reset the warning light. Can anybody tell me how? There is no info in the owner's manual. Thanks!
that happened to me, its the airbag, warning...i am always having some light come on. i took it to the garage, and it was nothing, very touchy...
Chas Kelly

Stillwater, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2010

Steve has the right answer....thanks
Stan

Galveston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

Hey - I was agitated for weeks - the SPARE TIRE trick was it. I had no idea that TPMS was installed on the full size spare. Aired it up from 20 to 35 and PRESTO! Light off right after I started the car!
liner

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2011

Judged:

Stan wrote:
Hey - I was agitated for weeks - the SPARE TIRE trick was it. I had no idea that TPMS was installed on the full size spare. Aired it up from 20 to 35 and PRESTO! Light off right after I started the car!
Don't you just love it when something goes your way?
Shawn

Naugatuck, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2011

duncan Pawtucket RI wrote:
I cant find any reference to a reset button in the manual does anyone know where it is or what the on off sequence is to turn off the warning lights?
in most cars you hold the button on the speedometer tern the car off than back on
B Penn

Fountain Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

a warning light that looks like this (!) is on in my rav4 2006 can you tell me what it means?
Nigel

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2011

I have a Toyota Rav4 1997. The exhaust temperature indicator occasionally lights up. It is Red in colour. It looks like below. It has 3 wavy lines above the icon.
||
Here \/
___
___||___
______
|___|

What should I do??
I know that it might have been posted somewhere, but I can't seem to find it.
jack

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2011

Gail wrote:
How do I reset the "maintenance required" light and the "adjust tire pressure" light? Nothing in my book about either. Checked tire pressures today and they're all at 34.
If anyone has time.
Thanks.
I had the same problem it was the spare tire that was low.
Josie

Happy Valley, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2011

Drove for 10 miles with emergency brake on in 2007 Highlander. Now warning light on dash (!) won't go off. Manual says to go to dealer "if emergency brake NOT on"...well, it was on.
How can I turn off this warning light!
Happy

Brandon, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Grace wrote:
I have a 2006 Toyota RAV 4 limited. It only has 6,000 miles. Today a warning light that looks like an exclamation mark with paranthatis(sp?) came on. What does it mean?!
It means that you need to put air in your tires. This light is very sensitive. I had to put air in my spare tire as well in order to get it to turn off!
Cris

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2011

Have a 2006 rav4 .is there a way to reset srs warning light
liner

Hicksville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2011

Cris wrote:
Have a 2006 rav4 .is there a way to reset srs warning light
That's an airbag light. Can't reset it, gotta get it fixed. I certainly would, anyway.
lee

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Judged:

My srs light is on - kow it has to do with the airbag-should I be concerned or can you just reset?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ford v. Chevy v. Dodge: WHO IS BETTER??? (Jan '08) Aug 20 Paradigm 3,050
Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) Aug 19 Pull the Plug 9,217
Toyota Georgetown, KY plant creates 750 new job... (May '13) Aug 13 supertrucker 7
TMZ "Reporters" Call Sarah Palin a "Bad Mom" an... Aug 3 Failin Palin 4
The new F150 sucks heres why (Apr '08) Aug 3 liner 40
Lieu measure bans Assembly from buying foreign ... (Feb '10) Aug 3 Kung Fu Daddy 27
class action filed: '01-'03 rav4 transmission /... (Dec '09) Jul '14 Helen 333

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Toyota People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••