RAV4 warning lights
Wyomingite

United States

#21 Dec 29, 2008
Grace wrote:
I have a 2006 Toyota RAV 4 limited. It only has 6,000 miles. Today a warning light that looks like an exclamation mark with paranthatis(sp?) came on. What does it mean?!
It means your tire pressure is below normal limits. Check your door panel for the recommended pressure, and check that all the tires (including the spare) are at that pressure. If you live in an area that experienced rapid temperature changes, that could have triggered the warning.
Wyomingite

United States

#22 Dec 29, 2008
Paula wrote:
I have a 2008 RAV4 and the low tire indicator light has been on for two days. All tires have about 27 PSI in them including the spare. The dealership said the change in weather is most likely the reason for the light staying on. They said there is a reset button under the dash to the left but we can't find it. Help, please.
I also have a 2008 Rav4 and the indicator went on. Per the sticker on my door panel, my tire pressure should be 32 psi, and the actural pressure was 28 PSI.

Once I aired all five tires to that psi, the warning light went away. I would check to see what PSI is recommended for your RAV, air all the tires (don't forget the spare!)to that, and the light should go away.
Jim

Dracut, MA

#23 Jan 29, 2009
Grace wrote:
I have a 2006 Toyota RAV 4 limited. It only has 6,000 miles. Today a warning light that looks like an exclamation mark with paranthatis(sp?) came on. What does it mean?!
Having the same problem now in a 08 RAV. My manual states it's the brake system. It was low on fluid. I added some but the light is still on. Not sure if it needs to reset by dealer.
Jim

Dracut, MA

#24 Jan 29, 2009
I have a 2008 RAV 4. My brake warning light came on today. I checked the fliud, which was low. I added fluid but the light is still on. Does it have to be reset by the dealer or should it have gone off automatically after I added the fluid? I'm worried I may have other issues with the brake.
Caxton

Cape Town, South Africa

#26 Mar 17, 2009
I have a 1990 Toyota Rav 4 and a warning light that looks like an exhaust pipe silencer with heat-wave like lines on top of it comes on and off frequently. What does it mean?
genypha

Nicosia, Cyprus

#27 May 13, 2009
I have a Rav4 L 'V' about 8 years old. I have an orange warning light in between the fuel gauge and the temperature gauge. It shows an aerial view of the car with which looks like 'flashing' from the rear lights. I've checked the break lights, tail lights, reverse, front lights, etc. and they all work. Doors are all closed properly. What is the problem? I have spent a fortune on a new water pump and air conditioning but would still like to know if it's something I can take to a 'corner shop' rather than agents which will charge me a fortune.
genypha

Nicosia, Cyprus

#28 Jun 15, 2009
Found the problem! It was a simple matter of the break light fitted into the back door. When I asked my local petrol pump attendant to check all my lights, he said the break lights worked (but he hadn't noticed there was one fitted in the door!)
Anthony

Tijuana, Mexico

#29 Jun 16, 2009
Today my check engine light, VSC and a picture of a car swerving light came on. The manual only says to take it to Toyota. What could these lights mean is wrong?
dae

Portage, MI

#30 Jun 26, 2009
The sensors in the tires (attached to the valve stems) are fragile and break.
I bought one two weeks ago and had it installed for $126. The light stayed off for two whole days.

Two weeks later (today) they just told me another one was broken. I had them put in a rubber valve stem. This is ridiculous.

I have driven for 40 years and I know enough to keep air in my tires.

What a sensless thing to put on a car.
Jackie

Portsmouth, VA

#31 Jul 10, 2009
Gail wrote:
How do I reset the "maintenance required" light and the "adjust tire pressure" light? Nothing in my book about either. Checked tire pressures today and they're all at 34.
If anyone has time.
Thanks.
Gail, the tire pressure light will go out when you have good tire pressure in all 5 tires. Make sure you check the spare. It can set it off too.

Since: Sep 08

ORANGE, CA

#33 Aug 7, 2009
"Does anyone know what the person with a seatbelt on and a big circle in front of it means? "

wow are you serious... all I can say is wow. return your car, I don't believe you are capable of operating a vehicle. it means fasten your damn seat belt.

Since: Sep 08

ORANGE, CA

#34 Aug 7, 2009
Anthony wrote:
Today my check engine light, VSC and a picture of a car swerving light came on. The manual only says to take it to Toyota. What could these lights mean is wrong?
vehicle stability control system malfunction.
Frank E

Florence, Italy

#35 Aug 22, 2009
What is the meaning of the message "C diff LOCK"?
Phyllis

Commack, NY

#36 Aug 24, 2009
I have a car going downhill indicator flashing. Does anyone know what it means??
Phyllis

Commack, NY

#37 Aug 24, 2009
sorry, i forgot to add i have a 2006 rav4
Pao

Minneapolis, MN

#38 Oct 24, 2009
I have rav4 06,a and my check engine and cvs ligth on , what this mean?
Suzan

United States

#39 Oct 30, 2009
I recently went from 17 inch factory tires and wheels to after market 20 inch tires and wheels. They put the TPMS back in the new tires, but of course, my tire pressure light will not go off. I tried the odometer trip A, sensor reset process, but it would not reset it. All tires and spare have 40psi. Does anyone know if I need to reprogram the sensor and if so, how?
RXK

West Roxbury, MA

#40 Nov 11, 2009
Gail wrote:
How do I reset the "maintenance required" light and the "adjust tire pressure" light? Nothing in my book about either. Checked tire pressures today and they're all at 34.
If anyone has time.
Thanks.
Check your spare tire, I bet its low. It also registers with the adjust pressure light. The rims each have a transmitter.
darryl

United States

#41 Nov 26, 2009
Jim NY wrote:
I have a 2008 RAV 4. The tire pressure indicator light is on and I checked all 4 tire pressures to be okay. I did not check the spare. How do you reset the light so it goes out?
Check the spare
liner

Bronx, NY

#42 Nov 30, 2009
Pao wrote:
I have rav4 06,a and my check engine and cvs ligth on , what this mean?
I think the cvs light means your prescription's ready.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2017 Ford Fusion Hybrid and Energi Quick Spin 19 hr Solarman 1
News Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) Thu Over Priced Civic 11,777
News Toyota Could Capture The Market Tesla Motors (T... May 23 Solarman 1
Poll Ford v. Chevy v. Dodge: WHO IS BETTER??? (Jan '08) May 21 Naplesnole 3,109
News Electric Car Drivers Will Throw America Into Ro... May 18 Solarman 1
2003 Prius - Steering Wheel Vibrates (Oct '07) May 7 marie 15
Toyota Parts South Africa (Mar '12) Apr 29 Sam 34
More from around the web