RAV4 warning lights
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Gail

Peoria, IL

#1 Nov 7, 2007
How do I reset the "maintenance required" light and the "adjust tire pressure" light? Nothing in my book about either. Checked tire pressures today and they're all at 34.
If anyone has time.
Thanks.
jona

Sunol, CA

#2 Nov 8, 2007
there is a reset button on your rav4, same as other toyotas like my Sienna. Check your manuel for the location and if you take it to a toyota dealer to get yor car service. They will turn off the light for you.
jon

Sunol, CA

#3 Nov 8, 2007
maintenance light comes on when u need to do a oil change. If you take it to jiffy lube or other third party oil changer, they might not do it correctly. Take it to a dealer and tell them to turn off your lights and it's free and it takes 5 seconds because u have to turn on the car then off then on. I forgot the time apart each start lol.
duncan Pawtucket RI

Pawtucket, RI

#4 Nov 16, 2007
I cant find any reference to a reset button in the manual does anyone know where it is or what the on off sequence is to turn off the warning lights?
Grace

United States

#5 Nov 21, 2007
I have a 2006 Toyota RAV 4 limited. It only has 6,000 miles. Today a warning light that looks like an exclamation mark with paranthatis(sp?) came on. What does it mean?!
Catherine

New Zealand

#6 Nov 28, 2007
Hi Grace, off the top of my head doesn't that one mean that you haven't put the hand brake down properly?
Britt

Richmond, VA

#7 Dec 4, 2007
Grace -- that light is your low tire pressure indicator light. Check the air pressure in your tires and it should turn off, or you can reset it yourself by pushing the button to the lower left of your steering wheel.
Grace wrote:
I have a 2006 Toyota RAV 4 limited. It only has 6,000 miles. Today a warning light that looks like an exclamation mark with paranthatis(sp?) came on. What does it mean?!
CMW

Parkville, MD

#8 Dec 4, 2007
Don't forget to check the pressure of the spare tire.
Chuck

United States

#9 Dec 10, 2007
The low tire pressure light comes on because your spare tire or one of your other tires is too low. Check the air pressure in your spare tire also. Air it up and the light should go off.
Janis

United States

#10 Jan 3, 2008
My tire pressure warning light came on and I checked all of the tires except the spare. Once I checked the spare and added air the light went out and has stayed out. Don't forget the spare.
ronzo

La Jolla, CA

#11 May 8, 2008
Janis wrote:
My tire pressure warning light came on and I checked all of the tires except the spare. Once I checked the spare and added air the light went out and has stayed out. Don't forget the spare.
That happened to me. When the spare was inflated the warning light went off.
kim

Louisville, KY

#12 May 22, 2008
What does the Vs light mean?
Kristi

Burbank, CA

#13 Jul 24, 2008
Does anyone know what the person with a seatbelt on and a big circle in front of it means?
rav4 TPMS

Parkton, MD

#14 Oct 7, 2008
I had my tires rotated on Saturday on my 2007 RAV4.On the following tuesday (after about 200 miles useage, the Tire pressure warning light came on. there appears to be nothing wrong with any of the 5 tires (spare included) so I want to reset the warning light. Can anybody tell me how? There is no info in the owner's manual. Thanks!
Jim NY

Centereach, NY

#15 Oct 8, 2008
I have a 2008 RAV 4. The tire pressure indicator light is on and I checked all 4 tire pressures to be okay. I did not check the spare. How do you reset the light so it goes out?
Jim NY

Centereach, NY

#16 Oct 9, 2008
Jim NY wrote:
I have a 2008 RAV 4. The tire pressure indicator light is on and I checked all 4 tire pressures to be okay. I did not check the spare. How do you reset the light so it goes out?
. I solved the problem. I checked the spare and put some air in it. All 5 tires now have 32psi in them and the light went out.
markisboss

Sacramento, CA

#17 Oct 10, 2008
Gail wrote:
How do I reset the "maintenance required" light and the "adjust tire pressure" light? Nothing in my book about either. Checked tire pressures today and they're all at 34.
If anyone has time.
Thanks.
I just found this site but I have the same car (I hate it) There is a paragraph that covers this in the manual although it is hard to find. I cant rememeber exactly without going to the manual but there is no button for this. It is done through the trip odometer. Let me think... While the car is off, turn the key to the on (but not start) position. Push the button to reset the trip milage until it gets to the numbers that show the total milage on the car. When you get to that reading I am thinking that you just hold the button down until it flashes and that will turn the "maintenance required" light off.
Paula

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Oct 22, 2008
I have a 2008 RAV4 and the low tire indicator light has been on for two days. All tires have about 27 PSI in them including the spare. The dealership said the change in weather is most likely the reason for the light staying on. They said there is a reset button under the dash to the left but we can't find it. Help, please.
Steve

Cranston, RI

#19 Nov 25, 2008
To reset the sensors, set trip odemeter to trip A. Then take turn car off, while re-starting car hold the odometer button down and the odometers miles should start blinking and show (-----) this will reset all sensors...
CJH

Port Charlotte, FL

#20 Dec 20, 2008
I had my front brake pads replaced about a week ago, now the tire pressure indicator is on, do they have anything to do with each oter, or not. 17

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Ford v. Chevy v. Dodge: WHO IS BETTER??? (Jan '08) Fri Lwckk 3,108
Toyota Parts South Africa (Mar '12) Fri Sam 34
News Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) Apr 28 Baby makers 11,767
News Want An Electric Vehicle? The One You Should Bu... Apr 28 Mr Poo 2
News Fiat Chrysler's recall, Toyota's earthquake woe... Apr 25 more of 1
class action filed: '01-'03 rav4 transmission /... (Dec '09) Apr 19 Pat1 340
News Gov't researchers develop wireless car chargers... Apr 6 Solarman 1
More from around the web