Downest Toyota toyota camry Transmiss...

Downest Toyota toyota camry Transmission problems Kevin Kelly TOPIX

Posted in the Toyota Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CAMRY DEATHS

Bar Harbor, ME

#2 Jan 18, 2013
family bought a 07 Camry. I started driving this car a few months ago, and knowing a alot about cars i noticed some very strange problems.

1. The Engine would rev in the morning when i turned it on....
Took it to dealership and they told me they would flash the computer.....
This made it better but did not fix it.....Took it back and talked to the tech, i confronted him with what I know, and looking up on ALLDATA (the website they have for techs) i knew the next step was complete replacement of the tranny.

2. Once i got the car back....i was driving back and forth to work and home....and noticed a popping in the right rear tire...
took it back to same tech for an oil change and told him about it, he helped me out and looked at it, he said the rear right cv joint is not split or broken, but all the grease is all over.....GREAT!

have not been back in for them to fix problem number 2. And now the car is doing something different....

put the car in reverse to back it in the garage....and had the music up, and noticed i was slamming the gas to go anywhere! looked down and i was at 4500 RPM......turned down music and was revving the hell out of the engine, and was not going anywhere....the car was in reverse....The check engine light came on and the little ! light.....Then i revved it up one more time...and the main display said check VSC....don't know if this has something to do with the cv joint.....but im bringing it in tomorrow for them to try and patch it up some more....i see nothing but problems out of this car... i want to get rid of it but it is paid off.....im going to try the lemon law on them tomorrow and see where that gets me..... if you have any questions about anything, please email me at [email protected] i would love to help out other ppl with this junker!
- Chris D., Lafayette, IN, USA
CAMRY DEATHS

Bar Harbor, ME

#3 Jan 18, 2013
I agree with Steve B the car is a piece of JUNK I've owned 9 toyotas with no complaints always sworn by toyota but now since this car has serious problems toyota has treated me like crap and still insist that the car is repaired by doing this computer patch which is a bunch of crap also. Maybe if all of the 2007 Camary LE XL XLE owners get together and approach Toyota maybe they'll do the right thing and replace these piece of Junk with a reliable Toyota. Thanks J.J.
- John J., la Habra, CA, USA
CAMRY DEATHS

Bar Harbor, ME

#4 Jan 18, 2013
This 2007 new bodystyle Camry has been a nightmare on wheels from the moment I drove it home from the dealership. There have been numerous problems but the worst involves the POS 6 speed automatic transmission. It started off as a little roughness when up shifting and eventually progressed into bangshifts, delayed shifts, jerky shifts and many times no shifts at all. At first the arrogant Toyota dealership I brought it to told me this was normal (a common occurrence these days) and that they all did this. Yeah right! The second trip brought a reprogrammed controller which helped at first and then guess what. This hunk of junk left me and my family stranded on the thruway when it refused to shift at all and nearly overheated and blew up the engine! The third trip to the dealer had them finally admit that the transmission was defective and needed replacement. This was done at considerable inconvenience to myself and family. Good thing we had our reliable American made Olds Intrigue as a second car for backup. That car with over 150K miles has never left us stranded or needed any motor or transmission work and still runs very reliably. So much for all this Toyota quality that everyone is talking about. This will be my first and last Toyota product ever!
- ponchoman49, Rome, NY, USA
CAMRY DEATHS

Bar Harbor, ME

#5 Jan 18, 2013
I have had multiple issues with my 2007 Toyota Camry. First the transmission hesitates and sometimes is very dangerous when crossing an intersection. Toyota first told me it was normal, until I told them there was a TSB update. Hmm...then they suddenly wanted me to bring it in. They performed this update on the car, but the problem is still theirs. Now the car has started to jerk down into gear every time you slow down to 25mph. Once again Toyota said this was normal. So I finally snapped and called the factory. They opened a case on the car and I took it back to the Dealer. They ordered a solenoid for the transmission and said that this was the second step Toyota had to alleviate the problem. Hmm...suddenly they agree that there is a known problem. I am waiting to see if this fixes the problem, but I am very doubtful. I have never been so dissatisfied with the feel and drivability of a new car in my entire life. No exaggeration. The Camry is a terrible vehicle. I l hate the car.
- Steve B., Hilliard, OH, USA
CAMRY DEATHS

Bar Harbor, ME

#6 Jan 18, 2013
My wife drives this car. She like a little old lady. At 20,000 miles, maybe less she brought it in because the care hesitates when she hits the gas.....same old complaints as all yal. Problem fixed, sort of. Now she tells me that the car shifts for no reason at 30 miles per hr on a flat surface. So she took it to the dealer this morning. Thank God the dealer is covering what needs to be done to fix the problem because a new transmission needs to go in. What has happened to Toyota quality?? At least they were willing to fix the problem.
- Brad V., Haverhill, MA, USA
choice

Sweden

#7 May 22, 2013
I bought a V4 automatic- 2007 Camry which seemed perfect. had 165000 km. Just 2 weeks after I bought it d transmission failed. Took it to a mechanic who claimed he could fix it. He couldn't. I have replaced d transmission but d car struggles to shift to 2nd gear. D mech sed d brainbox is bad and needs to be replaced. Since I don't know much abt trannys, I wonder if d brainbox is indeed bad or if d mechanic doesn't know exactly what d problem is. I need help urgently. Pls will appreciate ur suggestions.
jim l

West Roxbury, MA

#9 Jun 13, 2013
choice wrote:
I bought a V4 automatic- 2007 Camry which seemed perfect. had 165000 km. Just 2 weeks after I bought it d transmission failed. Took it to a mechanic who claimed he could fix it. He couldn't. I have replaced d transmission but d car struggles to shift to 2nd gear. D mech sed d brainbox is bad and needs to be replaced. Since I don't know much abt trannys, I wonder if d brainbox is indeed bad or if d mechanic doesn't know exactly what d problem is. I need help urgently. Pls will appreciate ur suggestions.
I had the same issues with my camry,bought the car new for my wife in 2007, has been at the dealer 27 times since 2007 for transmission,brake,and engine problems, and entire suspension has been replaced,struts,links,bushings ,springs,control arms,ball joints,steering rack, wheel bearings,etc. We just did $3,800 in repairs this year alone, and then the transmission died at 86,000 miles, and it is $4,200 from toyota to replace it or it is $2,600 for a local repair shop to overhaul it, it still drives but the transmission pan was full of clutch pieces and it only drives in 1st and 2nd gear, and slips all the time. Toyota said the will give me $2,500 for it as a good faith gesture towards any toyota on there lot. They gave me 3 days to ecide or i have to pay storage charges to keep it on there lot, I guess i will have it repaired at the local shop and trad it in for a new altima, Good luck with your repairs,I have replaced water pump, belt , power steering rack and pump,vvti engine actuator, valve cover gasket, 3 oxygen sensors, 3 sets of tires, 3 sets of brakes, a/c compressor, condensor coil, got a/c ducts fixed,front and rear wheel bearings, wheel hubs,brake calipers, radio, sun visors, front repainted because of poor quality paint chips off, I bought the car for $20k, and I have done $10,000 in non warranty repairs with the transmission includes, TOYOTA SHOLD GIVE 2007-2009 CAMRY OWNERS THERE MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 13, 2013
jim l wrote:
<quoted text>
I had the same issues with my camry,bought the car new for my wife in 2007, has been at the dealer 27 times since 2007 for transmission,brake,and engine problems, and entire suspension has been replaced,struts,links,bushings ,springs,control arms,ball joints,steering rack, wheel bearings,etc. We just did $3,800 in repairs this year alone, and then the transmission died at 86,000 miles, and it is $4,200 from toyota to replace it or it is $2,600 for a local repair shop to overhaul it, it still drives but the transmission pan was full of clutch pieces and it only drives in 1st and 2nd gear, and slips all the time. Toyota said the will give me $2,500 for it as a good faith gesture towards any toyota on there lot. They gave me 3 days to ecide or i have to pay storage charges to keep it on there lot, I guess i will have it repaired at the local shop and trad it in for a new altima, Good luck with your repairs,I have replaced water pump, belt , power steering rack and pump,vvti engine actuator, valve cover gasket, 3 oxygen sensors, 3 sets of tires, 3 sets of brakes, a/c compressor, condensor coil, got a/c ducts fixed,front and rear wheel bearings, wheel hubs,brake calipers, radio, sun visors, front repainted because of poor quality paint chips off, I bought the car for $20k, and I have done $10,000 in non warranty repairs with the transmission includes, TOYOTA SHOLD GIVE 2007-2009 CAMRY OWNERS THERE MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!
Who can figure? My Camry, with 152K on it has required a window motor and a charcoal filter assembly. I don't count tires and brakes as they're normal maintenance items.
Kevin Kelly SUCKS ASS

Bar Harbor, ME

#11 Jun 17, 2013
Liner, I know you seem to know it all about everything, But...... You can only talk the talk when you own a camry 07 or newer. and I do not see that in the near future unless you get a higher paying job at Toyota. You can mark every comment of mine as spam if you want to. I do not care!! I have had SEVERAL commments to me, Thanking me for posting my expearence With kevin Kelly at DET. and if I have helped atleast one person from being SCREWED as bad as I was A DET well all this has been worth it! The 2007 camry was and still is a death trap!! unless you own one or have driven one for more than 3 days. well you have no idea how DANGEROUS it is. mine was totaled due to the DANGEROUS HESITATION problem that toyota still has no fix for, no one has died ( or not enough people have died ) from this problem. Toyota will not have a magic fix till enough die and than and only than will toyota say " WEll maybe there is a problem". that is just the way toyota is! and these people like kevin Kelly married into money will never know how hard it is to work for their money. and to be SCREWED like I was is just wrong, but as I said people who get things handed to them well just do not understand!!!
So keep spaming everyone you can!! it is funny to me! Like I said b 4, Why dont you go purchase yourself a 2007 camry trade you Quality 96 or what ever year camry you have for one of the 07 or NEWER DEATH TRAPS and you too will see!!!!!!!!!!
And as far as Kevin Kelly Goes........ You do screw people for a living, You think you are better than most people! and YES you do sit on your ass in a upstairs office all day and hide from the truth. but down deep you do know the truth. and you are the one that has to live with the lies every day for the rest of your life. so keep your adds going... but as for me, you will never have the chance to steal anymore money from me or my family.:) Cause I learned, and it was the hard way what kind of person people you Darlings are!!!!!
Oman

Oxford, NY

#12 Jul 28, 2013
2007 Toyota Camery. Had to put replace transmission 2x. 1 within first year. 2nd last week 130000 miles. Always loved Toyota but will never own another.
FancyBear

Gloversville, NY

#13 Jul 29, 2013
Kevin Kelly SUCKS ASS wrote:
Liner, I know you seem to know it all about everything, But...... You can only talk the talk when you own a camry 07 or newer. and I do not see that in the near future unless you get a higher paying job at Toyota. You can mark every comment of mine as spam if you want to. I do not care!! I have had SEVERAL commments to me, Thanking me for posting my expearence With kevin Kelly at DET. and if I have helped atleast one person from being SCREWED as bad as I was A DET well all this has been worth it! The 2007 camry was and still is a death trap!! unless you own one or have driven one for more than 3 days. well you have no idea how DANGEROUS it is. mine was totaled due to the DANGEROUS HESITATION problem that toyota still has no fix for, no one has died ( or not enough people have died ) from this problem. Toyota will not have a magic fix till enough die and than and only than will toyota say " WEll maybe there is a problem". that is just the way toyota is! and these people like kevin Kelly married into money will never know how hard it is to work for their money. and to be SCREWED like I was is just wrong, but as I said people who get things handed to them well just do not understand!!!
So keep spaming everyone you can!! it is funny to me! Like I said b 4, Why dont you go purchase yourself a 2007 camry trade you Quality 96 or what ever year camry you have for one of the 07 or NEWER DEATH TRAPS and you too will see!!!!!!!!!!
And as far as Kevin Kelly Goes........ You do screw people for a living, You think you are better than most people! and YES you do sit on your ass in a upstairs office all day and hide from the truth. but down deep you do know the truth. and you are the one that has to live with the lies every day for the rest of your life. so keep your adds going... but as for me, you will never have the chance to steal anymore money from me or my family.:) Cause I learned, and it was the hard way what kind of person people you Darlings are!!!!!
The really sad part is that you don't even realize just how stupid and annoying you are. Your schtick is getting old to everyone on here.
Dan Rollins

Boise, ID

#14 Aug 2, 2013
choice wrote:
It sounds as though the computer for the tranny is fried. I don't know where they place it in the 2007 model though. In the 1993 model its behind the glove compartment. While some mechanic shops will charge several hundred dollars for this computer you can find one on Carig's list or online for about $30.00.
Dan Rollins
Ontario, Oregon
Dan Rollins

Boise, ID

#15 Aug 2, 2013
jim l wrote:
<quoted text>
This is sad to hear. Even worse is the dealer whom wants to give you scrap on a car you have placed so much money into. Even if the tranny is bad the value of your vehicle is no less than $8,000 if its a 2008 model in 2013. I would avoid this dealer in a heartbeat. Look, you have already been given a raw deal. I would not talk or see this dealership again.(For my parents were once "cash cows" for a local dealership here whom were also greatly dishonest.)
Dan Rollins

Boise, ID

#16 Aug 2, 2013
Dan Rollins wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds as though the computer for the tranny is fried. I don't know where they place it in the 2007 model though. In the 1993 model its behind the glove compartment. While some mechanic shops will charge several hundred dollars for this computer you can find one on Carig's list or online for about $30.00.
Dan Rollins
Ontario, Oregon
Or one can try amazon.com for that missing part. I would also google up a U-tube video on how to find and replace that part.
david

Killarney, Australia

#17 Aug 18, 2013
i noticed a lot of people having trouble with with the computer in their camry.A person told me that's works for Toyota had the same problem with a trd aurion a older saleman was driving it and it went like crap would not go.He took it for a drive used the break and throttle which changed the settings in the computer he gave it back to the older saleman took it for a drive he couldn't believe how much power it had.If you are driving at the same speed the computer will set itself to the speed you drive it.Try it throttle hard then break a few times you might notice the difference in the car
Krennis

Mcminnville, OR

#18 Aug 28, 2013
I have a 2011 Camry LE with the 2.5L I-4 and the 6-speed automatic. The transmission shifts erratically, but so does every other car I've driven with a 6-speed automatic...so I think that's normal for these newer transmissions that, frankly, seem to have more gears than they know what to do with.

More disturbing is the car's tendency to nearly stall out when coming to a stop. It doesn't do it all the time, which (of course) means the dealer can't seem to duplicate the problem.
Sarah

Salt Lake City, UT

#19 Nov 8, 2013
Dan Rollins wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan Rollins
Ontario, Oregon
Dan Rollins, are you a mechanic? I'm in Weiser and having problems with my 1999 Camry transmission. Please reply if you or someone you know can help me out. Thank you!
Annie

Princeton, NJ

#20 Nov 21, 2013
I purchased a 2013 toyota LE in June. Not 6 mths old yet. My problem, when I stop to turn left & the way is clear, I press the gas & it hesitates like its not getting the gas & it won't go. I keep pumping the gas then it finally goes. I wait until all the cars have gone by to be sure the car will not die. This happens sometimes at stop lighs also. I have taken it back twice to differenc dealerships & rode with a tech but they can't find anything & say no one has reported this problem. Has anyone experienced this problem? I love the car but it is frightening...thinking I may get hit.
Josh Houston Tx

Magnolia, TX

#21 Jan 1, 2014
I bougt a 2014 Camry. I to have had problems with transmission. They replaced a value body assembly. The service mgr. claimed they are having lots of problems with transmissions due to poor QA at the plants. I they claim that they will repair at the dealership through the warrenty. I bought Toyota for Quality, that was my mistake!!!
CAMRY DEATHS wrote:
Just the FACTS KEVIN KELLY!!
A few months after I bought what I thought was a QUALITY vehicle, I would accelerate this so called Quality vehicle to about thirty miles per hour. I'm no mechanic but i'm pretty sure that the engine is not supposed to rev up to 5500 rpm before it shifts. I brought the Quality made Camry back to the dealer and they told me that because it was a six speed transmission it shifted differently than my old five speed. So when I brought the car back a week later and demanded they take a look at it, the mechanic said that the computer brain wasn't sending the proper command to the transmission to shift at the right time. The shifting problem still happens sometimes but is nowhere near as bad. It still feels like it skips through gears way to fast, how am i supposed to know if he fixed the problem or just messed with the gear ratio to cover up the problem? Quality vehicle quality service right! HA!
- Eric L., East Taunton, MA, USA
I have the same problem that is being mentioned here. When I am driving along around say 35 mph or so and then the flow of traffic slows down suddenly so I brake gently and then when I go to accelerate, the tachometer goes up to around 3200 rpms and the engines revs but car doesn't go for what seems like 30 seconds and then the gear finally catches and you get a jerk reaction that gives you a bit of whiplash. It can happen at any time and at any speed. I had it happen recently where I was going around 55 mph and took my foot of the accelerator to slow down and the jerk reaction happened! It really scared me as I was on the highway and it was full of cars.
I notified Toyota when it first happened and they informed me to go to a dealership. I went three times and each time the dealer claimed nothing happened and they couldn't find the problem. They didn't even suggest any sort of fix. I don't have time to keep dropping off my car for them to keep it all day plus I need it to commute to and from work. Also, the paint has chipped off way too easily on the hood of the car and the front window seems to be of a softer form of glass as I find I have way more pock marks then I did with my 2000 Rav 4L. I think Toyota has used less quality products in their new cars. I have had the car now since Oct 2007. I plan to try to sell the car or trade it in sometime in late 2010 or early 2011. This is the last Toyota I will ever own. I think Honda, Nissan or Volkswagen will be my next car.
- K C., Alameda, CA, USA
First off, this in my new fav website. My car, about a month ago, I started noticing that it has been having some problems when I'm stopped. I let go of the brake and then hit the gas it kind of feels like it has to wind up and then it goes.... even if I just barely touch the gas, it feels like it slips gears before it will grab and then go ..... I haven't done anything yet but I was wondering if any one else has had the same problem and what it took to fix it or if it turned in to a serious problem .....
- Matt W., Slc, UT, USA
family bought a 07 Camry. I started driving this car a few months ago, and knowing a alot about cars i noticed some very strange problems.
Nope KEVIN KELLY no problems with DANGEROUS HESITATION with the 2007-2012 camrys!!! JUST THE FACTS :)
David IL

Urbana, IL

#22 Jan 15, 2014
I purchased my 2014 Camry SE two weeks ago and there are only 360 miles. Yesterday morning when I tried to accelerate it, the engine speed went up to more than 4000 rpm, but the vehicle stayed in 30 mph. I stopped the vehicle and shifted the gears back to "P" and "D" again. Then the car moved as normal, but I do not want to push gas pedal hard anymore. Any suggestions?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Ford v. Chevy v. Dodge: WHO IS BETTER??? (Jan '08) Sep 15 Emotiv7 3,131
News 2017 Toyota Sienna Xle Awd Review by Steve Purdy Sep 12 pbug56 1
News 2018 Toyota Camry Production Begins In Kentucky Sep 7 Ruby Chocolate 11
Rebuilt transmission noise Aug 31 hannah4amen 1
News Chevy Volt leapfrogs Toyota's Prius (Nov '10) Aug 29 BS Repellent 11,784
News 8 Great Traits of the 2018 Honda Odyssey... and... Aug 26 pbug56 1
News Bronc-No! Possible 2020 Ford Bronco Mule Spied ... Aug 23 cmarrtyy 1
More from around the web