Toyota fears becoming number-one, int...

Toyota fears becoming number-one, internal memo says

There are 266 comments on the Motor Trend story from Feb 13, 2007, titled Toyota fears becoming number-one, internal memo says. In it, Motor Trend reports that:

Filed under: Car News , Motor City Blogman , Toyota Gaining sales in the U.S. and becoming the world's largest automaker isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Motor Trend.

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
David

Blanchester, OH

#301 Apr 19, 2008
Last time I checked GM outsold toyota again in 2007. GM will remain # 1 and soon Ford will regain it's US market, putting it # 2 or possibly #1 within 10 years. Write this down. It will happen. toyota quality is on a decline, bad decline. the only trucks they are selling is to rental companies. They will not overtake GM.
Lucy

Blanchester, OH

#302 Apr 19, 2008
Has anyone bothered to read the 07 or 08 issue. Toyota is the one no longer automatically recommended. Ford is on top.
Truckin

United States

#303 Apr 19, 2008
Lucy wrote:
Has anyone bothered to read the 07 or 08 issue. Toyota is the one no longer automatically recommended. Ford is on top.
Do you randomly change your name for the fun of it?

Did you see the Q1 sales data for 2008? Ford quality reviews are not resulting in higher sales.
Denise

Slidell, LA

#304 Apr 27, 2008
Any one aware of seat bolts failing in 2006 Camry crashes? Need info and any photos
Uncle Vick

Philadelphia, PA

#305 Apr 27, 2008
Denise wrote:
Any one aware of seat bolts failing in 2006 Camry crashes? Need info and any photos
I've seen them fail when a morbidly obese driver was "buckled" in. Are you obese?
Indiana

Madisonville, KY

#306 Dec 20, 2012
OMG have things changed since all of this was wrote

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Tundra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Georgetown, KY Toyota plant to be idle again (Feb '10) Nov '15 Liz w 460
News 2015 Toyota Tundra and Tacoma offer excellent o... (Jun '15) Jun '15 mscientist 1
News The million-dollar idea: A treat for the rear t... (Jun '15) Jun '15 bobeast 1
News TMZ "Reporters" Call Sarah Palin a "Bad Mom" an... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Failin Palin 4
News Ford F-150 pickup tops 'American-made' list (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News 2014 Tundra is proud to be 'American born' (Feb '13) Mar '14 glox 11
News Tundra Drops A Load - (Dec '07) Feb '14 Root 1,912
More from around the web