Hecker deal to consult at issue

Hecker deal to consult at issue

There are 17 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jun 15, 2010, titled Hecker deal to consult at issue. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Denny Hecker had expected that a $1 million consulting agreement tied to the sale of one of his automobile dealerships last year would tide him over through the rough months of bankruptcy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Anon

Maple Grove, MN

#1 Jun 16, 2010
Hecker and his family moved to Cross Lake just prior to filing for bankruptcy and tried to claim the Cross Lake compound as his homestead. If Hecker really intended on providing a million dollars of consulting services to this Inver Grove Height dealership, how did he intend to do that after moving over two hours away from it?

It must be pretty embarrassing for Denny to have shady schemes such as this aired out in public like this. Last week Hecker's lawyer requested that all government surveilance and wiretap evidence be handed over to them. A person with nothing to hide doesn't fret about what the government picked up over wire taps.

Hecker didn't even train his own sales staff whe he ran the dealership, all of his sales training was delegated to the Cardone group anyway. So what exactly did he intend to contribute? Advice on how to get get really low inventory financing rates by removing parts of the purchase agreement when presenting it to the bank? That kind of advice will get them federal criminal indictments.
The Hard Truth

Northome, MN

#2 Jun 16, 2010
A good barometer of the American legal system at the top end of things, where money is no object, will be what happens to Hecker and his money/possessions. With apologies to all the "innocent until proven guilty" folks, this guy is a scamster and a crook down to the soles of his shoes. The question now is whether his sneaky, oily, disingenuous, manipulative maneuvering -- clearly, the best and most brazen that money can buy -- can protect him (and his assets) from the fate that is rightfully his. If it can, then we know that the justice system is for sale. If it can't, we can chalk one up for the good guys and give the rest of us some hope that being rich doesn't allow you to get away with anything you want.
Suzette

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Jun 16, 2010
Say Hello to Tom Petters you snake!
BOOPSIE

Becker, MN

#5 Jun 16, 2010
What a scam! Hiding assets, manipulating the courts, getting "back door" money. Why isn't he in jail for contempt of court? Where are the bear statues and the hummer golf carts? Where is Crusty? Throw this lier and thief into a snake pit. He just doesn't know when to quit.
butch

Wayzata, MN

#6 Jun 16, 2010
Denny--inquiring minds have only one question:

what were you thinking with when you did it?
Mike

Wadena, MN

#10 Jun 16, 2010
A million dollar consulting deal? Who would pay the guy who owes 767 million dollars a million to consult his business? Other than maybe a way to get around the court from taking any money he had that he owed to hundreds of others. Just asking the court to allow him to do this shows the gaul of Denny Hecker. The man is a crook, and doesn't care that he cheated a single person.
butch

Wayzata, MN

#11 Jun 16, 2010
Boopsie:

The customers who dealt with anything related to that fool are schmucks too!! All thought that he was their buddy and the man--well he was the only place for many people with horse---t credit to get any consideration so if they got spanked twice for being stupid I don't feel sorry for them. The other type were the all knowing gullable idiots who believe in getting something for nothing. Let's hope this eliminates those two kinds of people going forward!!
BOOPSIE

Becker, MN

#12 Jun 16, 2010
Butch,
After 30+ years in the auto business I understand what you are saying. I am currently working with many of Heckers former employees who have never been paid the monies due to him. I have also tried to assist many of his former customers that are so buried in negative equity they don't stand a chance of getting rid of their vehicles. The dealership I work for also sees many customers coming in with Heckers pre-paid maintenance coupons which we of course can not honor. He filed banko back in the 70's when evidentally it was easier to con the courts and trustees so he certainly has experience. His audacity overwhelms me. How deep of a hole is he going to dig for himself. He is going to need one big ladder to dig himself out of this one. I just don't understand why the IRS doesn't have him locked up for tax evasion. He is dirty, very,very dirty.
Bo Knows

Saint Paul, MN

#13 Jun 16, 2010
I think all the people with the Denny Hecker Auto license plate frames should remove them ASAP.
BOOPSIE

Becker, MN

#14 Jun 16, 2010
Bo Knows wrote:
I think all the people with the Denny Hecker Auto license plate frames should remove them ASAP.
And, mail them to his place of residence.
butch

Wayzata, MN

#15 Jun 16, 2010
Boopsie:

Congrats for doing 30yrs in the iron business! But, there is an a-- for every seat and a rider for every saddle. This is not Den-Den first rodeo!! He was the proverbial sizzle without the steak--but he was a survivor. He was a bigger pig and over indulged at the trough. But that is the nature of the business--it can corrupt when stupid people get together(especially the customers)who are allowed to get access to the punch bowl without a pea for a brain!!! Let em all take a good spanking and let it do irreparable damage if that is what is necessary to correct the market!!!!
Ex Ex

Nashville, TN

#16 Jun 16, 2010
BOOPSIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is his residence these days?
swschrad

Monroe, LA

#17 Jun 16, 2010
BOOPSIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Denny Hecker
County Bridge 176
North Abutment
Toolies, MN
Det Joe Friday

Rock Island, IL

#18 Jun 16, 2010
D Hecker
666 Chrusti Circle
Chrusti, MN
KY Jelly Dog

Rock Island, IL

#19 Jun 16, 2010
The Toyota Tundra is Pimped Out Denny style. It was parked in the no parking coffee spot at Lunds in Wayzata, the $6000 shining wheel package and chrome detail.

Are we talking about the same Tundra - who is makiing a fool out of who???

PS: Maybe Hecker traded in those Tipster Mini Hummers that Hecker hasn't seen since 2006?

I saw it in 2008 at the compound in Crosslake while cruising on my 18ft fishing boat.
Blu

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Jun 16, 2010
We're ALL paying to keep him out of jail. We're all paying for alot of things we shouldn't be paying for but the voters know best!
butch

Wayzata, MN

#21 Jun 17, 2010
The license plate frames show who got snookered by Denny and will ensure instant depreciation for those vehicles!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Tundra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Georgetown, KY Toyota plant to be idle again (Feb '10) Jul 26 Jess 487
? throttle/pedal position sensor (Jul '11) Jul '17 Darren 2
News 2015 Toyota Tundra and Tacoma offer excellent o... (Jun '15) Jun '15 mscientist 1
News The million-dollar idea: A treat for the rear t... (Jun '15) Jun '15 bobeast 1
News TMZ "Reporters" Call Sarah Palin a "Bad Mom" an... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Failin Palin 4
News Ford F-150 pickup tops 'American-made' list (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News 2014 Tundra is proud to be 'American born' (Feb '13) Mar '14 glox 11
More from around the web