New Nissan Titan, Coming At The Chica...

New Nissan Titan, Coming At The Chicago Auto Show

There are 37 comments on the The Road Reporter story from Jan 18, 2007, titled New Nissan Titan, Coming At The Chicago Auto Show. In it, The Road Reporter reports that:

I've been looking for updates about Nissan for days now and here is what I got. I was excited upon knowing that the Nissan Titan has recently undergone a facelift.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Road Reporter.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
The Terminater

Burlington, KY

#1 Jan 30, 2007
I love the Titan, I just don't think Nissan has done a good job of marketing the truck. Its more powerful then a Hemi Dodge and looks better.
Jim

Paramaribo, Suriname

#2 Jan 31, 2007
Yah man, I also like Nissan titan trucks too. Wish for the 2008 Nissan titan they increase hp to 500 7.5 to 8.0L. Now the toyota thundra '07 is way to far for the titan 2007.
BITCHMASTERZ

Wichita, KS

#3 Mar 4, 2007
JIM R U RETARTED? OR JUST DRUNK WHEN YOU TYPE THAT UP!!!???? NISSAN SUX!!!!!
Jim

Paramaribo, Suriname

#4 Mar 5, 2007
Hey, whats wrong with you guys that hates nissan. I also goth two trucks, a ford ranger 2002 and a ford lightning. The third truck will be the 2008 nissan titan and then I will go to America and buy one. I don't care if it is Japanese or what ever. Is just may choice to choose what I want and nobody is going to tell me what to do. Be cool.
SYED HUSSAIN

AOL

#5 Mar 20, 2007
I HAVE DRIVEN 06 FORD F-150 5.4(300HP). 2007 DODGE RAM 5.7 (345hp) Toyota Tundra 5.7 (381hp) and 07 Nissan Titan 5.6 (317hp) OFF the line Titan is one of the best truk I have ever driven but a little less passing power then Tundra (5.7) when travling @ 130kmph other then this this is a pure musle truck beilive me or go for a test drive floor the gas padle and you will hear a big rore like a loin and it will get 0-60mph quicker then any truck (beside RAM SRT-10) on the road.
TITAN IS THE BEST IF YOU BELIVE IN THE WEST
Jim

Paramaribo, Suriname

#6 Mar 21, 2007
hey,
nice to hear that. I'm a big fan off the NISSAN TITAN and I like that mighty beast. Why do some people hate the TITAN? Its such a beautifull fullsize truck. Here where I live I see a lot of them. It becomes one of the populaire truck here. Everybody loves them, nice looking beast of the west. We got also dodge, gmc, ford and thundras here. I have a ford ranger and an ford lighning home.
TOYOTA SUCKS ASS

Denver, CO

#7 Mar 24, 2007
Jim wrote:
hey,
nice to hear that. I'm a big fan off the NISSAN TITAN and I like that mighty beast. Why do some people hate the TITAN? Its such a beautifull fullsize truck. Here where I live I see a lot of them. It becomes one of the populaire truck here. Everybody loves them, nice looking beast of the west. We got also dodge, gmc, ford and thundras here. I have a ford ranger and an ford lighning home.
because they are ugly as hell and are a disgrace to most men that live in this country. No room for Jap full size trucks here. DISGUSTING!!
bad ass titan

Vestal, NY

#8 Mar 25, 2007
hey toyota sucks ass I will put my titan up against any american made truck anyday. I will beat any american truck sorry to say it but the japs dont believe in speed limiters like american trucks.
Jim

Paramaribo, Suriname

#9 Mar 26, 2007
NISSAN TITAN is the best.

Thank you.
titanextreme

Virginia Beach, VA

#10 Mar 26, 2007
anyone who hates the Nissan Titan, surely haven't driven one, and mine, well last weekend I was pulling Chevy's, Dodge's and Ford's out of the mud, and I'm sure they were haten when I had no problems
Jim

Paramaribo, Suriname

#11 Mar 28, 2007
titanextreme wrote:
anyone who hates the Nissan Titan, surely haven't driven one, and mine, well last weekend I was pulling Chevy's, Dodge's and Ford's out of the mud, and I'm sure they were haten when I had no problems
Hey,
whats up. Cool dude. I like the nissan titan also. I own a ford ranger and an ford lightning, but like the titan better. My friends had GMC, Dodge Rams and ford F150, now they own Nissan Titan. They told me that the titan are fun to drive and also have power. Not like the ford or dodge. They sold them for a verry cheap price. He he I'm happy. Every they more and more Nissan titan are coming in my county. First there was only one titan, but now these theys they are a lot of them.
Innocent Bystandard

Henderson, NV

#12 Jun 16, 2007
Why are all NISAN TITAN owners jackasses?
My roomate owns one and I guess its alright. Yeah,yeah, its faster 0-60 but that doesnt make a TRUCK. I would much rather own a FORD or CHEVY that has a proven past. If Hyundai makes a truck that does 0-60 faster than the Titan is that the best truck?.........JACKASSES!
Jim

Paramaribo, Suriname

#13 Jun 21, 2007
Hey,
thats not good man. If we are jackasses than you are also one. I like the nissan titan, but I also own two fords, an ranger and an lightning. I like them alot. But I also like the titan too. I'm thinking to purchase one. And be cool man, don't behave like this. We could be friends one day, ok.
Jim

Paramaribo, Suriname

#14 Jun 21, 2007
hey titan fans,
got some news. June 15, 2007 Reuters reported that Nissan Motors Co. is preparing a V8 diesel powered version of its titan full sized pickup truck by 2009 for the US, with engines built by local truck and engine maker Navistar International Corp. I don't know if it wil be an 6,4L or smaller V8 engine. That will be cool. Give me an diesel titan to make it an real work truck for my boat to haul that 13 meter motor boat on an trailer. Sorry for my lovely FORD LIGHTNING and RANGER. To weak to haul such an 13m beast.
pops

Roanoke, VA

#15 Jul 31, 2007
My 2007 Nissan Titan SUCKS...
I had to have the engine torn down because of a weired noise and they found a Ford Power Stroke stuck up in side it.
Jim

Paramaribo, Suriname

#17 Aug 13, 2007
Truckin wrote:
<quoted text>
The 5.7L Tundra walks all over the Nissan Titan per all of the published vehicle tests. That "seat of your pants" off the line feel doesn't equate to data. It has A LOT less passing power than the 5.7L Tundra which is offered with a 4.30 rearend ratio and a 6-speed tranny offering the perfect combination of final drive ratio for the given situation. GM keeps chugging along with their ancient 4-speed slushboxes.
Hey Mister,
i know lots of people that have tundras, but sinds they took a titan drive test they sold their tundra. They say titan is the best. Its true that the tundra is faster because the tundra got a bigger engine. Let them put an 400hp in the titan than the titan will beat the tundra. Just think realistic man.
L Train

Orange Park, FL

#18 Aug 14, 2007
I have a 06 Titan 5.6 SE. It took Toyota 67 horsepower to beat the titan. The toyota beats the titan 9500 tow capacity by 1000 lbs. with the 67 horsepower. The Titan has 385 ft. lbs of torque, the Tundra has 401. It took 67 hp for 17 ft. lbs. of torque. Come on be real, The Titan has been overall the same killer the last 5 years, but we'll see what you'll be saying in a year.

P.S. If you upgrade exhaust and intake, Titans and Tundra will be damn near the same performance wise.
Dumb Redneck

Kernersville, NC

#19 Aug 15, 2007
L Train wrote:
I have a 06 Titan 5.6 SE. It took Toyota 67 horsepower to beat the titan. The toyota beats the titan 9500 tow capacity by 1000 lbs. with the 67 horsepower. The Titan has 385 ft. lbs of torque, the Tundra has 401. It took 67 hp for 17 ft. lbs. of torque. Come on be real, The Titan has been overall the same killer the last 5 years, but we'll see what you'll be saying in a year.
P.S. If you upgrade exhaust and intake, Titans and Tundra will be damn near the same performance wise.
We'll see when the numbers come out. If Nissan can extract 400 horsepower from their 5.6L offering then its up to them to put the numbers up. For now, we must compare what is on the market....that is all. Titans do respond well to intake/exhaust mods but they won't get 67hp. Another advantage for the Toyota is the 6-speed wide ratio tranny combined with a 4.30 rear axle ratio. Just remember, old 454 big blocks put up 230HP and 400+ft-lbs of torque and could tow more than either of these trucks, it's not all about peal HP and torque figures. Those same 454-powered trucks were sluggish in comparison.
jim

Paramaribo, Suriname

#20 Aug 16, 2007
hey guys,
it's fun to talk about trucks he. Every buddy has his own meaning about trucks, cool.
Chevy and Ford My ass

Corpus Christi, TX

#21 Nov 13, 2008
Oh boy... Titan baby sure look hot... I d definately dump american trucks for Titans....

Maybe American trucks look beefy, tough, strong that is at the start.. but in few years they will worn out, parts is going to fall off.. seriously... Them American cars sells part so cheap.

I used to own 1996 Ford F150, runs up to 135,000 miles it just dies on me... No idea why, not even ford maintence dudes know.. Before my Ford dies on me, I had frequent problems with engines and parts.. I made so many trips to service shop more than I made to visit my grandmother that likes 30 mintues from where I live,,,

I currently own 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500, I am about to dump this junk... GM just keep on draining my money out of wallet for stupid cheap parts...

My friend bought 1994 Nissan Pick up w/260,000 miles on it... I asked my friend if he ever remember any problems appears on his truck... he said, oh yes a year ago flat tire other than that no... my truck is in good shape.

SO this tell, it better to trust Japanese vehicles over American, It last longer... Sad to say this, Even I am American myself, I can't just trust American market, vehciles anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Tundra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Georgetown, KY Toyota plant to be idle again (Feb '10) Nov '15 Liz w 460
News 2015 Toyota Tundra and Tacoma offer excellent o... (Jun '15) Jun '15 mscientist 1
News The million-dollar idea: A treat for the rear t... (Jun '15) Jun '15 bobeast 1
News TMZ "Reporters" Call Sarah Palin a "Bad Mom" an... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Failin Palin 4
News Ford F-150 pickup tops 'American-made' list (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News 2014 Tundra is proud to be 'American born' (Feb '13) Mar '14 glox 11
News Tundra Drops A Load - (Dec '07) Feb '14 Root 1,912
More from around the web