Japanese Citizens Turn on TOYOTA

Japanese Citizens Turn on TOYOTA

There are 228 comments on the www.latimes.com story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Japanese Citizens Turn on TOYOTA. In it, www.latimes.com reports that:

Toyota has let down the great Japanese people. They feel cheated and embarrassed by the company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.latimes.com.

First Prev
of 12
Next Last

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#1 Jan 28, 2010
I donít blame them one bit. Toyota not only let the Japanese people down, they let Americans down. Shame on you..

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#2 Jan 29, 2010
hari-kari?

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#3 Jan 29, 2010
Takashi - a fix?
Huh What

Yonkers, NY

#5 Feb 4, 2010
Yesterday I saw two Toyotas head end each other..ended up one had an accelerator pedal problem and the other had a brake glitch ...what are the odds?...ahhhhhsoooooo

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#6 Feb 4, 2010
Those Toyota guys are funny to watch. Think about it, they have to defend their car buying choices. Itís quite interesting when you think about it.
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#7 Feb 5, 2010
Ahhhh....GM's been defending their car buying choices for decades.

It's all a conspiracy now. The government says nothing about the 1.1 million cars recalled by GM because they own GM. You don't want to say anything bad about a company you just saved from a sure death.
Damage Control

United States

#8 Feb 5, 2010
Toyota wants to live in the US, they have to play by the rules...even Confucious say honesty is best policy.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#9 Feb 5, 2010
Again, Toyota owners are the only people that purchase a shiny new car and then have to go out and defend their purchase. We see it on these threads daily.
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#10 Feb 5, 2010
That's because you only create threads that promote that. You should look on other threads.

Look outside the box.
stop

Bronx, NY

#11 Feb 5, 2010
whatever wrote:
That's because you only create threads that promote that. You should look on other threads.
Look outside the box.
Look at posts 6 & 9 for an idea of the depth of his intellect.
JJFADS

Miami, FL

#12 Feb 5, 2010
For the life of me, I cannot stop scratching my genitals. It started when I bummed a ride in a Toyota.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#13 Feb 5, 2010
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/video/toyotas-pedal...

Amusing how the children are rendered speechless as to the current follies of Toyota. Hoping for a glimmer of optimism while grasping nothing to stand on, not even a pedal. Regardless, this is just the tip of the iceberg, from the liberal cover ups to the inability to address safety concerns. The show goes on.
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#14 Feb 5, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/vide o/toyotas-pedal-problems-prius s-brakes-9751945
Amusing how the children are rendered speechless as to the current follies of Toyota. Hoping for a glimmer of optimism while grasping nothing to stand on, not even a pedal. Regardless, this is just the tip of the iceberg, from the liberal cover ups to the inability to address safety concerns. The show goes on.
I hear ya buddy.

After receiving more than 1,100 complaints over several years Ė including about 750 in the last six months ó the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration has opened an investigation into failures of the electric power steering on about 900,000 Chevrolet Cobalts....

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/02/05/ch...

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#15 Feb 5, 2010
Thatís good information although irrelevant. Of course it pails in comparison to the current 9 million recalls of Toyota, and thatís just in the last three months. When the Priapus goes down, followed by another round of Lexsus, we estimate the number to be around 12 million. Further when the electronics probe is complete, the recalls will be paramount most likely pushing into the tens of millions. Stay tuned for as the plot thickens, the story gets better.
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#16 Feb 5, 2010
Well I'm glad we can count on your "estimates" even though they mean nothing since you have nothing to do with the recalls.

Thanks for playing though.
Damage Control

United States

#17 Feb 5, 2010
Yota lovers, it's all comming down, down, down...



...like a runaway Toyota down the Appalacian Mountains.
Stop It

Fergus, Canada

#18 Feb 5, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
Thatís good information although irrelevant. Of course it pails in comparison to the current 9 million recalls of Toyota, and thatís just in the last three months. When the Priapus goes down, followed by another round of Lexsus, we estimate the number to be around 12 million. Further when the electronics probe is complete, the recalls will be paramount most likely pushing into the tens of millions. Stay tuned for as the plot thickens, the story gets better.
Comparably speaking.......


Fordís cruise control switches, 2009

The largest automotive recall in the United States involved Ford Motor Company. In the course of eight separate recalls culminating in 2009, Ford was forced to recall more than 14 million cars built between 1993 and 2004 because of faulty cruise control switches that could catch fire even when the vehicle was turned off. The recall included models such as the Crown Victoria, Windstar, Lincoln Navigator, F150 pickup and Explorer.

(credit: GettyImages)


Stop It

Fergus, Canada

#19 Feb 5, 2010
JJ----speculating about the yet unprobed "Electronics Probe"....well....for lack of a better word...is speculation!

You really have no choice but to agree an offhand condemnation is far too premature.
whatever

Lincolnshire, IL

#20 Feb 6, 2010
Stop It wrote:
<quoted text>
Comparably speaking.......
Fordís cruise control switches, 2009
The largest automotive recall in the United States involved Ford Motor Company. In the course of eight separate recalls culminating in 2009, Ford was forced to recall more than 14 million cars built between 1993 and 2004 because of faulty cruise control switches that could catch fire even when the vehicle was turned off. The recall included models such as the Crown Victoria, Windstar, Lincoln Navigator, F150 pickup and Explorer.
(credit: GettyImages)
Exactly. Personal speculation doesn't count as fact.
Gordon

United States

#21 Feb 6, 2010
whatever wrote:
Ahhhh....GM's been defending their car buying choices for decades.
It's all a conspiracy now. The government says nothing about the 1.1 million cars recalled by GM because they own GM. You don't want to say anything bad about a company you just saved from a sure death.
WTF Mr. Hirohito?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Tundra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Georgetown, KY Toyota plant to be idle again (Feb '10) Nov '15 Liz w 460
News 2015 Toyota Tundra and Tacoma offer excellent o... (Jun '15) Jun '15 mscientist 1
News The million-dollar idea: A treat for the rear t... (Jun '15) Jun '15 bobeast 1
News TMZ "Reporters" Call Sarah Palin a "Bad Mom" an... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Failin Palin 4
News Ford F-150 pickup tops 'American-made' list (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News 2014 Tundra is proud to be 'American born' (Feb '13) Mar '14 glox 11
News Tundra Drops A Load - (Dec '07) Feb '14 Root 1,912
More from around the web