Toyota Tundra Recall Likely- Oriental

Toyota Tundra Recall Likely- Oriental

There are 71 comments on the www.autoweek.com story from Oct 7, 2009, titled Toyota Tundra Recall Likely- Oriental. In it, www.autoweek.com reports that:

The NHTSA is investigating complaints about frame corrosion on Toyota Tundra pickups.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.autoweek.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Toyota Expert

Gulfport, MS

#64 Nov 25, 2009
pitiful

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#65 Nov 25, 2009
eskymi wrote:
<quoted text>
3.8 million....plus the 110,000 trucks for rust, plus the 100,000 Scion/Corollas for condensation on brakes....and what's weird is that is still 1/2 million less than Ford recalled this year.....
It happens to every manufacturer. Not a big deal....
Not so fast scooter, it is a big deal, and you are missing a few numbers.
loooop

Spruce Grove, Canada

#67 Jan 8, 2010
Vance1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely disagree
On the Ford lots here in Town I see many many Toyota's traded in on the new FORD F -150.
The Toy wont do the same thing real trucks do.. end of story
You would not know a real truck if it jumped up and slapped you across the face!!
SDS

Vancouver, WA

#68 Jan 8, 2010
Never had any problems with my 01 Tundra.I havent had any problems with my 07 crewmax 4x4 and yes it does go off road tow a boat any many more things other than get grocerys and haul the kids around but what im curious about is have any ford trucks ever had any problems with their front brakes wearing out too fast and I know Dodge has never had any tranny problems with their trucks.
Perpetual Toyota

Chambersburg, PA

#69 Jan 9, 2010
Not only does the Tundra perform great, but it holds the best resale value.
Generatorman

Burlington, NJ

#70 Jan 9, 2010
At least Toyota had the BALLS to step up to the plate and ADMIT the defect.
UNLIKE GM whom has 100K's of trucks with corroded brake lines rupturing and people in near-fatal accidents. Go ahead....Argue with me....I own one of the GM Death Traps and GM and the attny general all told me to go pound sand.
Look here: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/gm_...

GM is simply the WORST EVER especially since Obama owns them now.

Am I defending foreign vehicles ? NO
But I will tell you GM is just a snake in the grass. I have religously owned GM vehicles since 2 yrs BEFORE I could legally drive....NO MORE! This shows me where their customer service is....in my wallet!!

BTW...$1276.43 to have all 7 brake lines replaced w/ Stainless steel.
Bad Stuff

Chambersburg, PA

#71 Jan 9, 2010
Sorry to hear about your problematic GM brake lines.
Generatorman

Burlington, NJ

#72 Jan 9, 2010
It just frustrates the hell out of me when I see one company's product being bashed and the one being defended is just as bad...if not worse. This brake line issue needs a thread of it's own. But it just goes to show the hidden "class" Toyota has for facing up to the problem...sure it's a huge ugly problem but they admit it....UNLIKE GM.
Now which truck if given the choice do you think I would buy next?? The one that will kill me & my (and maybe your) family....or the one I have to take back to the dealer for them to fix at no cost to me??
Tundra Grade

Chambersburg, PA

#73 Jan 10, 2010
The easy answer is to get the Tundra. The vehicle is superior in every way, outperforms the competition in terms of vehicle dynamics and NVH, and maintains far superior resale.

Since: May 09

Belvidere, IL

#74 Jan 11, 2010
JJFADS wrote:
Indeed they are, indeed they are. We are simply seeing what I have tried, and tried to explain to people for so long, TOYOTA has many problems from legal to failing quality. Their perceived quality is nothing more than a fictional joke.
I find it quite suspicious that none of the anti- American posters can be found on days like this. NONE-
Very nice guys, very nice-
Then go to Topix GM or Topix Ford or Topix Chrysler

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#75 Jan 14, 2010
beerhunter wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go to Topix GM or Topix Ford or Topix Chrysler
Why would one need to venture to other rooms when all the information is readily available here?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Tundra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News US pickup truck buyers demanding more luxury Oct '17 Justa Guynamedjoe 1
News Georgetown, KY Toyota plant to be idle again (Feb '10) Jul '17 Jess 485
? throttle/pedal position sensor (Jul '11) Jul '17 Darren 2
News 2015 Toyota Tundra and Tacoma offer excellent o... (Jun '15) Jun '15 mscientist 1
News The million-dollar idea: A treat for the rear t... (Jun '15) Jun '15 bobeast 1
News TMZ "Reporters" Call Sarah Palin a "Bad Mom" an... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Failin Palin 4
News Ford F-150 pickup tops 'American-made' list (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 1
More from around the web