Toyota Tundra Recall Likely- Oriental

Toyota Tundra Recall Likely- Oriental

There are 71 comments on the www.autoweek.com story from Oct 7, 2009, titled Toyota Tundra Recall Likely- Oriental. In it, www.autoweek.com reports that:

The NHTSA is investigating complaints about frame corrosion on Toyota Tundra pickups.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.autoweek.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Apr 07

ridgefarm Il

#1 Oct 7, 2009
Toyota is really having problems.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#2 Oct 7, 2009
Indeed they are, indeed they are. We are simply seeing what I have tried, and tried to explain to people for so long, TOYOTA has many problems from legal to failing quality. Their perceived quality is nothing more than a fictional joke.

I find it quite suspicious that none of the anti- American posters can be found on days like this. NONE-

Very nice guys, very nice-
CROWN VICTORIA

Columbus, OH

#3 Oct 7, 2009
well well where is truckin to defend his precius Tundra?????? or Std????? Toyota is a joke.
GM do Brasil

Presidente Prudente, Brazil

#4 Oct 7, 2009
Toyota not very popular here in Brasil, but hugely popular in the U.S. especially in California. I went there on vacation and only saw import cars. It will take a lot for people to change their minds. Here in Brasil the bankruptcy of GM in the U.S. has brought down our sales.

Dallas, TX.

#5 Oct 7, 2009
Truckin just posted under another mask in a failed attempt to redirect the limelight from Toyota to other makers. What a sucker. Even PMSNBC has bad stories running about Toyota. I almost fell out of my seat when I saw it.

ridgefarm Il

#6 Oct 7, 2009
With all the problems toyota is having, I won't consider buying a toyota until they get their act cleaned up. Its especially bad for toyota's truck
line as GM and Ford have excellent trucks.
Truckin

Kernersville, NC

#7 Oct 7, 2009
The public has demonstrated that they don't care what recalls or quality issues have taken place. Toyota increases its market share like a juggernaut.

Also, in reply to the above whackjob, I have no problem with a recall on old trucks. My truck has been problem free and reliable, and that is while I'll purchase another Toyota. Superior in performance, economy, and resale. Oh what a feeling.
CROWN VICTORIA

Columbus, OH

#8 Oct 7, 2009
oh wahat a feeling its going to be when your pos will be recalled for the same issue in a few years. Toyota rusting forward!!!!!!!!

Dallas, TX.

#10 Oct 7, 2009
Truckin wrote:
The public has demonstrated that they don't care what recalls or quality issues have taken place. Toyota increases its market share like a juggernaut.
Also, in reply to the above whackjob, I have no problem with a recall on old trucks. My truck has been problem free and reliable, and that is while I'll purchase another Toyota. Superior in performance, economy, and resale. Oh what a feeling.
I called and you answered, enough said.
GM do Brazil

Curitiba, Brazil

#11 Oct 8, 2009
Toyota still makes the best vehicles in the global market.

ridgefarm Il

#12 Oct 8, 2009
GM do Brazil wrote:
Toyota still makes the best vehicles in the global market.
I find that hard to believe with Honda having few, if any
recalls, and other manufacturers the same.

Dallas, TX.

#13 Oct 8, 2009
GM do Brazil is truckin. Ignore him-

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#14 Oct 8, 2009
Has Toyota lost its way?
Since surpassing GM last year to become the worldÂ’s best-selling automaker, Toyota has been plagued by setbacks, including its first loss since 1938.
Toyota Blowed Up

Gulfport, MS

#15 Oct 8, 2009
I will NEVER buy another Toyota product.

Dallas, TX.

#16 Oct 8, 2009
Truckin wrote:
We know you have problems when you get on a toyota recall thread and try to bring up GM. Especially when you spew propaganda pertaining to September sales based on October recalls. Go back to bed.
dbu

San Antonio, TX

#17 Oct 12, 2009
i own a 2001 tundra never any problems. also a 2008 avalon never had a floor mat problem. floor mat has two holes and floor has two hooks to keep floor mat in place. if the floor mat is attached properly i don't see how the floor mat could go over the gas pedal and get stuck.

ridgefarm Il

#19 Oct 12, 2009
I did see that on cnn money that they list the tundra as having 80% US parts while the silverado
has 75%. Camry was listed at 80% US parts. Interesting.
Truckin

Kernersville, NC

#20 Oct 12, 2009
Tom Loy wrote:
I did see that on cnn money that they list the tundra as having 80% US parts while the silverado
has 75%. Camry was listed at 80% US parts. Interesting.
Very interesting Tom, and great marketing material for Toyota, not that they need it, they sell more cars than anyone.

Dallas, TX.

#22 Oct 12, 2009
What does this have to do with Toyota's failing quality?
Alpha Geek

Canada

#23 Oct 13, 2009
JJFADS wrote:
What does this have to do with Toyota's failing quality?
Liar.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Tundra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Georgetown, KY Toyota plant to be idle again (Feb '10) Nov '15 Liz w 460
News 2015 Toyota Tundra and Tacoma offer excellent o... (Jun '15) Jun '15 mscientist 1
News The million-dollar idea: A treat for the rear t... (Jun '15) Jun '15 bobeast 1
News TMZ "Reporters" Call Sarah Palin a "Bad Mom" an... (Jul '14) Aug '14 Failin Palin 4
News Ford F-150 pickup tops 'American-made' list (Jul '14) Jul '14 Go Blue Forever 1
News 2014 Tundra is proud to be 'American born' (Feb '13) Mar '14 glox 11
News Tundra Drops A Load - (Dec '07) Feb '14 Root 1,912
More from around the web