Toyota Celica is Coming Back in 2009

Toyota Celica is Coming Back in 2009

There are 94 comments on the Mobile Magazine story from Nov 20, 2007, titled Toyota Celica is Coming Back in 2009. In it, Mobile Magazine reports that:

Toyota has long since had a reputation for having safe cars that weren't particularly exciting. via Mobile Magazine

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mobile Magazine.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Barbara Andersen

Norfolk, VA

#2 Dec 28, 2007
I am seriously waiting for the new Celica!!
I desperately need a new car, BUT I have a 90
GT Celica, that I just can not seem to replace.
First the style of the exterior is amazing. Nothing
comes close to the front view and aerodynamic
curves. PLEASE bring back the front of the Celica
of a 1990. The model after 92-3 is not
anything what people want. Bring back something
close to the 1990 Celica.
PLEASE
Toyota is for girls

Rio Grande, NJ

#3 Dec 28, 2007
Who cares about that Jap mobile. Just another piece of tin can crap these communist are trying to pawn off on us. Anyone who supports these pig's, is just pure scum..
kim

Athens, Greece

#4 Mar 26, 2008
Toyota Celica is the best car ever, even on road. It's perfect and it is very beautiful.
my 2 cents

Nanaimo, Canada

#5 Mar 27, 2008
first of all, japan is not communist you dumba$$. and second of all, where do you think a lot of your parts for your american cars come from. oh that's right, china and japan. there is no such thing as an "american" car. everything is international now.

on the topic of the celica, i can't wait for it to get here. it was an amazing car then, and it will be better this time around. and no it won't be anything like the 1990.

“Drive safely...”

Since: Nov 07

Newport, RI

#6 Mar 27, 2008
A company that has to bring back an old model is a company that is desperate, the desperate company being, (Toyota).
Gas Saver

Gulfport, MS

#7 Mar 27, 2008
Um.. Dodge Charger and Daytona, 2009 Camaro, Impala, Ford GT40, etc?

American makes have revived old nameplates more times than I can remember. It's not necessarily a sign of anything, except perhaps customer demand.
camry junk

Lewiston, ME

#8 Mar 27, 2008
Hope its not like the 07-08 camry with the dangerous hesitation problem.
Google 07 camry transmission problems
Toyota moving forward??????????
my 2 cents

Nanaimo, Canada

#9 Mar 28, 2008
camry junk, you're right, it did have problems, all of which have been fixed.

gas saver, the charger, daytona, camaro and GT40 are all limited sellers. all great cars, but limited. if only the domestics put the same care and attention that they put into those auto's, maybe they wouldn't be in the situation they are in.
Built Ford Tough

Philadelphia, PA

#10 Mar 28, 2008
my 2 cents wrote:
gas saver, the charger, daytona, camaro and GT40 are all limited sellers. all great cars, but limited. if only the domestics put the same care and attention that they put into those auto's, maybe they wouldn't be in the situation they are in.
Again you stupid moron, get the snow out of your brain. The problem the big three have is the union. If Ford and Gm had the luxury of the non union employees like Toyota, that also employs temp employees, they would be just fine. But since Toyota has the full advantage to put money in to the company rather than pay it's work force, they will continue to have the advantage.
John Ward

Windsor, Canada

#11 Mar 29, 2008
Ignore that ignoramus calling himself "Built Ford Tough"!!
Perhaps he's been incarcerated at the Cape May Courthouse far too long!!(Or not long enough?)
Wonder what he's charged with?
A good guess is it has something to do with statutory retardation!!!
toyotas lemon

Lewiston, ME

#12 Apr 5, 2008
my 2 cents wrote:
Toyota fixed problem with the 4cly camry??? The 4cly still has the same problem after TWO tsb's done and a new transmission. and now the problem still there but now becomes normal????
Just wait till the next few years when the consumer learns what toyota's quality is like. only matter of time!!!!
Samantha

Minneapolis, MN

#13 Jun 8, 2008
My First Car was a 1990 Celica and its awesome! Then I got a Ford, and was completly devistated that i sold my car, I hate ford(fix or repair daily) lol! but I just got a newer 2004 celica and i love it! I just cant wait for the new celica! I bet i'll go head over heals over it!
Samantha

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Jun 8, 2008
and toyota does not have a problem! come on you ford, and chevy and whatever else Red Necks, u would be lucky to afford a hott a$$ toyota! i mean obviously ur jealous of us for having great cars! so leave toyota alone! and also we are not talking about Camry(which is a great car) we are talking about the sporty awesome CELICA! but just go to h*** if u hate toyota! toyota is clearly better than you! and if u hate toyota, im gonna run u over with my awesome car! LOL!
Samantha

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jun 8, 2008
WHOOPS!!!! TUNDRA, 4 RUNNER, Land Cruiser, and Others
camry junk

Lewiston, ME

#17 Jun 20, 2008
Poor toyota lovers, toyota hype not a good thing!!! In 86 I owned a 81 toyota celica maybe one of the best cars I ever owned, but if this new celica is anything like the 07 camry with the dangerous hesitation/downshifting problem that becomes normal when the two tsb's fail to fix problem, burn the plans now!! Toyota with oil sludge problem and the 07 08 camry nightmare and frames rusting out on tacomas, well toyota can not have many more problems like this before the consumer learns the truth, toyota is alllll hype!!!
Toronto Bob

Saint Catharines, Canada

#18 Jun 21, 2008
Poor "Camry Junk" is obviously on some kind of angst motivated Anti Toyota crusade.
It has all the earmarks of a neurotic obsession.
Literally every Toyota forum in this site is visited by this individual on a daily basis, where the same message is posted....over...and over....and over.....!!.
Anyone questioning his twisted logic is accused of being an employee of Toyota.
Go figure????
Well, one can only wonder what motivates this rather bizzare behaviour and totally convoluted logic.
Needless to say,there are much more important issues to rant incessantly about...if a person is inclined to rant incessantly like "Camry Junk" seems to be.
So, It's a free world....let "Camry Junk" rant to his heart's content.
Is anybody paying any attention??
Probably not!!
So fill your boots "Camry Junk"....and while you're ranting away with this obsessive crusade to nowhere....
Life goes on......
factory rat

AOL

#19 Jun 23, 2008
Samantha wrote:
My First Car was a 1990 Celica and its awesome! Then I got a Ford, and was completly devistated that i sold my car, I hate ford(fix or repair daily) lol! but I just got a newer 2004 celica and i love it! I just cant wait for the new celica! I bet i'll go head over heals over it!
if you love toyota so much why dont you move to japan!maybe they will give you a job over there.
Toronto Bob

Windsor, Canada

#20 Jun 23, 2008
A couple of worthy observations regarding this clown "AOL"..........

Too bad stupidity isn't painful.
If it was, AOL would be in a world of hurt!!!

Remember AOL, there ain't any vaccines against stupidity.
You're stuck with it forever.
factory rat

AOL

#21 Jun 24, 2008
Toronto Bob wrote:
A couple of worthy observations regarding this clown "AOL"..........
Too bad stupidity isn't painful.
If it was, AOL would be in a world of hurt!!!
Remember AOL, there ain't any vaccines against stupidity.
You're stuck with it forever.
hey dumb azz why dont you come up with something original for each topic instead of the same old sh-t!
or maybe thats to hard for you sh-t for brains!
crown victoria

Santa Ana, CA

#22 Jun 25, 2008
who gives a crap about the celica, or for that matter who gives a crap about toyota.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Solara Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What should I do (Sep '17) Sep '17 Zastoy 1
Toyota Solara Convertable (Mar '13) Mar '13 Alt60 1
News Incentives for the change (Mar '07) Mar '13 PILLBILLY 3
News New Toyota recall: sticking accelerator pedal (Feb '10) Jan '13 Frank 22
News Toyota Produces 25 Millionth North American Bui... (Oct '12) Nov '12 Mike Price 36
News Toyota settles class-action suit on oil sludge ... (Feb '07) Dec '11 liner 5
News Toyota recalls 420,000 cars in U.S. (Nov '11) Dec '11 Happy and Laughing 109