Car Doctor: Used Prius models have OK battery

May 11, 2011 Full story: The Boston Globe

Q. I'm looking at purchasing a 2002 Toyota Prius with only 50,000 miles on it. I know the owners and I know they seldom used it.

Full Story
bob the mechanic

Lakeland, FL

#1 May 12, 2011
Priuses are very expensive disposable cars. They are good for about 60,000 miles, then the batteries need replacing. Replacement battery packs can cost more than the car is worth and they can sometimes catch fire. Plus, people who drive Priuses are usually enviroweenies. Unless you want people thinking you're a mindless dumbass, get yourself a big honkin SUV and ride around with the AC on full blast with all the windows down. That's what real men do.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#2 May 12, 2011
bob the mechanic wrote:
Priuses are very expensive disposable cars. They are good for about 60,000 miles, then the batteries need replacing. Replacement battery packs can cost more than the car is worth and they can sometimes catch fire. Plus, people who drive Priuses are usually enviroweenies. Unless you want people thinking you're a mindless dumbass, get yourself a big honkin SUV and ride around with the AC on full blast with all the windows down. That's what real men do.
"A. The typical life of a hybrid car battery is about 10 years, and many last nearly the life of the car."

This is a quote from the article YOU posted. Guess you didn't read it.
GM drops a duece

Wauconda, IL

#3 May 12, 2011
bob the mechanic wrote:
You're an idiot and obviously no nothing about cars. You support the killing of American soldiers by buying gas guzzling trucks because that's what real men do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Sequoia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Takata Airbag Update: Toyota and GM Expand Reca... Nov '14 JSantoli 1
Chrysler counting on three big new models (Aug '06) Aug '14 cookies n cream 2
Toyota plant to hire 60 soon (May '14) May '14 excited 2
rear dvd (Jan '13) Jan '13 james 1
Hoboken resident questions $600 towing cost lev... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Hoboken BNR 1
2007 Sequoia NAV system (Dec '12) Dec '12 Dan Subbert 1
Toyota plans to break ground on V6 engine expan... (Sep '12) Oct '12 Dale Ernhart 3
More from around the web