2008 Highlander problems
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Joyce Whitaker

United States

#102 Jan 19, 2013
I can't get my bright lights to stay on.....I push the arm back towards the dash and they don't even come on.....
Critina LPM Mexico

Mexico

#103 Sep 25, 2013
I have a 2008 highlander one owner and after 4 years every time it rains I have water on the rear floor, took it to the dealer and changed all the floor plastics, water again, took it to the dealer they spray all the bottom with this black paint water again, changed rubber doors and water again, changed the sunroof rubber and water again, Im really tired of this. Im taking it tomorrow again to see whats next.
[email protected]
Misti

Panama City, FL

#104 Jan 13, 2014
I bought a used 08 Highlander and now the radio display stopped working. I can listen to the radio and seek channels via the stearing wheel button but if I press a button on the actual radio, it cuts off. Anyone else have this problem?
dan

Milwaukee, WI

#105 Jan 14, 2014
Have a metal clicking noise at every bump in the road. I heard this is the clips that hold the windshield in place. Anyone else have this annoying problem?
Leaking water when rains

Lake Mary, FL

#106 Apr 7, 2014
I see someone posted the same issue above but I don't see anything or answers. Was it solved and if so, what was it? i have the same issue and they cannot figure it out. I do not have a sun roof either. I think i've had this issue a long time but didn't really notice because I had a garage. When it rains the water puddles mostly in the back passenger side but also in the front and back driver side too but not as badly as the passenger back side. Thanks.
No Name

Glendale, AZ

#108 Apr 9, 2014
I have a 2008 highlander sport 4wd, original owner, under 40,000 miles. The car needed a new water pump a few years back. It came loose and the vibration from rattling around caused it to crack - apparently. Most recently I took it in for an oil change and wasn't allowed to leave with the car because the timing cover was leaking oil onto the engine and could start on fire. Cost to repair: $2,300. Not acceptable for a car that has been regularly serviced at the dealership and has low miles.
Mrs

Potomac, MD

#109 Nov 27, 2014
We have our 2009 highlander sport since it was purchased new. Currently it has 92k and have not had a single problem. Tow a 2500 lb camper. I added a trans cooler only. I am glad it has a timing chain rather than a belt. Will probably change spark plugs at 100k. Have ran synthetic engine oil and changed the trans fluid regularly since we tow a camper and changed front and rear brake pads at around 70k even though they still had 30% life left. Would purchase another one new if I had to, but don't see the point as this one is still going strong. Only 1 item drawback was tires. Not many choices available In this size. Forget at moment what that is,but a set of 4 will set you back a grand. But you do get what you pay for.
Skret

Washington, NC

#110 Jan 28, 2015
Amarzing1 wrote:
My cruise control stopped working on my 2008 Highlander ... The 'cruise' light doesn't come on either. Any suggestions?
You have a leak in an air hose that controls your cruise control. Simple fix from a mechanic.
glepore2000

Brooklyn, NY

#111 Apr 10, 2015
Does a timing chain have be be changed? I'm not sure what the required maintenance is?
Mom

Sacramento, CA

#112 Oct 31, 2015
Red wrote:
Have 2008 Highlander and waterpump failed at 43,000 miles Redand you have to take the engine out to replace the water pump. cost would be over 1200 dollors if not underwarrenty.
I have a 2008 Highlander that I was just informed I need to repair my water pump too at 71,400 miles. My plat warranty expired in 2015 before reaching the 100,000 miles. It is costing me $750. I am not happy, have a call into the corporate office to get covered.
fellobond

Mexicali, Mexico

#113 Jan 3, 2016
Skret wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a leak in an air hose that controls your cruise control. Simple fix from a mechanic.
When you say air hose, you mean an air vaccum thin hose, as the ones used in AC or breacks?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Highlander Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toyota Highlander 2004 -moon roof problems (Jun '06) 8 hr DES 24
Toyota Highlander Radio Problem (Aug '10) Apr 10 zimmgin 61
Warning lights on, brake lights out and shifter... Mar 25 Highlanderdiyhelp 2
highlander tail/brake light problem (Jul '07) Mar '17 Gloria Lynch 162
2006 Highlander Hybrid AM radio static (May '16) Mar '17 Jack 2
PCS for 2017 Highlander LE AWD Mar '17 owlk 1
2008 Toyota Highlander Climate Control Knob (Aug '11) Jan '17 Thul-kifl 33
More from around the web