Toyota recall hits locally

Toyota recall hits locally

There are 31 comments on the Evening Sun story from Jan 27, 2010, titled Toyota recall hits locally. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

A Corolla sits on the Hanover Toyota lot Wednesday afternoon where sales of roughly 60 percent of the lot have been suspended in light of the company s nationwide recall.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
GMC biased

Spring Run, PA

#1 Jan 28, 2010
Never liked the looks of them or the ride. Only thing that must be appealing was the delusion that Toyotas were longer lasting.
Kirby

Bethesda, MD

#2 Jan 28, 2010
It's nice to see that GM is taking an active approach, I also hope to see Ford follow in the same light. It's time for Americans to start to buy American Vehicles !
John

New Bloomfield, PA

#3 Jan 28, 2010
its very sad to say but Toyata is more American made then any of the Big 3
liner

Bronx, NY

#4 Jan 28, 2010
Kirby wrote:
It's nice to see that GM is taking an active approach, I also hope to see Ford follow in the same light. It's time for Americans to start to buy American Vehicles !
An active approach to what....?
August West

Hollywood, FL

#5 Jan 28, 2010
"Government pressure also has reportedly played a ROLL (???) in the sales suspension, recalls and expected production shutdowns in U.S. factories."

Does anyone proofread this garbage anymore? Have budget cuts impacted the newspaper's ability to proofread the garbage its illiterate reporters write?
JoefromGburg

Columbia, PA

#6 Jan 28, 2010
Kirby - better read what John says very carefully, because his statement is accurate. Toyota sells many models that are made right here in the United States. In fact, if you read the article closely, you discover that although some of the recalled cars are found in Europe, their US supplier of accelerator pedals is to blame for this issue.
Think about it

Hanover, PA

#7 Jan 28, 2010
GMC biased wrote:
Never liked the looks of them or the ride. Only thing that must be appealing was the delusion that Toyotas were longer lasting.
Did you ever notice that Toyota never had these problems when they were ALL built in Japan? Ever since our lazy good for nothing American workers started building them, it's been tnhing but problems!
liner

Bronx, NY

#8 Jan 28, 2010
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever notice that Toyota never had these problems when they were ALL built in Japan? Ever since our lazy good for nothing American workers started building them, it's been tnhing but problems!
An assembly line worker can only install parts that he's given. He doesn't really have a choice what he puts in the car, now does he?
libby

San Antonio, TX

#9 Jan 28, 2010
The supplier is CTS Corp., based in *Elkhart,
Ind. and the problem part was manufactured at its plant in *Ontario, Canada, according to a report Toyota handed to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration last week.
CTS has not replied to a request for comment sent earlier this week.(from the article)

READ corectly folks.
libby

San Antonio, TX

#10 Jan 28, 2010
Ind. and the problem part was manufactured at its plant in *Ontario, Canada, according to a report Toyota handed to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration last week.
CTS has not replied to a request for comment sent earlier this week.(from the article)

READ correctly folks.

did not hit all keys... sorry.
August West

Hollywood, FL

#11 Jan 28, 2010
Think about it wrote:
<quoted text>
Another know-nothing, self-loathing American. Please move to another country!
usa

Lemoyne, PA

#12 Jan 28, 2010
Doesnt it make you wonder if the one you are driving is safe? If they are stopping producing them and selling them cause they are unsafe!Better take it back and ask for a loaner car, preferribly a ford. or better yet trade it on one!
Yeah Right

Philadelphia, PA

#13 Jan 28, 2010
libby wrote:
READ correctly folks.
I understand that this part is manufactured in Canada BUT who chose the design for this part? Correct me if I am wrong, but I understand it as a design flaw not a manufacturing flaw. At our company we only make what the customers wants per their specifications, it is their part not ours, we are just the manufacturers of it! So really whose fault is it?
GMC biased

Spring Run, PA

#14 Jan 28, 2010
usa wrote:
Doesnt it make you wonder if the one you are driving is safe? If they are stopping producing them and selling them cause they are unsafe!Better take it back and ask for a loaner car, preferribly a ford. or better yet trade it on one!
No, do not trade in for a Ford. Get a GM, you'll be glad you did.

just kidding
Yeah Right

Hanover, PA

#16 Jan 28, 2010
August West wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, you must be another union lazy man! I must have hit a sore spot...so you want me to leave the country. No way man....I am going to bleed the syatem for all the "free money" I can first....Then I will move to Mexico, and live like a king!
Yeah Right

Hanover, PA

#17 Jan 28, 2010
August West wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not proud to be an American these days! Go ahead and tell me to leave, that's okay. For a supposedly "SUPERPOWER" we are acting like more of a third world country these days. Wake up America! The reveloution is coming!
USA

Hanover, PA

#18 Jan 28, 2010
SCREW TOYOTA AND AND ALL AMERICAN BASHERS LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#19 Jan 28, 2010
JoefromGburg wrote:
Kirby - better read what John says very carefully, because his statement is accurate. Toyota sells many models that are made right here in the United States. In fact, if you read the article closely, you discover that although some of the recalled cars are found in Europe, their US supplier of accelerator pedals is to blame for this issue.
Incorrect-

The supplier built the pedals to Toyota specs. Toyota designed the pedals and validated the pedals. Using the supplier as a scapegoat is piss poor. Further, this very supplier was lavished with quality awards from TOYOTA for their perfection and execution of performance. Educate yourself on the subject matter, please.

“Most Honored Senior Member ”

Since: Jun 09

Dallas, TX.

#20 Jan 28, 2010
libby wrote:
READ correctly folks.
The supplier has nothing to do with ToyotaÂ’s faulty designs. See above post for direction.
Thats your choice

Hanover, PA

#21 Jan 29, 2010
GMC biased wrote:
<quoted text>
No, do not trade in for a Ford. Get a GM, you'll be glad you did.
just kidding
Sure...trade it in on a bigger piece of junk! Good thinking! I will never own anything other than a import.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Highlander Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2008 Toyota Highlander Climate Control Knob (Aug '11) Jan 12 Thul-kifl 33
Toyota Highlander 2004 -moon roof problems (Jun '06) Jan 5 Water lady 22
Highlander door lock actuator (Aug '10) Jan 2 Almir 147
highlander tail/brake light problem (Jul '07) Dec 28 Big Jim 161
Auto Turn Off for lights not working Dec '16 aphil95 1
Tire Pressure Monitoring System Indicator Problem (Aug '07) Dec '16 Jo R 41
News Our Opinion: Toyota's imprint grows as its succ... Nov '16 Trumped 7
More from around the web