2003 Toyota Highlander Headlight Lens Cover and Rear Right Brake Light

Posted in the Toyota Highlander Forum

Highlander2003Lo uisiana

Alexandria, LA

#1 Feb 12, 2011
I recently had the lens cover polished by a mechanic and the problem got a little better, but now it seems the film is back, making it hard to drive at night and see unless I run the HIGH beams on my 2003 Highlander. The replacement lenses are expensive and I think a body shop has to do it. Could run hundreds fast.... Also right brake light just started acting up. All lights work except when you depress the brake, the right light doesn't come on. It is a little dimmer when I have my headlights on, but when I put on my brakes, no cigar! Any Ideas????
Right brake light suggest

Mission Viejo, CA

#2 May 2, 2011
Hi,
We are dealing with the same thing on our 2003 Highlander and are trying to find the parts for the headlights for less money. We also had the brake issue and found it was an inexpensive bulb issue. If I recall, one bulb caused problems to both brake lights but was solved once we replaced it. The regular lights always continued to work.
2003 Highlander up again

Alexandria, LA

#3 May 2, 2011
Just got the dealership to fix my right brake light.$49.99 for an ungrounded wire? Anyway when I got the Highlander back the left light was not working. the Bulb and socket were cross threaded and broke. I took it back but the dealership said they didnot do it. Liars! Anyway they ordered me a new socket at $10 and when it got their they refused to help with it. The parts manager came out and installed it for me for free and apologized. She checked out all my lights and SHe saved the day. The parts manager and service people tried to charge me $99 for turning off an engine light and for engine diagnosis??? I said SURE... Give me a printout of the diagnosis, what did you find?? THey paused and said : no charge. They were trying to rip me off!!!!! I thought Toyota was above old tricks like that !!
liner

Hicksville, NY

#4 May 25, 2011
2003 Highlander up again wrote:
Just got the dealership to fix my right brake light.$49.99 for an ungrounded wire? Anyway when I got the Highlander back the left light was not working. the Bulb and socket were cross threaded and broke. I took it back but the dealership said they didnot do it. Liars! Anyway they ordered me a new socket at $10 and when it got their they refused to help with it. The parts manager came out and installed it for me for free and apologized. She checked out all my lights and SHe saved the day. The parts manager and service people tried to charge me $99 for turning off an engine light and for engine diagnosis??? I said SURE... Give me a printout of the diagnosis, what did you find?? THey paused and said : no charge. They were trying to rip me off!!!!! I thought Toyota was above old tricks like that !!
Toyota may or may not make good cars.....but their dealers are, without a doubt among the worst in the business. As you found out.
jschmidtt

New Haven, CT

#5 Feb 6, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Highlander Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Automatic Power Lift Gate (Oct '06) Sep 12 walkerwilliam91 6
Toyota Highlander Radio Problem (Aug '10) Sep 7 salaja 45
2008 Toyota Highlander Climate Control Knob (Aug '11) Sep 5 Bevnchaz 26
Highlander door lock actuator (Aug '10) Aug 28 Vesper 110
highlander tail/brake light problem (Jul '07) Aug 18 MD in CA 121
Map scree Aug '14 Jande 1
rpms at 75 mph (Jan '13) Jul '14 Emmers14 2

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••