Hyundai Elantra a real looker

Hyundai Elantra a real looker

There are 12 comments on the The Kansas City Star story from Jul 20, 2011, titled Hyundai Elantra a real looker. In it, The Kansas City Star reports that:

The attractive 2011 Hyundai Elantra sedan is arguably the best-looking smallish sedan in the country.It's also a value-minded five-seater that lets buyers add coveted features, like navigation system, rearview camera, upscale alloy wheels and 360-watt, premium audio, and still wind up with a sticker price of $20,350 or less.Every Elantra sedan is ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Kansas City Star.

GMC man

Pittsburgh, PA

#1 Jul 20, 2011
If your Dumb ,Blind and Stupid,I guess,
Kevin

Philadelphia, PA

#2 Aug 5, 2011
Yeah, the Elantra looks great. But too bad it drives like crap. and that's what really matters when attempting to get from point A to point B. I am dropping my brand new Elantra off at the dealer today for the 3rd time since i purchased 6 weeks ago.

“NO I'M NOT A COP!!!”

Since: Jul 11

Crestwood, IL

#3 Sep 29, 2011
Yea if you like terd cars...
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Sep 29, 2011
Crestw00ds finest wrote:
Yea if you like terd cars...
Don't you have cars to park?

“NO I'M NOT A COP!!!”

Crestwood, IL

#5 Sep 29, 2011
liner wrote:
<quoted text>Don't you have cars to park?
Dont you have better things to do? Go [email protected] off in NY, come to chicago with that attitude see what happens
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Sep 29, 2011
Crestw00ds finest wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont you have better things to do? Go [email protected] off in NY, come to chicago with that attitude see what happens
I'm just amazed....somebody valet parks for 5 years(five!)and the best they can come up with is Dodge trucks are rattletraps and Elantras are "terd" cars. Where did you park cars at...walmutz?

“NO I'M NOT A COP!!!”

Crestwood, IL

#7 Sep 29, 2011
liner wrote:
<quoted text>I'm just amazed....somebody valet parks for 5 years(five!)and the best they can come up with is Dodge trucks are rattletraps and Elantras are "terd" cars. Where did you park cars at...walmutz?
Yes 5 years you can read! Im so proud of you.Yea dodges are low quality trash. I parked cars in downtown Chicago, I know alot more than you. Let me guess you own a prius or a fit...nice guess btw shows how much you really know you stroke
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Sep 29, 2011
Crestw00ds finest wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes 5 years you can read! Im so proud of you.Yea dodges are low quality trash. I parked cars in downtown Chicago, I know alot more than you. Let me guess you own a prius or a fit...nice guess btw shows how much you really know you stroke
"I parked cars in downtown Chicago, I know alot more than you". Now there's a resume! Internet blowhard. Get lost.

“NO I'M NOT A COP!!!”

Crestwood, IL

#9 Sep 29, 2011
liner wrote:
<quoted text>"I parked cars in downtown Chicago, I know alot more than you". Now there's a resume! Internet blowhard. Get lost.
Who said it was a resume, I would be lying if I said I did something else. What dont you get kid? That was years ago atleast I had a job, don't need a resume at this point. The HVAC/R trade is keeping me busy so like I said before SHOWS HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT ME...f&$cking tool you are a real waste of life you know that? Stay in New York you'll get beat to a bloody pulp if you come here running that mouth you sorry a$$ ba$tard
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Sep 30, 2011
Keyboard tuff guys don't impress anybody my friend. But I digress.
Let's go back and start over. This thread was about a reporter from the Kansas City Star who did a review on the 2011 Hyundai Elantra. He seemed to like it because of the stylish good looks as well as the extensive list of equipment it came with. At least that was his opinion of the car after driving it and comparing it with other similar cars.
The first guy who posted hates anything that doesn't say GM on it, so we know where he's coming from. The second poster apparently owns one, so presumably his opinion is valid ie, likes the look of it but not the way it drives. Fair enough.
The third poster says it's "a terd car". Now, I wonder how he formed his opinon? Does he own one? Did he ever drive the car? At least look it over at the dealer? Compare it to other similar cars? Did he at least valet park a 2011 Elantra and drive it around the block?
See where I'm going with this?
common sense

Miamisburg, OH

#11 Oct 1, 2011
Whether people on this post like the car or not, the Elantra is well rated by virtually all car magazines and reviewers. It is also priced very competitively considering how they are equipped. Hyundai also has the longest warranty.
I do not have a Hyundai so I cannot address how it rides and handles.
albedodown

Lynnwood, WA

#13 Oct 13, 2011
common sense wrote:
I do not have a Hyundai so I cannot address how it rides and handles.
I've had my Ford Festiva(Kia body, Mazda engine) for 22 years & love its dependability & 45MPG for the the first 10 years. Replaced the timing belt at 75,000 miles & it promptly gave me 50.8 MPG while driving 11,000+ feet of up & down mountain passes.

Hyundai bought Kia & slowly improved their own quality. Tho Hyundai & Kia give 100,000 warranties, they still make money because the cars are good. My wife has a 2008 Hyundai Accent which I have driven to 42MPG while crossing 5500, 4000 & 3000 foot mountain passes. On a small 1400 foot mountain pass, her Accent turned in 45+MPG. After 50,000 miles, her Accent drives well with no squeaks, creaks or rattles.

Recently, a lady told me she drove her 2011 Elantra from Everett, Wa to Portland, Oregon & back, getting 51MPG. Driven carefully, the 2012 Elantra should easily get 45MPG on trips. Possibly, not as quiet as a Chevy Eco Cruze, & not quite the MPG, the Elantra should last longer than the Eco Cruze, which is decked out with a turbo, complicated direct fuel-injection, variable quantity oil pan, & other MPG gaining gear which is adding complexity to the Eco Cruze. Already, the newest reliability indicators show repair trips of the Eco Cruze are double that of the Elantra.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Corolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
#on radio is A51814 what dose this mean Nov 12 Misti singer 1
05 Corolla won't turn over Sep '17 Nick 1
2010 Toyota Corolla Problem (Jun '10) Aug '17 liner 29
2010 matrix check engine light Aug '17 Anonymous 1
corolla fuel filler neck (Nov '08) Jun '17 Earl 47
Sunrise Corolla (Feb '17) Feb '17 All 1
vsc light, trac light, and engine light on 2010... (Apr '12) Feb '17 liner 5
More from around the web