Fuel efficiency not driving auto sale...

Fuel efficiency not driving auto sales | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 27 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jan 3, 2011, titled Fuel efficiency not driving auto sales | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

If U.S. consumers are in the midst of a green revolution, the news hasn't reached car buyers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
the truth

Newark, OH

#1 Jan 3, 2011
No one want gov motors.

drill bay dril in the USA
liner

Bronx, NY

#2 Jan 3, 2011
Don't worry, as soon as gas hits 4 bucks you'll see people come around.
the truth

Newark, OH

#3 Jan 3, 2011
The marixst dems want it to hits 10 bucks and no we wnt come around we are going to fire and impeach you losers on the left
liner

Bronx, NY

#4 Jan 3, 2011
the truth wrote:
The marixst dems want it to hits 10 bucks and no we wnt come around we are going to fire and impeach you losers on the left
Trust me...you have NO say in the price of oil. Doesn't matter a whit who's in power.
Jan 20 2013

Mcdonough, GA

#5 Jan 3, 2011
Americans will not buy Obama's new People's Car (aka GM Volt-swagen) or any other overpriced, underperforming, tin-can, death machine promoted by power-hungry eco-crats.

The American SUV and American pumpjack are here to stay. Get outta the way so we can drive, baby, drive and drill, baby, drill. It's the American way.
ABC

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6 Jan 3, 2011
A new Buick Regal STARTS at $28,000.
On what planet is that sane?
$15K to $20K for a piece of crap?
In a Recession,the WORST since the '30s?
Massive unemployment(20% is realistic)
Wages for those working(the work of 2 or 3)FLAT!
Doggie politicians and The Ruling Vampire Pirates that they serve bleeding The Nation dry?
The INTENTIONAL destruction of The American Middle Class; the ONLY group that held the Corporatists in check?

We're not only "not in kansas anymore"; we're not even in the same United States of America.
It's been stolen by The Ruling Scums
AND
There will be hell to pay getting it back.
Jan 20 2013

Mcdonough, GA

#7 Jan 3, 2011
The economic destruction is all very intentional.

http://bigpeace. com/pschweizer/2011/01/03/is-b arack-obama-intentionally-tryi ng-to-damage-our-economy/
Nanny State Losers

Columbus, OH

#8 Jan 3, 2011
Better buy what you really want now, as in a few years there will be very few vehicles available in our government controlled automotive market that is affordable, and you really want to spend your own money to buy.

That means get the large vehicle now, before they are gone.
karon

AOL

#9 Jan 3, 2011
Gas prices will change what people drive. The only problem those who are buying gas hog cars will have trouble selling them when gas get over 3 and 4 dollars!
palomino penner

Mcdonough, GA

#10 Jan 3, 2011
Fuel prices will not change what I drive.
The Chevy Volt cannot haul a horse trailer.
And my horse can outlast its battery.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#11 Jan 3, 2011
karon wrote:
Gas prices will change what people drive. The only problem those who are buying gas hog cars will have trouble selling them when gas get over 3 and 4 dollars!
Maybe for those who do not have any other outside factors to worry about. I would love to be able to drive a vehicle that can haul what I need hauled, have 4-wheel drive, and have the ground clearance to be able to drive what I drive through. However I haven't found the Prius (or the like) that will do that. Gas will not sway me because I have no choice.
liner

Bronx, NY

#12 Jan 3, 2011
palomino penner wrote:
Fuel prices will not change what I drive.
The Chevy Volt cannot haul a horse trailer.
And my horse can outlast its battery.
Oh, it could probably pull a miniature pony, couldn't it?
karon

AOL

#13 Jan 3, 2011
Enjoy the gas hogs while you can, when United States starts having oil shortages like United States miltary is saying by 2015, you are going to be walking more or taking mass transit!
disillusioned

Miamisburg, OH

#14 Jan 3, 2011
Some studies show that many 2 and 3 car families have a truck, van or SUV as one of their vehicles, and a smaller more fuel efficient car for commuting around town when extra hauling is not needed.
You dont have to be a liberal environmentalist to drive a hybrid or high MPG car.
I do agree that the marketplace should determine what is produced and sold, not the government.
disillusioned

Miamisburg, OH

#15 Jan 3, 2011
Many families have an SUV or truck as one of their vehicles and a smaller more fuel efficient car for around town driving. It simply depends upon a person's needs.
Will Burns

United States

#16 Jan 3, 2011
I would buy a fuel effeicant car if they were not made for midgets with no feeling in their legs. For those of us not verticaly challenged we would have to have the rear seat removed and the driver seat mounted further back. I checked that voids the warranty.
karon

AOL

#17 Jan 3, 2011
Yes the private sector will save us lol. The best way to run a country or state is to have a Balance of government and business!
Gm man

Washington, MI

#18 Jan 3, 2011
Jan 20 2013 wrote:
Americans will not buy Obama's new People's Car (aka GM Volt-swagen) or any other overpriced, underperforming, tin-can, death machine promoted by power-hungry eco-crats.

The American SUV and American pumpjack are here to stay. Get outta the way so we can drive, baby, drive and drill, baby, drill. It's the American way.
You are totally wrong.

Overpriced? This is America, where the invention of the assembly line allowed cheaper price, better quality, and higher production. Hmmm, funny how a 100k Corvette can destroy a 300-400k euro car.

Underperforming? Ssc Ultimate Aero, Dagger GT, Hennessey Venom GT, Corvette Zr1, Dodge Viper ACR, need I say more. Oh yea, if you want underperforming, but a 2 liter Toyota. If you want the efficiency of a V-6 with power of a V-8 (yes, I know, it sounds just like the commercial), buy an ecoboost.

Tin Can? I believe most American Automakers use Hydroformed Steel to make their frames. Sorry. At least they are not plastic like Toyota.
Gm man

Washington, MI

#19 Jan 3, 2011
ABC wrote:
A new Buick Regal STARTS at $28,000.
On what planet is that sane?
$15K to $20K for a piece of crap?
In a Recession,the WORST since the '30s?
Massive unemployment(20% is realistic)
Wages for those working(the work of 2 or 3)FLAT!
Doggie politicians and The Ruling Vampire Pirates that they serve bleeding The Nation dry?
The INTENTIONAL destruction of The American Middle Class; the ONLY group that held the Corporatists in check?

We're not only "not in kansas anymore"; we're not even in the same United States of America.
It's been stolen by The Ruling Scums
AND
There will be hell to pay getting it back.
The Buick Regal is for people who want more luxury than a Chevy Cruze, but who cannot afford a CTS. So, with that information, it is quite sane. If you want insane, why not talk about the new Lexus LFA that costs $400k and can NOT out-perform a 70k Corvette Z06.
Gm man

Washington, MI

#20 Jan 3, 2011
Will Burns wrote:
I would buy a fuel effeicant car if they were not made for midgets with no feeling in their legs. For those of us not verticaly challenged we would have to have the rear seat removed and the driver seat mounted further back. I checked that voids the warranty.
Do what Jay Leno says. Unfortunately, the gas prices will go so high that we will need electric cars. Instead of having that forces apon us, buy an electric car NOW, and keep the gas guzzling car for the weekends. This way, we are not dependent on gas, so gas prices will go down, and our weekend fun will be cheaper. I admit, an electric corvette would not be fun, no soul, no engine sound, so buy a Volt (or the like) for your daily run-a-round and use the Corvette in weekends or special occasions. Jay Leno is a smart person when it comes to cars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Corolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vapor Canister (Sep '06) May 8 Jeff 305
News A deployed airbag is seen in a Honda Accord. Apr 27 Donald Trump 2
won't start right away (Apr '15) Feb '18 seabfoleno 2
#on radio is A51814 what dose this mean (Nov '17) Nov '17 Misti singer 1
05 Corolla won't turn over (Sep '17) Sep '17 Nick 1
2010 Toyota Corolla Problem (Jun '10) Aug '17 liner 29
2010 matrix check engine light (Aug '17) Aug '17 Anonymous 1