Which Car Drives Most Miles Per Tank?

Full story: WNBC New York 37
POSTED: 9:47 am EDT May 20, 2008 Not only is the Toyota Hybrid the top-selling hybrid vehicle, having recently topped 1 million units sold, but it is also the most fuel-efficient vehicle on the road. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cool person

Bridgeport, CT

#21 May 28, 2008
There is a Getty gas station on hempstead turnpike that has prices of $3.99 a gallon for plus or premium.
Tommy Tukk

Hall, MT

#22 May 28, 2008
Five years and you'll be flyin around instead of drivin around.All gas autos will be parked outside city limits and electric/solar autos only within city limits.Great idea.huh???I just invented a means for transportation,been using it for years and that is my Llama-geenie.Not gas pollution,no excused except a occasional fart.I invented this harness that allows my llamas to stay side by side and I made a belt to hold my lounge chair in place with music,TV,CD player,and a beer cooler.I'll be sellin them in a year or two.As soon as the oil companies dry up.Smooth ridin they are...
joi

United States

#23 Jun 7, 2008
working wrote:
My silverado gets 20hwy! Not bad for a four door fullsize truck. Not good when my drive to work is 60 miles one way. I spend $130 a week on gas. We should start taking the gas from Iraq and use it all in America.
WE need to change our habits is what we need to do. I am just as guilty. I had a Corolla for 12 years, sold it last year and bought a 96 truck from a relative. How stupid was that?
Mike Crill

Hall, MT

#24 Jun 7, 2008
joi wrote:
<quoted text>
WE need to change our habits is what we need to do. I am just as guilty. I had a Corolla for 12 years, sold it last year and bought a 96 truck from a relative. How stupid was that?
We all live and learn and I think we all have learned our lesson on this one.5 years and the oil/gas companies can kiss all our asses.not soon enough...Bastards...
W Fetrow

Capitol Heights, MD

#25 Jun 25, 2008
behemouth pryde wrote:
<quoted text>
wow are s stupid moron high speed in a hybrid or even in a toyota? lol lol at you LMAO at u, you are a homo w/ a small weeniee hybrids are un safe vehicle and not safe for my famile, i prefer my big chevy american pryde suburban i can have my 9 kids and wife in there and it simple you small weevee lol at you i love behemouths.....
"Wow are s stupid..."
"un safe"
"famile"
"pryde"
"weevee"
"behemouths"

I could go on and on, but I doubt you can afford a new Suburban, and I hope to God you haven't reproduced nine times!

This web interface lets you know when you have made a spelling error. Your grammar, on the other hand, is all yours. You need to find your third grade teacher and tell her how she failed to give you a good grounding.
VBF

New York, NY

#26 Jul 1, 2008
behemouth pryde wrote:
<quoted text>
wow are s stupid moron ...
Flaming is ALWAYS unnecessary and a sign of a tiny penis.
decochick

Greensboro, NC

#27 Jul 16, 2008
We see who the moron is...the one that drives the suburban...the gas guzzlers are killing everyone. Should be looking out for the future of those 9 kids.
Pat

Oceanside, CA

#28 Oct 14, 2008
i drive an altima hybrid. I get ne where to 30-35 miles per gallon on a 20 g tank. So i fill up with any time between 600 to 650 (just to be safe) miles per tank, with a tank only costing about 70 bucks right now! beat that.
I no 2 much

Rockville, MD

#29 Nov 17, 2009
The answer to the headline of this article should be the Ford Fusion Hybrid which can go an OFFICIAL estimated 700 miles per tankful but has set a new record of 1445.7 miles on a single tank ! Musta been all downhill with a strong wind behind it!
liner

Hicksville, NY

#30 Nov 17, 2009
I no 2 much wrote:
The answer to the headline of this article should be the Ford Fusion Hybrid which can go an OFFICIAL estimated 700 miles per tankful but has set a new record of 1445.7 miles on a single tank ! Musta been all downhill with a strong wind behind it!
.......on a flatbed.
Bart

Canton, GA

#31 Nov 20, 2009
dmsing: According to Honda, the 2010 Hybrid Civic has a 12.3 gal tank and gets a combined 42 mpg. So that's 516 miles per tank NOT 594. The 2010 Prius gets a combined 50 mpg and the 11.9 gal tank gives 595 miles.
liner

Hicksville, NY

#32 Nov 20, 2009
Bart wrote:
dmsing: According to Honda, the 2010 Hybrid Civic has a 12.3 gal tank and gets a combined 42 mpg. So that's 516 miles per tank NOT 594. The 2010 Prius gets a combined 50 mpg and the 11.9 gal tank gives 595 miles.
The other way to look at it is,(which is maybe what he means) use the highway figure, rather than the combined number and multiply it out. This would theoretically give you the most miles per tank. Except for hybrids, yada yada yada.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#33 Nov 21, 2009
Prius's are very sh*tty vehicles
liner

Rocky Point, NY

#34 Nov 22, 2009
vancy adds so much to the discussion, doesn't he?
Always on topic. Plenty of facts to back up his intelligent pronouncements. Willing to listen to all sides of the debate.
You haven't lived until you've heard his riveting accounts of his exploits in the Army Special Forces during the war. What war?you say? Why the BIG ONE, you know, the one in "Gernada". Maybe he was so traumatized, he forgot how to spell it.
(With sincere apologies to all our REAL troops serving our country)
Don't stop vancy, we love it.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#35 Dec 11, 2009
Liner aka New York Liberal
American hate thrower.
Will support any country other than his own.
Ohbama voter, Change spread America's wealth to Asia.
kkk

San Antonio, TX

#36 Dec 22, 2009
I have a 1998 ford explorer v8 that gets 17 in town and 19 highway not bad for the year and size of auto
excursion

Charlotte, NC

#37 Feb 15, 2012
get over 900 miles per tank in my diesel excursion it has 450hp and 805tq with edge chip and 486,000 miles on the clock. it has tons of power can tow just about anything and can haul eight people. I bought it for safety reasons, in a head on wreck with a prius i do not fear for my life at all. imo it is the best vehicle on the planet. i plan on putting new rings in it at 750,000 and see no reason i cant reach the million mile club. what i am about to tell you is a bit of a secret but it is also what makes the excursion stand alone, it is one of the only vehicles that can run on used transmission fluid, yes i said it used tranny fluid free from any tranny shop or oil change place free free free. the only thing you do is fillter it and change your fuel filters every 7000 instead of 15000 and your driving around for less money and more power than anybody else. that is the reason diesel excursions are worth a lot of money even if they are old with high mileage

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Corolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Toyota Corolla ABS Speed Sensor (Mar '11) Jan 23 Sue 21
2010 Toyota Corolla Problem (Jun '10) Jan 11 jrose 27
Honda builds its 300 millionth motorcycle Dec '14 SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 9
2009 toyota corolla Alternator decoupler pulley Nov '14 itchofgolf 1
2009 Corolla Stock Radio Display goes Blank. (Jul '08) Oct '14 david_j 100
Toyota explains what names like Camry and Yaris... Oct '14 Ma Mopar 1
How do I fix the clicking noise when I steer my... Oct '14 msalman3 1
More from around the web