2012 Honda Civic Fails To Get Consume...

2012 Honda Civic Fails To Get Consumer Reports' Recommendation

There are 1 comment on the FamilyCarGuide story from Aug 2, 2011, titled 2012 Honda Civic Fails To Get Consumer Reports' Recommendation. In it, FamilyCarGuide reports that:

The publication said the new Civic scored poorly in its road tests of sedans . Compared with its predecessor, the Civic LX achieved a score of only 61 points, a drop of 17 points over last year's model.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at FamilyCarGuide.

carguru

Kapolei, HI

#1 Aug 4, 2011
I think CR got it right, it appears Honda delayed the release of the new Civic not to make it a world beater but simply to find ways to make it cheaper and more profitable for Honda. There really is no new technology in LX model that CR tested as Honda continues with the carryover engine and carryover a dated 5 speed automatic(that has no manual shift function)and Honda continues with its cost cutting decision to offer only cheap rear drum brakes (whereas for example the Elantra offers discs all around, 6 speed automatic)in the LX and DX models with no blue tooth. While its competition offers more content--Honda chose to offer less. Honda needs to quickly offer 6-7 speed automatics in all of its cars and develop new technology engines with twinscroll turbos, diesel, direct injection, and stop wasting resources on hybrids (which I will not buy),abandon Acura and incorporate some the Acura premium features in its Honda lineup such as HID lights, Acura premium sound systems, awd etc. Honda also needs new design studios as Honda/Acura's are at either bland and generic or polarizing and ugly (ie. Acura). I've been buying Hondas for my whole life, but unless Honda gets back its mojo, my next car will not be a Honda or Acura.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Corolla Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 Corolla...catalytic converter (Dec '08) Jul 17 Cathy 211
2009 Corolla Stock Radio Display goes Blank. (Jul '08) Jun 28 rkaya 103
Vapor Canister (Sep '06) Jun '16 322Sgd 301
Parking brake light coming on when parking brak... (Nov '10) Jun '16 lownsporty 11
Toyota Corolla ABS Speed Sensor (Mar '11) May '16 Lakh 30
why radio won't turn on May '16 liner 3
Toyota curola 2009 radio don't turn on Mar '16 luscious 1
More from around the web