Hybrid drivers lose special privileges in California

Jun 29, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Reno Gazette-Journal

For six years, California gave owners of hybrid cars the keys to the fast lane: permission to drive alone among carpoolers.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Wipperwill

Apo, AE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 29, 2011

Judged:

Makes sense

Why make the gas guzzler continue to run while sitting in traffic using more fuel and creating more emissions when a hybrid could be sitting there instead running making very little emissions.

It's supposed to be about what's good for the environment, not about what's good for the person who's driving the car.

If you want to make better incentives to buy the car, lower the damn price of them and make them the same price as the other type...

Bottom Line
Boardwatch

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2011

Judged:

Goes to show you it wasn't about running cars with less emissions, it was about how you can make those who jump on the green bandwagon feel more important and privileged.

Your right in your evaluation.

Question:
How many cars sitting in traffic with their engines running does a hybrid replace?

Answer - None. Hybrids don't sit in traffic They just clog up the carpool lane slowing down those who do carpool.

About time California started thinking logically.

My wife and I almost bought a Hybrid Camery until I found out the cost was $8,000 more. I did the Math on that and discovered that she would have to drive 70,000 miles before we broke even on fuel costs.
There again if you want Americans to start buying electric and hybrid fuel cars than you have to get the prices down to match a gasoline car. Other wise that extra $8,000 buys years worth of Gasoline instead.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Toyota Corolla Forum right now

Search the Toyota Corolla Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Toyota Corolla ABS Speed Sensor (Mar '11) Jul 19 Steve in Syacuse NY 17
Vapor Canister (Sep '06) Jul 9 Used to be Toyota Jon 296
Corolla 2009 = Steering Problem at HWY Speeds (Mar '09) Jul 7 scary car 186
2003 Corolla...catalytic converter (Dec '08) Jun '14 Anonymous 204
Toyota workers in Canada to vote on joining Uni... Jun '14 Lear ajax 1
Toyota India workers end strike; to resume duty... Apr '14 Parris Boyd 1
GALLERY: Toyota Levin for the Chinese market Apr '14 Parris Boyd 1
•••

Buy a New Car