Feds Clear Toyota On Throttle Issues; Steering Issue Remains?

Aug 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: TheCarConnection

Toyota-and Toyota owners-can breathe a little easier with a finding from the federal government released today.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
truthbtold

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

throw enough money at anything and it will go away,.
disillusioned

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

There is definitely some contradictory information. The Brian Ross ABC investigative report discussed on another thread revealed several internal documents from Toyota dealers dating back to 2003 giving a different story. Several unexplained findings of unintended acceleration were verified by dealers. Some reports indicated that the cause appereared to be electronic.
While these instances appear to be very rare, they should not exonerate Toyota in every instance. Driver error probably explains many of the instances, but not all of them.
It may be very difficult to re-create this phenomenon if in fact the glitches are extremely rare. Real life on the road experiences cannot always be duplicated in tests.
Every incident is not reported to the NHTSB. I know at least one person who did not report a sticking accelerator because the car was old and he felt that mechanical things simply start failing with age. It is likely that all manufacturers experience some such failures on occasion.
liner

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

disillusioned wrote:
There is definitely some contradictory information. The Brian Ross ABC investigative report discussed on another thread revealed several internal documents from Toyota dealers dating back to 2003 giving a different story. Several unexplained findings of unintended acceleration were verified by dealers. Some reports indicated that the cause appereared to be electronic.
While these instances appear to be very rare, they should not exonerate Toyota in every instance. Driver error probably explains many of the instances, but not all of them.
It may be very difficult to re-create this phenomenon if in fact the glitches are extremely rare. Real life on the road experiences cannot always be duplicated in tests.
Every incident is not reported to the NHTSB. I know at least one person who did not report a sticking accelerator because the car was old and he felt that mechanical things simply start failing with age. It is likely that all manufacturers experience some such failures on occasion.
Agree.
Mike

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

disillusioned wrote:
Rare! Tell that to those people who got killed D!PSH!T.
liner

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

Judged:

Mike wrote:
<quoted text>Rare! Tell that to those people who got killed D!PSH!T.
How do you know they were killed by their Toyotas? How do you know they just didn't have their foot on the wrong pedal? That's right, you DON'T know, because you didn't read the story.
Just the Truth

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

Judged:

You know the Feds are probably right

If they were too stupid to buy a Toyota, they were probably too stupid to confuse the brake pedal with the gas pedal.
liner

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

Judged:

Just the Truth wrote:
You know the Feds are probably right
If they were too stupid to buy a Toyota, they were probably too stupid to confuse the brake pedal with the gas pedal.
I think I know what you're trying to say.......if they were stupid enough to buy a Toyota, then they were probably stupid enough to confuse the brake pedal with the gas pedal. Right?
Mike

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2010

Judged:

I think I know what you both are trying to saying. How confused am I. LMAO!!!!
liner

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 13, 2010

Judged:

Mike wrote:
I think I know what you both are trying to saying. How confused am I. LMAO!!!!
If you're confused, you're in the right place!
Mike

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2010

Judged:

The next car Toyota will produce, "The Toyota Recall". LMAO!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 10 of10
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Toyota Corolla Discussions

Search the Toyota Corolla Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Vapor Canister (Sep '06) Wed Used to be Toyota Jon 296
Corolla 2009 = Steering Problem at HWY Speeds (Mar '09) Jul 7 scary car 186
2003 Corolla...catalytic converter (Dec '08) Jun 20 Anonymous 204
Toyota workers in Canada to vote on joining Uni... Jun '14 Lear ajax 1
Toyota India workers end strike; to resume duty... Apr '14 Parris Boyd 1
GALLERY: Toyota Levin for the Chinese market Apr '14 Parris Boyd 1
Toyota Corolla gets unique face for Chinese market Apr '14 Parris Boyd 1
•••

Buy a New Car