Tammy

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

I just got my car back from the THIRD time they replaced my CD player/radio. They said there is still NO service campaign regarding CDs refusing to eject and that I appear to still be the only one having the problem, even though I took them this blog on 11 Jan 08. Just got off the phone with Toyota Corporate, got a case number and everything. He said that since the dealer had replaced the radio, my problem had been taken care of and that no further action would be done by Toyota. It appears that the dealers are supposed to inform Toyota when there is a problem like this. So, my next step, tomorrow, is to insist on seeing my dealer's input to Toyota. If there is no input, then I guess they either will do one or I'll call Dateline or someone. There must be some agency or law to help with this. I bought a brand new car and on 15 Sep 08, I'll be stuck with a piece of junk radio/cd player!
Susan Harris

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2008

My cousin bought a brand new 2008 Camry in November 2007. She is now getting her third radio replaced. Has been told tough luck. This is very wrong.
Larry _NB Canada

Fredericton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2008

Bought 2008 Camry LE about 3 weeks ago, same problem as others with CD player which stopped working in middle of song and would not eject. Worked fine for a while after and same problem re-occured... went to Dealer with copy of these Posts which were of surprise and great help to him since he had not seen this problem before on 2008 Camry. Dealer contacted Toyota who acknowledged seeing a few of these CD problems before. Dealer will replace CD Player with no problem. These posts are important and should go a long way to help everyone.
Larry -NB Canada

Fredericton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2008

The CD Player in the 2008 Camry LE is made by Panasonic for Toyota. There is a tiny number on the front of the CD Player which needs to be given when being replaced.
RoweRN

Greenville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2008

Mickey wrote:
Are you stupid people?? Don't put more than one CD inside... If you do so, it'll stuck anyway.
I don't think us "stupid" people are putting more than one CD in the player at a time, we are referring to the number of times it has happened, not the number we have put in at one time...duh.
Bud

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Same issue here....Brand new, store bought CD's
One "locked up" last week, then was fine
This morning, another locked up, worked okay, then got stuck......Finally came out a few minutes ago when I was running an errand
I am going to see the dealer this afternoon
more camry junk

York Beach, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2008

Go to autotrader.com look how many used 08 camry's traded back in, lots with under 1000 miles?? the 08 must have the hesitation downshifting problem same as the 07 camry????
no matter problem I guess people are finding out hard way what toyota value is.I know i did!!!!
Bud

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

I had them look at the hesitation issue on my 2008 when they looked at the CD player issue (new CD player on order by the way)

Regarding hesitation, they say all checks out fine, they reset the computer, and the car will learn to respond to my driving habits....I said huh?? are you joking..they say not...they are serious

we'll see....Glad it's a company car and not mine
Maria

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

I'm having the same problem, I thought it was the CD, eventhough it was new. Then I put another new CD in and it stopped in the middle of the song and then wouldn't eject.
yonkers NY

Chappaqua, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2008

i bought a 2008 Camry LE with standard CD player last september 2007. Like everybody is saying in this site, the discs play for a while and then they stop and you can't eject the discs. I took car to the dealer today and toyota will replace the CD Player.
BILL buying 08 Camry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2008

Ok .. enough about the CD player . what else do I have to look forward to ? anything else not right with the car???? HURRY with your responce lol .. I'm looking at one on MONDY
BILL buying 08 Camry

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2008

Ok enough about the CD player .. what else do I have to look forward to? HURRY with your comments .. I'm looking at one on MONDAY .... HELP!!! Anything else going wrong? with the car???
Have a new camry

Henderson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2008

I love my camry but I am having the same problem with the CD player will not eject my cd error 1 message. This is crazy, but I have emailed toyota and will call the dealership soon. Glad its not just my problem.
Have a new camry

Henderson, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2008

But I would suggest this car to anyone to buy, the CD player is the only problem I am having.
Hummingten NJ

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2008

Bought the new 2008 Camry in January with standard single disk CD player. During the first time use, played less than 5 minutes, stopped and disk couldn't be ejected during driving but was ejected after turnoff the engine and restart. Thought it was the CD problem. Changed to a CD that was tested on other players. Again stopped after a few minutes with ERROR 1 message and couldn't eject thereafter. Called the dealer who said they'll have to shipped the unit back to Toyota. Read the blog, called the Toyota 800 number immediately and offered a case number.
With these many people having the same problem and looked like same issues exsited in previous model years (from other websites), the car should be sold with a strong black box warning about the CD player. Researched the owner manual - it looks like something like this binds to happen. Toyota should consider not installing such an unreliable piece in their best selling car. I had been very happy with my last two toyotas (none had a CD player). I wonder what happened to the quality excellence the company had pursued. It definetly will make me hesitate to buy the next toyota.
Christine

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 29, 2008

Bought a new 2008 Camry 3 weeks ago. Got the CD stuck problem today with Error 1 message. I will take the car to dealer next week.
MUH

Corona, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Christine wrote:
Bought a new 2008 Camry 3 weeks ago. Got the CD stuck problem today with Error 1 message. I will take the car to dealer next week.
Same problem. CD gets stuck and nothing happens for a while. Then after a couple of days when eject is pressed ejects and/or plays CD normally until the whole thing repeats again. Took to the dealer in LA.Dealer order for a replacement CD player. I hope when replaced the problem will go away for good.
more camry junk

York Beach, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

Think alot of people are having a problem with the cd player with the 07 08 camry GOOGLE 07 camry transmission problems

Take a look!!! the radio must be like the dangerous hesitation/downshifting problem. a problem without a fix!!! that becomes normal???
jerry

Griffin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

I have some cd's that I burned on my computer that did play on my surround sound system. I got a new 2007 Camry and played some of them on it's cd player. Now not one of them will play on my dvd player but they will still play on my computer or in the car. Does anyone have any idea what happened after they were played in the car?
Sarfo

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2008

I also bought a new 2008 camry in November'07 and having the same CD problem. It stops playing and lock the cd inside.
I have also realized that, when I take off fast from stop sign, the right front wheel vibrates several yards before it gets settled and drive smoothly. I have Camary LE with dual exhuasts. Does anyone have this problem also?
I also have the downshifting problem but I initially thought it was because of the extrreme cold temperatures in Minnesota.
This is my first time of driving Toyota and it has been a disappointment. Thanks for the 1-800 number.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of123
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Toyota Camry Forum right now

Search the Toyota Camry Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hottest cars at New York Auto Show 2014 Thu jack 1
Toyota paint problems (Apr '09) Apr 17 billy in bama 209
1992 Camry - Start up problems! (Dec '06) Apr 16 murph 167
Rear speaker covers (Jun '07) Apr 13 Joshua 693
2007 Camry - Rattling noise at idle (Jan '11) Apr 12 camrys rock 19
Torrance-based Toyota Motor Sales USA settles s... (Jan '07) Apr 12 CharleneBlake 68
05 Toyota Camry Throttle body problem (Jul '11) Apr 9 CA driver 13
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
•••
•••