2008 Camry Sun Visors
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Jose Toyota

United States

#1 Jul 7, 2010
Here is my story.....My drivers side sun visor decide to quit working several months ago....I took the car to the dealer and under warrenty it was fixed.....The problem was something internally that the mechanism broke and it was just-a-floppin'.... So several days ago the passenger's visor does the same thing... Now the car is out of warrenty... I call 1-800-331-4331 Toyota customer service in California and the fellow there listens to what is going on, does a little research on my car using the VIN # and comes back with a claim number.... He says get it fixed and FAX me the paid receipt.... I got it fixed, FAXed the information and just today he called me back saying he got to information and expect a check in 7 to 10 weeks.......Wow...well OK...I guess TOYOTA is really listening to quality issues....Soooo try it if you have any issues with your nearly new Toyota see what they will do for you.......
ian

United States

#2 Dec 24, 2010
Same problem both visor clips broke - of course now out of warranty...this is a quality issue...
Mars

Europe

#3 Dec 29, 2010
I have the same problem with left side sun visor. It keep dropping down, it happen about four or five months ago. I will try to the call the number that you were calling and thanks for information.
camry Junk

Bar Harbor, ME

#4 Dec 29, 2010
Its a Toyota this is "NORMAL" just like the dangerous hesitation
Google toyota hesitation
liner

Bronx, NY

#5 Dec 29, 2010
Don't you just hate hesitating sun visors?
Fisher

United States

#6 Feb 28, 2011
Same sun visor problem with my 2008 Camry. I just filed a complaint with the National Highway and Traffic Safety Administration. You should too: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm
liner

Bronx, NY

#7 Mar 1, 2011
So now the NHTSA database is going to be clogged with sun visor problems?
Next you'll be complaining about contaminated air in the tires.
camry junk

Bar Harbor, ME

#8 Mar 3, 2011
Yeah listen to liner he ownes a 1993 camry, but seems to know all about everything!!!! go buy a 05 to 2011 camry with all the quality issues, and see how you like it!!!!
Toyota does suck!!!!even with giveaway prices and incentives i would rather walk!!!!!!!
But you should reallllllly listen to liner he knows EVERYTHING!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA NOT!
liner

Bronx, NY

#9 Mar 4, 2011
camry junk wrote:
Yeah listen to liner he ownes a 1993 camry, but seems to know all about everything!!!! go buy a 05 to 2011 camry with all the quality issues, and see how you like it!!!!
Toyota does suck!!!!even with giveaway prices and incentives i would rather walk!!!!!!!
But you should reallllllly listen to liner he knows EVERYTHING!!!!! HA HA HA HA HA HA NOT!
Compared to you, it would seem I do. BTW, it's a 99. I know that's a big number for you.
camry junk

Bar Harbor, ME

#10 Mar 4, 2011
Liner Please go buy yourself a 2011 camry, You sure deserve it!!!!!!! Treat yourself!!!!!!!!!!
And yes 99 is a big number for me!!!! Whatever that means????? subtract 10 and that is how many people toyota has killed!!!! and yes that is a lot!!!! sad but TRUE!!!!!
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Mar 5, 2011
camry junk wrote:
Liner Please go buy yourself a 2011 camry, You sure deserve it!!!!!!! Treat yourself!!!!!!!!!!
And yes 99 is a big number for me!!!! Whatever that means????? subtract 10 and that is how many people toyota has killed!!!! and yes that is a lot!!!! sad but TRUE!!!!!
No reason to buy a new car, my 1999 Camry is just fine. By the way, got any proof that Toyota cars have killed ANYBODY? I'm talking actual proof, not what you drooling, anti-Toyota cretins dream up. Actual legal proof?
camry junk

Bar Harbor, ME

#12 Mar 5, 2011
Do not need any "PROOF", I owned one of these dangerous cars!!!!!! well for 10 days that was enough!!!!!!! by the look of things go to www.autotrader.com an look how many 2011 camrys traded back in with 200 to 400 miles, theres your proof!!!!!!!!!! wait it must be the great toyota value (trade in value) yeah thats why people are losing lots of money!!!! toyota moving forward in a heap of toyota trash!!!! and yes you are lucky if it is a 99 camry you own, those were the good ones!!!!!!
Ans sorry about the comments to you, it just seems that you have your opinion about everything (which is fine) but whan I tell facts what happened to me, well for some reason you do not like it?????
Im not a anti-toyota anything, im just posting what happened to me, it seems bad but that is what Down east toyota did to me!!!!!!! so im not posting my opinion, just posting what and how I was screwed by down east toyota ,and toyota!!!!!!!
And you want facts?????? well if there isnt a "REAL" problem with toyotas electrical or whatever is wrong with them, why is there so many sitting on lots traded back in just after a few hundred miles, think about how much money you lose everytime you walk into a dealer and trade your car??? there must be someting???? again Im not anti anything, all auto companies are having problems, but i am posting what happened to me!!!!!!! which it is wrong but down east toyota has been doing this kind of thing for so long thay just do not know it is wrong!!!!
And yes I did work there years before I purchased this camry, and YES I should have known better then to buty from them, but now for sure I know better because if someone that worked there they treat like this, well they will treat anyone like this!!!!!!!!!
I remember all the customes who wanted their trade back and Down east toyota would hide it way in the back of curleys bay or in the paint shop, so the customer could not buy it back and tell them it was gone!!!!!!!!! and after the paperwork went through the bank well that vehicle would appear back on the lot!!!! that is wrong!!!!!
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Mar 5, 2011
camry junk wrote:
Do not need any "PROOF", I owned one of these dangerous cars!!!!!! well for 10 days that was enough!!!!!!! by the look of things go to www.autotrader.com an look how many 2011 camrys traded back in with 200 to 400 miles, theres your proof!!!!!!!!!! wait it must be the great toyota value (trade in value) yeah thats why people are losing lots of money!!!! toyota moving forward in a heap of toyota trash!!!! and yes you are lucky if it is a 99 camry you own, those were the good ones!!!!!!
Ans sorry about the comments to you, it just seems that you have your opinion about everything (which is fine) but whan I tell facts what happened to me, well for some reason you do not like it?????
Im not a anti-toyota anything, im just posting what happened to me, it seems bad but that is what Down east toyota did to me!!!!!!! so im not posting my opinion, just posting what and how I was screwed by down east toyota ,and toyota!!!!!!!
And you want facts?????? well if there isnt a "REAL" problem with toyotas electrical or whatever is wrong with them, why is there so many sitting on lots traded back in just after a few hundred miles, think about how much money you lose everytime you walk into a dealer and trade your car??? there must be someting???? again Im not anti anything, all auto companies are having problems, but i am posting what happened to me!!!!!!! which it is wrong but down east toyota has been doing this kind of thing for so long thay just do not know it is wrong!!!!
And yes I did work there years before I purchased this camry, and YES I should have known better then to buty from them, but now for sure I know better because if someone that worked there they treat like this, well they will treat anyone like this!!!!!!!!!
I remember all the customes who wanted their trade back and Down east toyota would hide it way in the back of curleys bay or in the paint shop, so the customer could not buy it back and tell them it was gone!!!!!!!!! and after the paperwork went through the bank well that vehicle would appear back on the lot!!!! that is wrong!!!!!
Well, you can't have it both ways. Did your Toyota kill you? You accused Toyotas of killing people. If you make a statement like that, you've got to be ready to back it up. Otherwise, don't make statements like that. It's not all that difficult.
You had a bad experience with a Toyota. Lots of people have problems with dealers. So have I. But I don't make it my life's sole purpose to drag it out forever and ever. By the way, I would LOVE to have somebody from your dealer post their side of the story.
camry junk

Bar Harbor, ME

#14 Mar 5, 2011
liner wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you can't have it both ways. Did your Toyota kill you? You accused Toyotas of killing people. If you make a statement like that, you've got to be ready to back it up. Otherwise, don't make statements like that. It's not all that difficult.
You had a bad experience with a Toyota. Lots of people have problems with dealers. So have I. But I don't make it my life's sole purpose to drag it out forever and ever. By the way, I would LOVE to have somebody from your dealer post their side of the story.
Nope my toyota did not kill me, but because of the dangerous hesitation I almost hit a ups truck pulling out of my driveway, it hesitates and jumps forward!
When I called det about this dangerous hesitation problem I was told to drive it for a week and car would learn your driving habits, so I di!!! and at end of week on the tenth morning well that is when I could not stand it anymore almost hitting a ups truck. So I called the service dept again with this complaint and the advisor laughed at me and said that who ever told you that well that will not help!!!!! And he also said that toyota has a hesitation problem in the transmission that they are working on and when and if they come up with a fix toyota would let me know.
Being told that there was a problem with no fix is the reason I traded the 07 camry back in.If they had a fix for the problem at that time well I would have kept it. but as of this date there is no true fix!
This dealer told me to drive for a week so my check at the bank would clear, and nothing I could do after that! They lied , they knew of the dangers, problems or concerns what ever they want to call it. it is just wrong what they have done!!!! I have asked several times to be removed from their mailing and e mail list and they wii not do it, they send me emails and incentives in the mail knowing how I feel and when I call and tell them to remove my name they inform me that they can do as they want, and just try to stop them!!!!!
Again for you to say that you would like to hear the dealers side, well they would tell you the same thing I am saying!!! thats what they told the BBB but as KEVIN DARLING says he can do as he wants and nothing the costumer can do. and to make it worse if you read their fine print on the back of their sales agreement, well by you signing that form you give up all your rights, you cant take them to court, you have to go by what they say!!!!!
So no my toyota did not kill me, im one of the lucky ones! I just know that if I had kept that car something bad would have happened. and so did the girl that purchased it after I did!!! she called me and asked me if I had had a problem with it and when I told her why I had traded it in, well she started to cry and said that it does the samething to her. she moved to maryland took that car with her, she traded it in at a dealer there, and guess what??? That dealer called me too!!!! and I told them of that problem and all they said was thanks!!! the next person called the girl who purchased it after me and she told them of the problem, and gave them my name, and they called me and when I told them my story well they said that they agreed and said that they were bringing it back that next day, the dealer called me ans asked me why I tild them that, and when I said I just told them the truth. the dealer hung up on me. as far as I know that car has had 5 owners with under 37,000 miles??? So you can say what you want to but if there isnt a dangerous problem with that car why has it been traded back in 4 times????
And as far as a toyota killing someone, yes I know it is true!! because I owned one. and that car of mine had hesitation, and acceleration issues.
Again Im sorry you do not like what I post but AGAIN it is the truth and it is the way Down east toyota treated me, and still is!!!Good luck to you and your toyota, and when I said you deserve one well I didnt mean it!! no one does!!!
liner

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Mar 6, 2011
camry junk wrote:
<quoted text>
"..........Again for you to say that you would like to hear the dealers side, well they would tell you the same thing I am saying!!! thats what they told the BBB but as KEVIN DARLING says he can do as he wants and nothing the costumer can do. and to make it worse if you read their fine print on the back of their sales agreement, well by you signing that form you give up all your rights, you cant take them to court, you have to go by what they say!!!!!
So no my toyota did not kill me, im one of the lucky ones! I just know that if I had kept that car something bad would have happened. and so did the girl that purchased it after I did!!! she called me and asked me if I had had a problem with it and when I told her why I had traded it in, well she started to cry and said that it does the samething to her. she moved to maryland took that car with her, she traded it in at a dealer there, and guess what??? That dealer called me too!!!! and I told them of that problem and all they said was thanks!!! the next person called the girl who purchased it after me and she told them of the problem, and gave them my name, and they called me and when I told them my story well they said that they agreed and said that they were bringing it back that next day, the dealer called me ans asked me why I tild them that, and when I said I just told them the truth. the dealer hung up on me. as far as I know that car has had 5 owners with under 37,000 miles??? So you can say what you want to but if there isnt a dangerous problem with that car why has it been traded back in 4 times????
And as far as a toyota killing someone, yes I know it is true!! because I owned one. and that car of mine had hesitation, and acceleration issues.
Again Im sorry you do not like what I post but AGAIN it is the truth and it is the way Down east toyota treated me, and still is!!!Good luck to you and your toyota, and when I said you deserve one well I didnt mean it!! no one does!!!
I sense your frustration, but I still have some reservations about your claims. It's not 1950 anymore. There are a myriad of consumer protection laws that have been enacted over the last several decades. When you sign a sales agreement, you do NOT sign away ANY of your consumer rights. No matter what the agreement stipulates, it cannot, by law, reduce the relief available to you as a consumer. Many states have "lemon laws", that do work, but you have to learn how to navigate thru them. I have a female cousin who turned into a pitbull when Chrysler tried to pull the wool over her eyes. They bought her minivan back, in full. She even got the sales tax back from the state.
Even though your Toyota "could have" killed you if you had kept it, it didn't. To date, there have been no legally verified deaths resulting from any Toyota recall issues.
Star Camry Junk

Denham Springs, LA

#16 Apr 10, 2011
I too am having driver' side visor problems. Last week out of no where after putting my visor down I tried retuning it to the up position and what do you know, it would not stay up. I tried numerous times to make it stay up; it just continued to flap around in the down position. I went into the Team Toyota Dealership in Baton Rouge, LA on yesterday (Sat, 9 APR) and was told by one of the customer service employees that although I have an extended warranty my vehicle the vehicle is no longer under the 36,000 mile dealership warranty and I would have pay the $125.00 for a new visor not including labor. By the way, I was also told that another lady had just come in last week with the same problem and her warranty did not cover the visor either. These manufacturer and dealership have to know that it is a defect with these visors but are failing to do what is RIGHT. THAT IS SEND OUT A RECALL OR AS THESE VISOR BREAK, HAVE THEM REPLACED AT NO COST TO THE OWNER AND DEALERSHIP. I TOO WILL ATTEMPT TO CONTACT TOYOTA DURING THEIR BUSINESS HOURS AT THE NUMBER LISTED ABOVE (800-331-4331)
liner

Bronx, NY

#17 Apr 11, 2011
Star Camry Junk wrote:
I too am having driver' side visor problems. Last week out of no where after putting my visor down I tried retuning it to the up position and what do you know, it would not stay up. I tried numerous times to make it stay up; it just continued to flap around in the down position. I went into the Team Toyota Dealership in Baton Rouge, LA on yesterday (Sat, 9 APR) and was told by one of the customer service employees that although I have an extended warranty my vehicle the vehicle is no longer under the 36,000 mile dealership warranty and I would have pay the $125.00 for a new visor not including labor. By the way, I was also told that another lady had just come in last week with the same problem and her warranty did not cover the visor either. These manufacturer and dealership have to know that it is a defect with these visors but are failing to do what is RIGHT. THAT IS SEND OUT A RECALL OR AS THESE VISOR BREAK, HAVE THEM REPLACED AT NO COST TO THE OWNER AND DEALERSHIP. I TOO WILL ATTEMPT TO CONTACT TOYOTA DURING THEIR BUSINESS HOURS AT THE NUMBER LISTED ABOVE (800-331-4331)
While you're waiting for Toyota to answer you, go to a local body shop and have them replace it with a used one.
Star Camry Junk BR LA

Livingston, LA

#18 Apr 11, 2011
Update: I took the advice of a previously posted commentor; who recommended we contact Toyota's Customer Service in California, and I called 1-800-331-4331. I spoke to a customer service rep by the name of John. I explained to John that my sun visor had starting flopping down at no fault of mine and that I have a extended warranty that I was told by the local dealership (Team Toyota); my warranty does not cover the replacement of $125.00 plus labor sunvisor. Given the fact that the dealership has relaced other toyota camry cutomers sunviors this was by no mean new to them. BOTTOM LINE: I was also told by John; customer svc rep in CA, TOYOTA WILL NOT REIMBURSE THE CUSTOMER FOR THIS EXPENSE DUE TO THE FACT THAT THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO RECALLS IN THEIR DATABASE for VISORS. hummm......WERE THERE ANY RECALLS IN THE DATABASE PRIOR TO THE UPROAR ABOUT THE PEDALS.....MAYBE AFTER A MILLION OR SO VISORS ARE REPLACE MAYBE THEN WILL TOTOYA OWN UP TO THE FACT THAT THE VISORS ARE DEFECTIVE.
Can anyone tell me how to lodge a complaint against Totoya for this problem.
Signed: Mad as Hell
liner

Bronx, NY

#19 Apr 11, 2011
Star Camry Junk BR LA wrote:
Update: I took the advice of a previously posted commentor; who recommended we contact Toyota's Customer Service in California, and I called 1-800-331-4331. I spoke to a customer service rep by the name of John. I explained to John that my sun visor had starting flopping down at no fault of mine and that I have a extended warranty that I was told by the local dealership (Team Toyota); my warranty does not cover the replacement of $125.00 plus labor sunvisor. Given the fact that the dealership has relaced other toyota camry cutomers sunviors this was by no mean new to them. BOTTOM LINE: I was also told by John; customer svc rep in CA, TOYOTA WILL NOT REIMBURSE THE CUSTOMER FOR THIS EXPENSE DUE TO THE FACT THAT THERE ARE CURRENTLY NO RECALLS IN THEIR DATABASE for VISORS. hummm......WERE THERE ANY RECALLS IN THE DATABASE PRIOR TO THE UPROAR ABOUT THE PEDALS.....MAYBE AFTER A MILLION OR SO VISORS ARE REPLACE MAYBE THEN WILL TOTOYA OWN UP TO THE FACT THAT THE VISORS ARE DEFECTIVE.
Can anyone tell me how to lodge a complaint against Totoya for this problem.
Signed: Mad as Hell
Are you interested in fixing the visor, or is it more important for you to bring Toyota to it's knees?
Star Camry Junk BR LA

Baton Rouge, LA

#20 Apr 11, 2011
I'm pretty sure I speak for the majority when I say, "We're more interested in having a dependable product; which might I add....in most cases when sold, the sales pitch was "Toyota's are dependable". If my having a dependable product means exposing the real issue (replacement of a defective product) without paying unnecessary money; then I guess I will borrow your description of this situation: "bring Toyota to its knees". Not to seem over board, I just want them to fix what they clearly know is a defect. If enough customers complain we will be heard. Although $175.00 may not seem like alot of money, it is to me. I would rather see it spent on my family's monthly expenses.

I thank you for the information on purchasing a barely new visor and taking it to a body shop. Great idea......no need to spend more than necessary on a sun visor that will probably break again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Camry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2002 Camry SE. Nothing But Problems! (Nov '06) 4 hr Disco busch 98
2006 camry door lock issues, (Jun '11) 20 hr loretta 19
Toyota paint problems (Apr '09) Feb 21 DIMARINE 387
1998 camry Feb 10 Matt 1
1999 Camry cruise control (Jan '16) Feb 7 WM Robert Byrnes 2
2007 Toyota Camry Radio Reception (Jun '07) Feb 6 Barry 115
1992 Camry turns over, but won't start (Apr '11) Feb 4 Cbtwo222 26
More from around the web