2005 Toyota Avalon power & milage loss

Posted in the Toyota Avalon Forum

Husky

Freeman, SD

#1 Nov 6, 2011
My Avalon did get 34mpg at 80-85mph. Now lucky to get 25mpg. at 65-70mph. I could punch the gas peddle on a high way, it would set you back in your seat and fly 55mph up to 160mph in about 1/2 to 3/4 mile. Now only 100mph. I was in an accadent. A car switched lanes in town at about 25mph and clipped my front drivers 1/4 panel. When I got the car back from the shop the traction control light came on. I turned aroud and went back to the shop. I picked it up at the end of the day. They said I had about 4 transmition codes. They said they reset and flashed my computer and no problems accured when the tech. took it for a drive. They put about 130 miles on the car test driving it? I went back about a week later and reported the differance in my car. The shop said it was operating the way it should. WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY CAR? And can I change it back?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toyota Avalon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
no signal frequently xm radio (Nov '12) Dec 20 Laura 67
AC/ Heater temp control Dec 11 JA Smith 45 1
Should a Toyota guy go Chevy? (Mar '14) Dec 9 Beaks 46
Toyota breaks ground on Lexus assembly line at ... (Jan '14) Nov 29 long term employee 33
First drive: 2015 Dodge SRT Charger Hellcat Oct '14 Cute 1
Key duplication with chip Oct '14 Richard 1
Lieu measure bans Assembly from buying foreign ... (Feb '10) Aug '14 Kung Fu Daddy 27
More from around the web