Suzuki Vitara Owners: Problems & Solutions

Full story: Edmunds.com 312
Obviously I'm new here, and I drive an '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7. I'm having a problem with my keyless entry system not working on occasion. Full Story
Anthony

United States

#165 Sep 5, 2008
Have a 1999 Suzuki Vitara. front brakes engage frequently when i am driving along... almost as if i am "riding the brake" which i am not. i can pull over push very hard on the brake peadel and they release. Any one had this problem or any good thoughts.
Darren

Málaga, Spain

#167 Oct 8, 2008
Hi, don´t know if anyone can help. I´ve got a Vitara JLX 3 dr (91). After starting, the engine dies through lack of fuel getting to the carb.I´ve blown the lines with air and still no joy. Could it be a fuel pump gone or is there a relay?(i´ve got the mechanical type fuel pump)
Cheers
Darren
dan

Burnaby, Canada

#168 Oct 16, 2008
i have a good friend same problem with his 2006 vitara. a very bad smell that that wont go away..its suzukis fault
Gopakumar wrote:
I have got a suzuki grand Vitara 2007 moodel, i ve got a problem with A/c. The Air initially comes our during starting of the vehicle has got a faul smell, like impure water, and it goes off in 15 minutes. When checked with dealer , he said its a common problem with all vehicles. DO any one else have the same issue? Any remeday for this?
luke yindy

Hawthorn, Australia

#169 Nov 18, 2008
Hi just recently brought a 97 vitara jx. It was running fine when i first got it but now after a bit of 4wdriving and a wash its started to jerk when in gear, feels like its sliping and then grabing again.. Can anyone help me out
joel

Willemstad, Netherlands Antilles

#170 Nov 21, 2008
how to put the gear oil
joel

Willemstad, Netherlands Antilles

#171 Nov 21, 2008
how to put the gearbox oil
Brian

Wyee Point, Australia

#172 Dec 3, 2008
I have a 2006 Grand Vitara 5 Door (Aussie Prestige Model).

I will highly recommend this car to anyone interested in buying.

I have had Toyota's and Mazda's before, but this car is by far the most reliable and enjoyable I have ever had.

For the 2 years, and 33.000Km so far, I have only had about 600 AUD cost for all service by the book. I have had NO problems with squealing or malfunctions at all.

Only problem ever, has been smelly aircon (I was parked underneath a gum tree for the first year) and steeringwheel a bit squeeky when turning on really hot days (50degC+) Everytime, after service visits, this would be gone for 6 month..

I HIGHLY recommend Suzuki's !!
DONG OF CEBU

Colorado Springs, CO

#173 Jan 12, 2009
You probably need a new RPM meter considering that your vehicle is 12 years old.. I highly encourage you, if you really love your suzuki vit, buy genuine parts, no aftermarket parts, it sucks..
CHOI OF CEBU wrote:
MY RPM WILL WENT DOWN TO ALMOST ZERO WHENEVER I MAKE A FULL STOP, WHATS THE PROBLEM WITH THIS? I OWN A 1996 VITARA
Matt

Hampton Bays, NY

#174 Mar 9, 2009
I have a 98 vitara won't start at times,then it start's runs great.already changed fuel pump last time this problem occured.now it's doing same thing.now when i go to start almost sounds like timing is off, But then I'll try to start a few hours later it starts with no problems.
any ideas
Pete

College Station, TX

#175 Mar 12, 2009
I am having the same problem. Did you find out how to fix the problem?
karen wrote:
I have a 2001 Suzuki Vitara. The lights seem to pulse with the engine rpms. A mechanic at a Suzuki dealer told me that this was just something that this model does. But it's very disconcerting to drive down the highway and notice your headlights pulsing. Sometimes it's a big pulsing, sometimes it's a small, but it's always "in time" with the engine. And it's the entire electrical system as the interior lights pulse along with it. Anyone else have this problem?
ryan grainge

France

#176 Mar 31, 2009
hi i have a suzuki vitara 1.6 L reg jeep it wonr start unless i put fuel into were the filter is once it fires up it runs fine can any 1 help
darren

Canberra, Australia

#177 Apr 30, 2009
Can anyone help me I have a 93 vitara jx and was advised that the clutch needed replacing as when I would change gears it wouldnt propel forward lose revs and stutter,

clutch has been replaced but the same issue is still occuring, lets say I go over 3000rpm to change gears it feels like the car is bunnyhopping and stutters

any ideas??
David - South Jersey

Montgomery, AL

#178 May 8, 2009
IS anyone having this problem? I have a 2004 Suzuki Ferenza with app 45K miles. It is difficult to start after it was been sitting a few hours. It takes 2-3 times to start. My mechanic (he is not a dealer) said they couldn't find the problem since the "Check Engine" light didn't come one. Apparently that is helpful in tracing the problem to its source. I tried different brands of gas since sometimes they use different re-formulations for their summer gas but it hasn't help. Anyone have any idea what the probelm might be? Thanx!
laura

Ballwin, MO

#179 Jun 2, 2009
i bought a 2003 vitara from a used dealler not even a year ago and like two monthes ago it started acting funny. If i let it idle for more then five minutes it shutes itself off and wont start for like fifteen minutes and i was driving it today and it just started putting and shut off in the middle of the road can someone help me with what this might be i cant stand it anymore they say it has something to do with the computer.
tony carter

Croydon, UK

#180 Jun 6, 2009
Jomin wrote:
Anybody out there knows the pump adjustment to stop black smoke overfuelling, on my 1997 Vitara Turbo Diesel Estate,(Mazda 1.9ltr engine).
hi i have a vitara which has just started smoking have you found any info how to cure it if so can you ring me on 07748572493.
Roy

Adelaide, Australia

#181 Jul 6, 2009
Hi,
Grabbing at any hope of an answer.
Have a problem with my much loved Vitara 1996 16v efi!
Keeps blowing F1, 15Amp in engine bay fuse holder.
This kills the engine but nothing else?
Lights, radio and other accessories still work.
Fearing that it's the ECU!
Fuse Ok if ECU disconnected.
ECU is 33920-71E60.
Any one got any ideas? New one quote was $2000 (AU).
Any know common component failure.
Any one know of a repair service?

Seriously worried owner
suzuki

United States

#182 Jul 9, 2009
Lancelot wrote:
Hello Vitara owner's I am about to purchase a vitara (my wife) and i see common problems so far. Is this vehicle really worth purchasing? email me at sirnladylance@hotmail.com
I have a 2003 that I have only changed the oil and filter on reguarly. I have not taken it back in for the recalls...minor ones as far as I am concerned. I have none of the problems that people on here report. The only issue I have is that my air conditioning is not working and that is really my fault. If you do not reguarly turn on the air conditioning you will end up drying out the seals in the system. The freon has oils in it to lub the seals. I am trying to figure out how to get to the low pressure side service valve as it is tucked in behind the grill. Totally bogus, unless they are trying to keep the backyard mechanics out of the system.
Bob

Rockville Centre, NY

#183 Jul 28, 2009
I have an 01 grand vitara with 55000 miles.The check engine light came on after the car stalled for the third time.Code po102 comes up on the scanner.This code refers to the mass air flow sensor.Dealer does not call it that.Not sure what to purchase,dealer wants a $100 just to scan it.No books available to help.Not sure what to do.
injection problem

Papeete, French Polynesia

#184 Sep 13, 2009
i' ve change head gasket, after this the cars run 3 secondes and stop, help me please, excuse me for my english !
Melinda

Gosport, UK

#185 Sep 28, 2009
I hv a 2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara.

has anyone had problems with their heater/air con systems.

Please let me know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suzuki Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Class-Action Lawsuit Filed Against Suzuki (Dec '09) Jan 15 leepalmertree 202
Suzuki to Launch New GW250 Bike in India this Year (Oct '11) Dec 27 like older bikes 2
2005 Suzuki Forenza (Jul '09) Nov '14 Tish 10
Maruti Suzuki Swift Facelift to be launched i... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Anant 1
The Bronco Trolls On! Ford's Muscular Troller T... (Jun '14) Jun '14 mr goodwrench 1
Electrics (Apr '14) Apr '14 Amanda 1
Suzuki unveils a quiet and green electric motor... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Solarman 1
More from around the web