Suzuki Vitara Owners: Problems & Solu...

Suzuki Vitara Owners: Problems & Solutions

There are 349 comments on the Edmunds.com story from Dec 21, 2005, titled Suzuki Vitara Owners: Problems & Solutions. In it, Edmunds.com reports that:

Obviously I'm new here, and I drive an '04 Suzuki Grand Vitara XL-7. I'm having a problem with my keyless entry system not working on occasion.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Edmunds.com.

Brian

United States

#122 Oct 18, 2007
I have a 1999 Vitara adn my instrument panel lights and rear running lights (along with plate light) are not working. Replaced the fuse and bulbs and still nothing. Is this a sensor problem or wiring?

Thanks to anyone who can help.
jerry

Oxford, CT

#123 Oct 20, 2007
How stupid you are, american made cars fall apart as soon as you drive out the dealer lot. If they made better cars, maybe people might start buy amercain made cars, but for now, they are crap
jmpasz

Omaha, NE

#124 Dec 23, 2007
Mixbrix wrote:
With 4000 miles on my 06 Grand Vitara, the rear brakes were squealing. Took it to dealer, was told they had defective brake shoes, and they did a brake job on it. Now, 4000 miles later, rear brake is squealing again. Anybody else have this problem?
there is a recall on the brakes because of that problem takit back and make them do it for free
jmpasz

Omaha, NE

#125 Dec 23, 2007
There is a recall on the brakes. Take it back and make them do it for free. i have the list. mine does the same and im taking mine in. jeanne
Nilhenwen

Worksop, UK

#126 Jan 4, 2008
Having problems getting it into four wheel drive. The instructions say something about wheel locking and the lock position but I have no clue, any suggestions?

Thanks =D
the answer

Las Vegas, NV

#127 Jan 17, 2008
after 3 trys with this piece of crap, time and money ! i took it to the lake ,and well it just fell in! thanks to my great insurance co. i am in my new wheels.
Steve Clarke Club ZULU

UK

#128 Feb 6, 2008
Dave Mac wrote:
Hi could any one help me with some info? I have a 96 LWB Vitara 2.0 Turbo Diesel, fitted with the standard Mazda RF 1998cc TD engine, the head gasket has blown, I have bought a gasket set, and timing belt, I also intend to have the head skimmed, my problem is that I can not find infomation about this engine anywhere, I really need to know what the torque on the cylinder head bolts needs to be, also where the timing marks are and how they should be positioned when setting the timing back up, I would be grateful for any guidance that could be offered.
Thanks
Dave
Hi Dave,
hope the job went well for you, would be interested to know what info you found as I am about to do the same thing!
Many thanks, Steve
[email protected]
Steve Clarke Club ZULU

UK

#129 Feb 6, 2008
Hi Dave,
hope the job went well for you, would be interested to know what info you found as I am about to do the same thing!
Many thanks, Steve
[email protected]
UAE Vision

UAE

#130 Feb 14, 2008
I want to have the new Vitara 1.6 the one with three doors. If someone has any idea about it just let me know please..
Sabh Garage Dubai

Dubai, UAE

#131 Feb 16, 2008
Hi if any one want to repair his SUZUKI VITARA in Dubai contact me
I have total service manuals & Diagnosing checking for all models
I can provide you 24 hours road assistance break down service& many more services
With thanks & regards
Rizwan
Sabh Garage Dubai

Dubai, UAE

#132 Feb 16, 2008
My mobile No IS (ZERO FIVE ZERO) (FIVE THREE FIVE ZERO SEVEN SEVEN ZERO )
Rizwan

Dubai, UAE

#134 Feb 16, 2008
EMAIL cars-clinic.com

I buy all type of Non working & dammage cars
Sel Ur Dammage S VITARA

Dubai, UAE

#135 Feb 16, 2008

Since: Feb 08

Maltby, UK

#136 Feb 18, 2008
Sabh Garage Dubai wrote:
I can provide you 24 hours road assistance break down service& many more services
With thanks & regards
Rizwan
I have a 2002 grand vitara 2000td,I need to know how to program the locking fob,hope you can oblige,thanks and regaRDS fred

Since: Feb 08

Maltby, UK

#137 Feb 18, 2008
Sabh Garage Dubai wrote:
With thanks & regards
Rizwan
Hi Rizwan can you help me I need help to program locking fob for grand vitara my e-mail address is [email protected] thanks and regards fred
Rene

Austin, TX

#138 Mar 1, 2008
I have a 2000 Suzuki Vitara 2.0 with 4x4 option. Yesterday, after driving it for about 15 minutes I noticed that the wheel seemed harder to turn - so I assumed I might need to check the power steering. 10 minutes later I noticed that the car was running hot. I opened the hood and noticed that the reserve tank was completely full. I let the car cool for about 15 minutes and then drove it the rest of the way home (about 5 minutes). By the time I got home, the reserve tank was completely gone.

This morning it was slow to crank, and by mid day I had to have someone jump it off to get the car to start. Everyone's immediate response is that the belt on the pulleys that connects these three things must be loose. I had four mechanics look at it and they say the belt is fine. So I have three problems that I think are connected - power steering, alternator, and water pump.

Once mechanic wanted to charge me to replace everything (belts, alternator and water pump). Another one couldn't find a thing wrong with my car after spending 1.5 hours studying it. While he had it, the car didn't run hot and cranked up just fine.

Autozone ran a Check Engine Test (the light of which just came on yesterday also, by the way) on it and it says something about the CAM Sensor. He suggested that this might be an indicator of why it is running hot, but cannot explain to me how that would be related to the battery problem. A battery test showed that they alternator wasn't giving a full charge.

Has anyone had a similar problem? Please help.
Ron

United States

#139 Mar 4, 2008
I have a 2001 Suzuki Vitara with a 2.0 engine. While at an idle it will just shut off and then it won't start again for about 15 minutes. After running and then shutting it off, it will sometimes not start and after waiting 15 minutes or so it will start right up and run great. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter.
danny

Newcastle, UK

#140 Mar 26, 2008
my suzuki vitra starts but wont drive what could cause this to happen
luke

AOL

#141 Mar 31, 2008
Ron wrote:
I have a 2001 Suzuki Vitara with a 2.0 engine. While at an idle it will just shut off and then it won't start again for about 15 minutes. After running and then shutting it off, it will sometimes not start and after waiting 15 minutes or so it will start right up and run great. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I have replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter.
same problem on2001 2.0 any luck?
luke

AOL

#142 Mar 31, 2008
i have a 2001 vitara 2.0 that dies after idling only for 5-10 minutes. 20 mins later or less it will start up. whats going on?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Suzuki XL-7 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
suzuki xl7 styling (Feb '16) Feb '16 taylor2081 1
2004 xl-7 4 wheel drive problem (Nov '06) Jan '15 moemoe98 3
XL7 Replacement Wipers (Jan '10) Jan '10 jeff618 1
News Should Suzuki and Mitsubishi Just Go Away? (Jul '09) Jul '09 Yank Oliver 2
News For a small SUV, it's a big contender (May '08) May '08 Dave 1
News GM adding GMC Terrain, dropping Pontiac Torrent... (Dec '07) Dec '07 Carman 1
xl 7 (Mar '06) Sep '07 robert 5
More from around the web